The adversary is within

The adversary is within

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
It's no secret. Jesus spoke plainly about it.
Well that’s not true is it, as most of the truly heinous doctrine is interpreted from Revelation.

Besides, are you suggesting that the billions of non Christians who have lived and died, who are alive today and who will be alive in the generations to come are supposed to take a couple of verses from an ancient manuscript as being fair and reasonable warning of them being burnt alive for eternity?

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 22

@fmf said
When people like moonbus and I interact with people like you, we are talking about the ideology you espouse which you attribute to a supernatural being referred to as God. If "mistakes" are pointed out, it is in the moral logic of your ideology and not the shortcomings of an actual being.
Bullseye. TU from me, fmf.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@fmf said
When people like moonbus and I interact with people like you, we are talking about the ideology you espouse which you attribute to a supernatural being referred to as God. If "mistakes" are pointed out, it is in the moral logic of your ideology and not the shortcomings of an actual being.
Your arguments aren't against the "moral logic" of an ideology. They are against nature.

Your arguments are fundamentally flawed in that you're in denial of what's in front of your face every day. It's your choice to deny God's existence based on the false premise of the excuse of denying the evidence of creation.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
You're an adult aren't you? Think like one!
You're acting as though you know God makes mistakes. It's what your argument is predicated on. You think you know better than God what's good for you.
So here you are accusing another person of intellectual immaturity based solely on your own personal notion that your version god cannot make mistakes, and therefore everything in the bible, which is where you get your information is true based on your interpretation or how it’s been taught you, and therefore your argument in here is correct.

Have you any idea of how stupid you sound?

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said
Did you teach your children to deny God His rightful place in their lives?

Everyone does whatever they want including denying the existence of their maker. It's a choice in the face of the clear and present evidence of a creator.

Your kids are no better than mine or any one else's. Even the most ethical and moral people are flawed.
I did not tell my children to believe in God or not to believe in God. I teach my children to make informed choices, and how to assess evidence and logical arguments. I teach them to examine evidence and to question those who claim to know based on flimsy evidence and faulty arguments. It's up to them whether they believe in this or that divinity, none at all, or remain undecided.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Well that’s not true is it, as most of the truly heinous doctrine is interpreted from Revelation.

Besides, are you suggesting that the billions of non Christians who have lived and died, who are alive today and who will be alive in the generations to come are supposed to take a couple of verses from an ancient manuscript as being fair and reasonable warning of them being burnt alive for eternity?
It's what scriptures teach front to back.

You're in denial of the inerrancy, veracity and immutability of scripture.

F

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
Your arguments are fundamentally flawed in that you're in denial of what's in front of your face every day. It's your choice to deny God's existence based on the false premise of the excuse of denying the evidence of creation.
"The evidence of creation", as you put it, and such that it is, does not turn the existence of the Abrahamic God that you just so happen to worship into an objective truth that's "in front of [my] face every day". It's merely a God figure that you have faith in.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said
It's what scriptures teach front to back.

You're in denial of the inerrancy, veracity and immutability of scripture.
No it isn’t, the bible is not filled front to back with judgment, hell and eternal suffering. Just as well really!

I’m not in denial of anything other than your horrible beliefs about the Christian God.

I’m still waiting for you or any other Christian here to come up with a coherent argument as to what evidence you have for the bible, this collection of ancient manuscripts to be the complete, truth, inerrant and indeed literal.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@moonbus said
It's not just that God knew of the snake; God put it there, knowing what the consequences would be. All of them. So why didn't God just forgive Adam? Why all the rigamarole? I mean, it doesn't make any sense as an explanation of what actually happened. It makes sense only as allegory, as a moral imperative or something like a moral imperative (e.g., "submit" ).
This is the reason why I always say that there is a lot of stuff going on in the universe out there that we do not know of. ... worlds, other creations, people, beings. by the millions and millions and we here on Earth are just a tiny drop in the ocean of life and all the drama out there affects us. This being if he does exist started a rebellion against God and left with some of the angels and has been interfering with Gods creations all over the universe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@fmf said
"There is no being called "Satan".

No being is leading a "rebellion" and there are no "willing accomplices" etc.

It's all metaphor wrapped up in a gruesome fairytale intended for superstitious minds.

None of that.

The adversary is within."

Thoughts?
Why is your OP in quotation marks?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22
8 edits

@Rajk999

Sounds like church nonsense. The bible says [/quoter]

Sounds like your knee-jerk - thumbs down - disagree immediately always with Christians.

[quote]

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.(James 4:7-8 KJV)

I wrote absolutely NOTHING contrary to James 4:7-8.
So where is the "church nonsense?"

There is no attack.

You compulsively disagree with your typical cynical nonsense.
There is ATTACK as described for a prowling and hungry lion.

"Be sober; watch. Your advasary, the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking someone to devour." (1 Pet. 5:8)

Can't you see old Rajk999 out on the African savannah with hungry lions walking creeping near to him saying Oh. don't worry about these lions. There is no attack to be feared."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22
1 edit

People choose what they want.

People choosing what they want does not mean there is no attack of the devil.
People can choose and be driven OVEREBOARD to an extreme that they didn't expect because -

"the devil, as a roaring lion, walks abot, seeking someone to DEVOUR."

I think you should use your MOUTH more in reading the Holy Bible so that it gets IN more.

There are two types of people
- Some like a life of sin and evil and that is what they will have and will reap corruption, as clearly stated in other parts of the bible

Go back and tell the truth to your readers. Satan can attack.

- Others prefer to live in righteousness and godliness and God knows these people are and God draws near to them.

Calling on the name of the Lord Jesus from sincere heart is one way to assure the Devil will flee from you. The name ofthe Lrod is a strong tower. The righteous man suns into it and is safe. Proverbs 18:10

Instead of YOU attacking "church nonsense" why don't you learn and speak the truth ?

We who have received Christ do not need to FEAR the devil's attack because Christ has conquered him. And -

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (KJV 1 John 4:4)

READ IT ALOUD why don't you?

First people make their decision as to how they will live, and then God helps them.

Realizing the existence and attack of the devil is not VERSES making decisions to live unto God through Godf's helping grace. No false dichotomy here.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22
1 edit

@sonship said
@Rajk999

[quote] Sounds like church nonsense. The bible says [/quoter]

Sounds like your knee-jerk - thumbs down - disagree immediately always with Christians.

[quote]

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double mi ...[text shortened]... g near to him saying Oh. don't worry about these lions. There is no attack to be feared."
Church Baloney.

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.(James 1:14-15 KJV)

The desire to sin is in every man, INCLUDNG CHRISTIAN SAINTS. There is no devil going around tempting anybody. People are tempted when they are drawn away of their OWN LUST.

The reason why churches now focus on the devil is that they want an excuse for their sin and want to transfer responsibility for their sin on to the devil. But the bible is clear, people face the full responsibility for their sin, and that includes Chrsitain Saints.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22
3 edits

@Rajk999

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.(James 1:14-15 KJV)

All the more reason to realize who and what the enemy of God and man is.

The desire to sin is in every man, INCLUDNG CHRISTIAN SAINTS. There is no devil going around tempting anybody. People are tempted when they are drawn away of their OWN LUST.

The reason why churches now focus on the devil is that they want an excuse for their sin and want to transfer responsibility for their sin on to the devil. But the bible is clear, people face the full responsibility for their sin, and that includes Chrsitain Saints.

American comedian Flip Wilson is long gone from the pop scene with his - "The Devil made me do that" jokes. You're way behind the times.

You accusation is 90% FALSE.

And even if it WERE true, which it is not, it still is -

AND all the more reason to realize that Christ has overcome him and we need to
be in Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@divegeester said

TOLOF

😂