1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 17:20
    There are many ways to know if a religion is false - but there are 6 main tests that determine the authenticy of any religion.

Religion is false if.............

1. It is not eternal - because God is eternal and therefore true religion must also be eternal and cannot be created by man in recent times like the pseudo religious teachings of Judaism Christianity and Islam - how-ever true religion has no beginning because of its eternal quality - and the only religion on the face of the earth that is eternal is the Vedas.

2. It supports the killing of animals - because slaughtering animals is an absolute sure sign of ignorance - lending itself to an absence of compassion and mercy and kindness and understanding and true knowledge.

3. It rejects reincarnation - because all self realized saints and seers of the truth understand the eternality of the life giving soul and its continuance after death - and the souls continual journey through the process of reincarnation until the soul become liberated - when it can finally return back home to Godhead.

4. It has no knowledge or any understanding of the human condition and the qualities of the soul and the characteristics of the Supreme personality of Godhead and the true process of gaining love of God - as taught in the eternal Vedic teachings.

5. It doesn't have an authorized disciplic succession of bonafide spiritual masters coming originally from the Supreme Lord to the present day.

6. If it teaches falsity and error and is devoid of true knowledge - and relies on fabrication and speculation.

*The only religion that qualifies as true religion and satisfies the above 6 requirements are the Vedic teachings.

There is nothing a person can do to turn their false religion into true religion - and if you are following false religion it must be given up and true religion must be embraced - otherwise you shall not achieve any worthwhile spirituality which would normally allow you to return home back to Godhead.

If your religion doesn't tick the 6 boxes above - then it is false religion.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 18:47
    Originally posted by Dasa
    There are many ways to know if a religion is false - but there are 6 main tests that determine the authenticy of any religion.

1. It is not eternal - because God is eternal and therefore true religion must also be eternal and cannot be created by man in recent times like the pseudo religious teachings of Judaism Christian ...[text shortened]... ck to Godhead.

The Vedas fail your first test because it requires people for its existence.
    According to your first test all religion is false for only God is eternal and
    God requires no religion to exist. So there is no need to do the remaining
    tests. You can throw away your Vedic writings now since it is false.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 22:204 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Vedas fail your first test because it requires people for its existence.
    According to your first test all religion is false for only God is eternal and
    God requires no religion to exist. So there is no need to do the remaining
    tests. You can throw away your Vedic writings now since it is false.
    1.There's no possible way of definitively proving that a religion is eternal, unless you have an eternal "guy" handy,( and he wants to help you🙂 )

2.It's true a religion shouldn't support killing of animals, however there should be no rule against it, as long as some practical guidelines* are met.

3.This point is not so important,imo. If someone doesn't support reincarnation then as long as they keep an open mind there should be no problem.

4.I interpret this point to mean that the religion should have a sound understanding of the human condition,particularly psycology. I agree.

5.Disagree. If the teacher is bona fide, then the succession of masters (the authentic ones) will have no problem with anyone leading a religion as long as they understand the subject matter correctly and also know how to run a proper class.
    Bogus teachers will quickly get found out one way or another as their lies become unstuck. Bona fide spiritual persons have nothing to fear, do not tell untruth, and understand the dharmas(or at least in part) of all their students/adepts.

6.Obviously falsity masquerading as truth is a huge problem with this. As I mentioned before, I believe those that are not worthy,(that do not know DIRECTLY the "transcendental knowledge" ),will be found out, hopefully sooner rather than later.
    One tip I've come across is this : a true teacher will not ask for money. Sometimes an optional donation jar will be left by the door , but that is usually to pay for the rental of the hall or the price of tea and bikkies. (I am speaking from personal experience here again, more precisely my experiences with meditation groups ranging from self-styled gurus into crystals, (other new age crap),etc. to Tibetan monks, (one who had a 20 generational pure lineage, by this I mean for 20 generations his ancestors had not touch drugs and pretty much devoted their lives to meditation and tantra), to AA groups to buddhist re-treats and of course my visits and stays at e few KRSNA farms.

*I dont believe religions should have rules, only guidelines (so as to reflect the reality we all share)
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '11 23:57
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    1.There's no possible way of definitively proving that a religion is eternal, unless you have an eternal "guy" handy,( and he wants to help you🙂 )

2.It's true a religion shouldn't support killing of animals, however there should be no rule against it, as long as some practical guidelines* are met.

3.This point is not so important,imo. If someo ...[text shortened]... eligions should have rules, only guidelines (so as to reflect the reality we all share)
    What is the use of a religion without a rule? You can have guidelines
    for anything. Why is a teacher of truth not worthy of payment?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 00:352 edits
    What is the use of a religion without a rule? You can have guidelines
    for anything. Why is a teacher of truth not worthy of payment?
    "What is a use a religion without a rule?"

I have so many answers, but I'll try to be brief.

1. The world/universe we find ourselves in doesn't have any rules. Not the sort man would make anyway (I know there's gravity and that, but I just want to stay on topic for a bit), rules like "dont steal or dont murder" )
    Now I'm not saying we shouldn't have rules like that ,(but we should definately shouldn't have prohibition laws-just had to put my two cents into that one
    😵 )

2. Look around you. This is direct experience. Some considering boring,(unless their looking at a pretty sunset or some such-but I'm getting diverted again), if you keep looking (if you can quieten your mind , you will eventually see that there is literally more than meets the eye. You have to do this by yourself, should take about 20-30 minutes for some acute results. Remember to clear your mind and if any thoughts arise just let them pass without paying any heed to them. Clearing your mind is a tricky business. (actually I just might leave this bit here- I dont want to bore the posters with meditative instructions.)
    Just remember, the mere act of "looking around" can be a profound experience. Go somewhere nice,like a garden or a beach. (beaches are good as the white noise produced by waves can help eradicate obtrusive thoughts)
    But just sit somewhere comfortable. The lotus position has said to be the best, but sitting in a comfy chair will do-although it should not be too comfy. (the 'middle way' is always a good guide for making decisions of this nature)

Again,I'v gone right off topic, but the thing I wanted to say is that just by looking around you , you can see that there are no rules. You are free to "roam" , in the old days you were free to pillage women, although with the equality for women that abides today, that is not on anymore.

2. The "Teacher of truth" IS worthy of a payment.
    What I said was that if he/she is demanding a payment for just "words" (no massage/service of anykind, or anything), then I would be suspect of that the"teacher" She/he may be bona fide, but in my experience they are just shysters,well 95-99% of them)

A good teacher will usually accept a donation that is reflective of the persons personal finances (ie people of smaller means should be expected to pay little or nothing). Also the Tibetan monk meditation/visualizations tea and bikkies that I attended a couple of times, was very uplifting . Every person in there(about 22-25 people) was uplifted. Ever single one. And they were all happy to give donations afterwards, many of them giving this monk all their money!!!

3.Do you think you could provide some reasons for why we need rules in religion?
    We need rules for kids (as is how I see the christian religion : just an introduction into spirituality for kids!)
    But then as kids mature , we back off on them and can see that they can now cross the street themselves, without getting run over ,(as an example).
    I think if there are rules in heaven then it will only be one or two.
    Some really, really important thing that someone should never ever do
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 00:47
    the creator has written laws into nature since time immemorial, ergo the only true religion would be one which studies the laws of nature. incidentally, it's the one you have rejected wholly and completely.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 00:58
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    the creator has written laws into nature since time immemorial, ergo the only true religion would be one which studies the laws of nature. incidentally, it's the one you have rejected wholly and completely.
    God's laws of nature is not a religion. That is true science, unlike evolution.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 01:06
    Originally posted by Dasa

1. It is not eternal - because God is eternal and therefore true religion must also be eternal and cannot be created by man in recent times like the pseudo religious teachings of Judaism Christian ...[text shortened]... ck to Godhead.

These 6 points make interesting reading. But they come across as dogmatic and religionist rather than spiritual. It amounts to an appeal to join your chosen religion rather than an approach to a spiritual life for someone who does not share your belief system. You make a lot of assertions and you use a welter of subjective words - false, authenticity, true, pseudo, ignorance, absence, understand, bona fide, error, worthwhile - as if they are objective. I eat meat, for example, and yet I am not "ignorant". And yet you make the assertion anyway. I may be "ignorant" of the details of your religion. But this does not make me "ignorant" spiritually speaking. So, all this gives your post a feeling of being a series of circular arguments stitched together. However, I have no doubt that you present this information in good faith.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 01:30
    God's laws of nature is not a religion. That is true science, unlike evolution.
    it must bug you that scientists are the only true priests of god since they are the only ones who truly seek god in their study of the laws god has written in nature. their devotion requires no faith, no obedience, no humiliation, no self delusion...only an honest seeking. everything contrary to your own demented religion.
  10. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 01:37
    Scientists generally speaking seek to avoid any notion of God and they marginalize anyone who asserts the existence of a Creator.

Read the forward to a wonderful book, "The Signature in the Cell" by physicist Stephen Meyer, who enjoyed lucrative, amicable membership in the scientific community until he dared come out with the idea of intelligent design. Immediately the entire community turned against him and ran him out on a rail.

Your statement that scientists are the only priests of God because they seek God, is the exact opposite of what's really going on. Check your facts.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 01:39
    it must bug you that scientists are the only true priests of god since they are the only ones who truly seek god in their study of the laws god has written in nature. their devotion requires no faith, no obedience, no humiliation, no self delusion...only an honest seeking. everything contrary to your own demented religion.
    This is precisely why a "scientific mind" would be the best to become a spiritual adept.

"...only an honest seeking." This is where all adepts have to get to if they want to start their (spiritual) progress😉
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 01:431 edit
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Read the forward to a wonderful book, "The Signature in the Cell" by physicist Stephen Meyer, who enjoyed lucrative, amicable membership in the scientific community until he dared come out with the idea of intelligent design. .
    Are you saying that publishing "The Signature in the Cell" was not lucrative for Stephen Meyer?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 02:00
    True scientist must believe in God to understand His laws.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 02:39
    True scientist must believe in God to understand His laws.
    Can you define "True Scientist", "understand" and "His laws" so that maybe your statement makes some sense?
  15. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    26 Nov '11 03:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you saying that publishing "The Signature in the Cell" was not lucrative for Stephen Meyer?
    No. The success or failure of the book is completely irrelevant.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree