THC -

THC - "Gods" drug

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Apr 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Penguin
I am afraid my drug experience is mainstream and minimal so I don't have much to input.

I smoked a small amount for a couple of years while at school. Got nothing out of it and noticed no effects apart from a lack of pocket money so eventually I just stopped.

Tried cannabis once while at university. Noticed no effects at all and the opportunity never r ative impact,making alcohol seem relatively more dangerous than it really is.

--- Penguin.
No, you dont seem to have an addictive personality.

At this point , i would like to ask you, Penguin:

1. Do you think there is some sort of conspiracy/contortion of politics of sorts to keep marijuana illegal?

( gateway drug :p , the fact that cotton won the "war" on 'fibres' in the US , which was mainly tipped in the favour of cotton because of the psychoactive ingredients (remember this was when cocaine was getting phased out of coca cola) in hemp, despite the fact that the fibres(ropes,etc.) had very minimal thc in them, hardly enough to get you stoned. (This is a whole nother story, but I'm sure you can google it if your interested- basically hemp was BEST plant for making just about everything. From the nutritional value of the seed,hemp oil, to easy to grow variety of materials that could be produced by hemp. It is simply the best plant to grow as far as just about everything goes(in indusrty,etc.) Also, as you pointed out it was safer. So why legalize a more dangerous drug? (Sink you teeth into this on RJ and you Satan addicts).
marijuana did stimulate some spiritual parts of our brain -if used properly. It could get us out of our 9 to 5-24/7,whatever you call it these days, ways of looking at life- namely LINEARLY. You could access a non-linear version of reality, hence why some people like it- it's an escape(from "THE CLOCK"πŸ˜‰. Mind you , alcohol too, was an escape from The Clock , but as Penguin pointed out, there has been many other negative side effects which would often negate these positive effects.In a calculated decision, THAT WAS MADE FOR US (to vote for and all) , we choose liqour over marijuana, after they saw what an uproar banning liqour was in the 20's. So they legalized alcohol, decriminalized marijuana,(and made a whole bunch of "Reefer Madness" movies, as propaganda against marijuana (like saying smoking weed would turn you into a rapist and stuff like that). Also while this was going on, the Cotton industry lobbied the Hemp industry "out of power" in the senate, despite the innumerable facts that marijuana/hemp was by far the superior fibre. If there is a "devil", you can be sure that this was the work of his lackeys. Couldn't outlaw both, so they kept the worse one . (Al this info is pretty much correct (I may have some dates a bit off,and the "devil" quip is just my 2 cents for the christians), but this info is pretty much true and there is more to it, but I will not make assumptions about that which I do not know

Moves
04 Apr 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel

1. Do you think there is some sort of conspiracy/contortion of politics of sorts to keep marijuana illegal?

no conspiracy going on. governments would legalize it in a heart beat if people would go for it. governments dont care if its good or bad for us, look at all the crap they let food companies stick in their products. governments worry about votes and in most counties its the middle class that decide who gets in. the middle class dont like the image that goes with pot, it scares them that their children will smoke it (even though they did at college). the image of pot needs to be changed before it will be accepted. if the middle class want it then the government will be happy to provide and reap the taxes.

F

Moves
04 Apr 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
no conspiracy going on. governments would legalize it in a heart beat if people would go for it. governments dont care if its good or bad for us, look at all the crap they let food companies stick in their products. governments worry about votes and in most counties its the middle class that decide who gets in. the middle class dont like the image that ...[text shortened]... ed. if the middle class want it then the government will be happy to provide and reap the taxes.
I disagree. I think decriminalization is hampered by politicians' fear of flak from a vocal and tenacious minority, rather than any kind of 'middle class' majority.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Apr 12

why do you need to supplement it, is it not possible to just cut out "people b.s." with no supplement.
Yes, I see your point, and I think its possible. At the moment I find it hard. But thinking "hard" creates another duality/polarity.

Rather than "hard " or "easy" I like to say it is tricky. It's a trick.
Like we have perpetuated some sort of lie that has been passed on for generations.
our parents dont know they're lying to their children-but they are. Why? Because their parents lied to them,etc.... at some pint in the past we (the human race) embraced "materalism" , a falsity of sorts. Now we have found ourselves stuck between two worlds. One is this one, or a perpetuation of worlds similar to this one (reincarnation,maybe on other planets, but hopefully in an intelligent form-not to say I believe reincarnation word for word (like some believe the bible word for word), but something vaguely along the lines of reincarnation.

The other is described in our belief system as "heaven" and believe me, compared to this- it is.

Now with all this "supplementation business", I believe this is unavoidable. The duty of the one who is committed, who is righteous, who is truthful at all times, (and the other tenets that you need to fulfill your personal dharma), is DILUTION.
Once you have worked out your habits, is accosiate with the right people, be honest with our sex and drug drives (and rock 'n'roll?? : ), we need to dilute our "supplements" . Every one has just one master -him/herself.
the seat of enlightenment resides within. But "within" doesn't necessarily imply a dualism here.
(I'm not sure if I am on the same page as you, but I suspect that you would need some "spiritual" experience to get it)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Apr 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
Good point
I'm not sure what page spellspafie is on yet, but I'm quite sure you and I are on different pages

P

Moves
04 Apr 12
1 edit

( gateway drug :p , the fact that cotton won the "war" on 'fibres' in the US , which was mainly tipped in the favour of cotton be is more to it, but I will not make assumptions about that which I do not know
I do not think I am informed enough on this for my opinion to be of much value. However...

No, I don't think there is a particular conspiracy. As spellspafie says, if there enough of a public demand, it probably would be legalised.

They won't ban alcohol because again, there isn't the public demand and also there is a huge industry around it that would suffer. A lot of brewing, distilling and fermenting companies would obviously cease to be, along with the pubs of course. And there is no way you could replace that with a comparable pot industry, not without taking 100 years to build that new industry up. That's a huge impact to the economy without any great public demand for it. And we haven't even mentioned the tax revenue.

Also, I may be highlighting my ignorance here, but don't you smoke marijuana mixed in with tobacco?...

So there is no way that alcohol will be banned and irrespective of that, there is not enough support for legalising pot. there is no need to invoke a conspiracy to explain this. Public disinterest and economics are enough reason for the status quo.

--- Penguin.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Apr 12

no conspiracy going on. governments would legalize it in a heart beat if people would go for it. governments dont care if its good or bad for us, look at all the crap they let food companies stick in their products. governments worry about votes and in most counties its the middle class that decide who gets in. the middle class dont like the image that ...[text shortened]... ed. if the middle class want it then the government will be happy to provide and reap the taxes.
Just crap.

Research how cotton got into power in the us senate and how hemp got outsed.

Everyone knows about pot.

Some still believe the lies, but those people will be dead soon and the up coming generation (like my beautiful daughter daisychainsaw) ( I love embaressing her)
will grow up with the truth.
JUst for your convenience google "reefer madness" and see what you get.

For those who dont google , or dont know what it is, it is basically a whole bunch of propganda movies made in the 30's to tell you how bad pot was.
The thing they left out of those movies were the actual bad things about reefer.
Ie that made up a whole bunch of stuff that is so unfactual and totally wrong that now people goto pay to see these movies. They are considered 'cult' movies in some dvd shops.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Apr 12

Originally posted by Penguin
I do not think I am informed enough on this for my opinion to be of much value. However...

No, I don't think there is a particular conspiracy. As spellspafie says, if there enough of a public demand, it probably would be legalised.

They won't ban alcohol because again, there isn't the public demand and also there is a huge industry around it that would ...[text shortened]... is. Public disinterest and economics are enough reason for the status quo.

--- Penguin.
The governments make more money of it being illegal

I dont claim to have all the answers, but the points I put forward are usually close to some mark.

At this point I would like to reinterate I am not a scientists or a politician. (as a way of communcating on these forums, unless answering a question).

I am first and foremost a storyteller. I tell stories. Now it is upto the reader as to whether these stories are accurate or otherwise . Conversation and understanding are a 2 way street.
I think people should make an effort to meet each other half way. (But not on issues such as paedophilia) You know what I mean.
You take from a story what you take from it. Maybe you shelve it away (usually unconciously) in some part of your mind, and then BANG!! A word or a term hits your ear and suddenly you bring forth a whole stream of words that was maybe inspired by a story.

How do we win the war against Satan (not the biblical one) ?
With correct words. With the pen-not the sword πŸ™‚

Peace and thanks

Moves
04 Apr 12

Yes, I see your point, and I think its possible. At the moment I find it hard. But thinking "hard" creates another duality/polarity.

Rather than "hard " or "easy" I like to say it is tricky. It's a trick.
Like we have perpetuated some sort of lie that has been passed on for generations.
our parents dont know they're lying to their children-but the ...[text shortened]... but I suspect that you would need some "spiritual" experience to get it)
i suspect im not on the same page, im struggling to understand your words. it feels like you are trying to juxtapose many facets of life and bring them into a unified theory, which could drive you nuts. i agree we are living to the rules of a society that we did not design and like sheep we play along with the game, but how would you have it? how should society be, which ever way we could change it, it would eventually be a world in which our childrens children would want to change again. im defiantly not with you on spirituality, for me its nonsense, it has no purpose, i have all the tools to be happy or sad without it and the afterlife is irrelevant to life on earth. so my advise would be not to bother trying to reconcile spirituality with the real world its like oil and water.

Moves
04 Apr 12

Just crap.

Research how cotton got into power in the us senate and how hemp got outsed.

Everyone knows about pot.

Some still believe the lies, but those people will be dead soon and the up coming generation (like my beautiful daughter daisychainsaw) ( I love embaressing her)
will grow up with the truth.
JUst for your convenience google "re ...[text shortened]... w people goto pay to see these movies. They are considered 'cult' movies in some dvd shops.
im not sure of the in's and outs of the cotton/hemp u.s. political history and im sure what ever happened there had no bearing on why europe decided to use cotton more than hemp or why holland use cotton and have a legal thriving pot culture. also as far as im aware hemp is perfectly legal to use for materials. im not sure the relevance of hemp and cotton when it comes to the billions governments could make if they legalised it. america isnt the only country, over here in the u.k. we have had several movements to legalize pot, it was even down graded at one point where you could use it semi-legally but not supply it. i dont think your government conspiracy holds water. if it was legalized in europe the u.s. would do it as well regardless of how the might cotton lobbyist would feel.

Cape Town

Moves
04 Apr 12

All I know is that some people who smoke something (not sure if it is the same thing you smoke) go crazy. I also know that you are not quite sane either.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Apr 12
1 edit

i suspect im not on the same page, im struggling to understand your words. it feels like you are trying to juxtapose many facets of life and bring them into a unified theory, which could drive you nuts. i agree we are living to the rules of a society that we did not design and like sheep we play along with the game, but how would you have it? how should ...[text shortened]... ld be not to bother trying to reconcile spirituality with the real world its like oil and water.
But I am not concerned with the afterlife. I am concerned with the here and now.

"Which could drive you nuts". nope, not me, maybe you πŸ™‚

How would we change society? Into a working , non-discriminating model of peace, love and harmony where every one gets a "horse and cart", where science is employed where it is most needed.
Look at Tibet as an example.
The head of government is also the spiritual leader.
Now why is the Dalai Lama in exile exactly? Did he do something wrong?

No. There is something majorly wrong with the world where a peaceful ruler cannot reside in his own country.
There is something majorly wrong with a world where the country that has 5-10% of the worlds population (US ) has 90% of the worlds wealth, yet cannot provide the basic necesseties a healthcare for it's citizens.
The electric car (there's a dvd about it). Nikola Tesla. The not long ago abolished "whit Australia policy"

I could just keep rattling these things off. And the thing is that the younger generation(like my 16 yr old daughter) know this (with the advent of the net amongst other things) So now they use disinformation/and misinformation to make every seem cool . Get a black president. Cool . Bigger tv. Widescreen. Surround sound.

Do you get where I'm coming from?
Consumer society cannot sustain itself. And other than people, money is one of the biggest drugs out there.

So what do we do? Blame china? Start another war somewhere? How much money spent on military spending.
Do you live in the US? Because if you do, let me tell you, nothing from the outside is going to invade the US. It will fall from the inside -Rome πŸ™‚ thnx for reading

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Apr 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
All I know is that some people who smoke something (not sure if it is the same thing you smoke) go crazy. I also know that you are not quite sane either.
I think its a big facade. I dont think as many people admit to it as there are people smoking it.
I went to Amsterdam and you know who I saw in the coffee shops smoke their big fat scoobs? Teachers, lawyers other straight people.
It is a fact that most people get their stop-over fights in amsterdam if possible.

And I know plenty of hardworking-straight people who enjoy a doobie at the end of a days work.

I cant believe at all the negative comments here.

you guys really behind the times. I'm hope I'm not like you guys when I get older. I'd rather shoot myself.

To allow a government to tell a consenting adult what they can and cant do in their own home is absolutely ludicrous.
And here's one to top it off-especially for you twitehead- it is illegal to commit suicide.

Reminds me of when I got hit by a car. The cops and the ambulance were on the scene in 5 minutes (middle of city) . Once the cops realized that I wasn't too injured,( despite having been hit by a car travelling 40km where I went rolling up on the roof and falling down the side of the car), and the ambulance weren't required, they promptly charged me with jaywalking.
You see the irony, (the cops have it down to a tee, it's in their corrupt culture), if I had've been taken by the ambulance then I would've got what I deserved, maybe some broken bones,eh? (very christian) but since they saw I was ok, they wrote out a ticket. To a single father living on the pension where the ticket was the last thing I could afford πŸ˜›

Moves
04 Apr 12

(a very poor post title, I know, but lets not dwell on this, as there is already much dwelling on "god" without many minds being changed)

I for one have changed my internet status from being a "nothing" to being a hindu.
I also resonate with the few non-dualists on here,(mind you at times I also resonate with christians as well πŸ™‚ )

So since I ha ...[text shortened]... ave a negative effect om the people around me.
Ok enough. You guys say something.
Should we look to the Bible for guidance? Or the Vedas?

http://www.equalrights4all.org/religious/bible.htm

http://www.mmj-guide.com/Medical-Marijuana-History.html

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1090.html

The last of these links is extensive. It asserts that "Moses discovered the angel of the Lord in flames of fire from within a bush."

My own experience was an initial heightened appreciation of music and other "sense-data," but a gradual takeover, over a couple of years' use, by a pervasive feeling of paranoia when high. I don't know if the negative feelings would return, but I don't care to find out.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
04 Apr 12

never been a pot fan, tried it at art college and uni. didnt do anything for me. seemed to be an insular drug. i didnt have any spiritual experiences or any great memories associated with it. id go for a glass of wine over a spliff any day.
Uni students are famous for getting ripped off. try again, get a regular tokin pal to get you some sticky and if it does nothing for you get a brain scanπŸ˜‰

P.s I would'nt mind the name of your wine merchant, always have a plan 'B'