1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 04:161 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    No. The success or failure of the book is completely irrelevant.
    Well the book wouldn't be seen as a "success" by the overwhelming majority his peers working in science. That is relevant, surely?

And you pointedly mentioned that what he was doing before he wrote books on intelligent design was "lucrative". So I ask again, are you suggesting that "The Signature in the Cell" - or his other books on intelligent design - have not been lucrative for Stephen Meyer?

You are clearly insinuating that publishing the book (or maybe you mean his previous books) represented a financial sacrifice for Meyer. Can you substantiate this at all?

One final point, are you claiming he "dared come out with" the idea of intelligent design in his book "The Signature in the Cell"?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 04:46
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Can you define "True Scientist", "understand" and "His laws" so that maybe your statement makes some sense?
    If you need me to define those words to make sense out of my
    statement, you are in a bad way.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 04:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well the book wouldn't be seen as a "success" by the overwhelming majority his peers working in science. That is relevant, surely?

And you pointedly mentioned that what he was doing before he wrote books on intelligent design was "lucrative". So I ask again, are you suggesting that "The Signature in the Cell" - or his other books on intelligent design ...[text shortened]... ome out with" the idea of intelligent design in his book "The Signature in the Cell"?
    Can't you guys understand American English without a whole lot of explaining.
    It is really not any different from British English in meaning. We just
    pronounce some words differently.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 04:59
    Originally posted by Dasa
    There are many ways to know if a religion is false - but there are 6 main tests that determine the authenticy of any religion.

Religion is false if.............

1. It is not eternal - because God is eternal and therefore true religion must also be eternal and cannot be created by man in recent times like the pseudo religious teachings of Judaism Christian ...[text shortened]... ck to Godhead.

If your religion doesn't tick the 6 boxes above - then it is false religion.
    Actually, there is another test.

1. Devote yourself wholeheartedly to said religion.

2. Die.

3. You don't wake up, or worse, you find yourself burning in hell fire for all eternity.

There, I just saved you three steps. You can thank me later. 😛
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 05:00
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Can't you guys understand American English without a whole lot of explaining.
    It is really not any different from British English in meaning. We just
    pronounce some words differently.
    I have no problem whatsoever understanding sumydid's statement: "Stephen Meyer [...] enjoyed lucrative, amicable membership in the scientific community until he dared come out with the idea of intelligent design." I am just trying to ascertain whether sumydid stands by what the statement appears to imply.

I would also like to know from sumydid how many books he claims Stephen Meyer wrote on science, as opposed to intelligent design, before opting for career as a proponent of intelligent design, and how "lucrative" those science books were.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 05:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Actually, there is another test.

1. Devote yourself wholeheartedly to said religion.

2. Die.

3. You don't wake up, or worse, you find yourself burning in hell fire for all eternity.

There, I just saved you three steps. You can thank me later.
    If there's nothing sinful or immoral about the way Dasa leads his life, and - indeed - he lives it in a virtuous way, with compassion and mercy and kindness, are you saying - as a Christian and within the terms of reference of your own chosen religion, that God, as you see Him, will send Dasa to hell regardless?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 05:201 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    If there's nothing sinful or immoral about the way Dasa leads his life, and - indeed - he lives it in a virtuous way, with compassion and mercy and kindness, are you saying - as a Christian and within the terms of reference of your own chosen religion, that God, as you see Him, will send Dasa to hell regardless?
    I'm just trying to save the man 3 steps.

It's my good deed for the day.

Surely that counts toward the "I'm good enough to make it" club. 😀
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 05:261 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have no problem whatsoever understanding sumydid's statement: "Stephen Meyer [...] enjoyed lucrative, amicable membership in the scientific community until he dared come out with the idea of intelligent design." I am just trying to ascertain whether sumydid stands by what the statement appears to imply.

I would also like to know from sumydid how many books ...[text shortened]... career as a proponent of intelligent design, and how "lucrative" those science books were.
    Read about him on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_C._Meyer

http://www.stephencmeyer.org/biography.php

P.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=MjLDdOnClTM
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 05:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Actually I can't speak for Dasa. How could I?

As for myself, all I know is that I'm not "good" enough to make it. That means that if my faith in Christ is misplaced then Whodey is shishcabob.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 06:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Read about him on Wikipedia.
    I am trying to ascertain whether sumydid stands by what his statement about Meyer appears to imply.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 06:25
    Actually I can't speak for Dasa. How could I?
    I wasn't asking you to speak for Dasa. I was asking you to speak for yourself and to explain your beliefs on the matter, especially in light of what you said to him in your response to his OP.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 06:26
    I'm just trying to save the man 3 steps.

It's my good deed for the day.

Surely that counts toward the "I'm good enough to make it" club.
    Your 'jokes' are not answering my genuine question.
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 07:18
    There are many ways to know if a religion is false - but there are 6 main tests that determine the authenticy of any religion.

1. It is not eternal - because God is eternal and therefore true religion must also be eternal and cannot be created by man in recent times like the pseudo religious teachings of Judaism Christian ...[text shortened]... ck to Godhead.

Matthew 7:15-20 (King James Version)

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 11:27
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Scientists generally speaking seek to avoid any notion of God and they marginalize anyone who asserts the existence of a Creator.

Read the forward to a wonderful book, "The Signature in the Cell" by physicist Stephen Meyer, who enjoyed lucrative, amicable membership in the scientific community until he dared come out with the idea of intelligent de ...[text shortened]... use they seek God, is the exact opposite of what's really going on. Check your facts.
    That's because ID is not science.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 15:56

I'm BAAACK...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree