The adversary is within

The adversary is within

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@fmf said
"The evidence of creation", as you put it, and such that it is, does not turn the existence of the Abrahamic God that you just so happen to worship into an objective truth that's "in front of [my] face every day". It's merely a God figure that you have faith in.
When did the argument for the existence of the Abrahamic God start?

We're arguing/debating about the existence of a creator. I point to that which exists as evidence for a creator, but you have nothing to point at to support your argument that God doesn't exist, or even that what exists supports your claim of ignorance of God's existence.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@sonship said
@Rajk999

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.(James 1:14-15 KJV)

All the more reason to realize who and what the enemy of God and man is.

[quote]
The desire to sin is in every man, INCLUDNG CHRISTIA ...[text shortened]... AND all the more reason to realize that Christ has overcome him and we need to
be in Christ.
The enemy of God is the evil that is within man.
Hence all evil men will be destroyed in the end.
Evil men are the ones who do not keep the commandments

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. (Revelation 22:14-15 KJV)

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22
1 edit

@divegeester said
So here you are accusing another person of intellectual immaturity based solely on your own personal notion that your version god cannot make mistakes, and therefore everything in the bible, which is where you get your information is true based on your interpretation or how it’s been taught you, and therefore your argument in here is correct.

Have you any idea of how stupid you sound?
BS

Since you're so smart why don't you give "your own personal notion" that your version of god does make mistakes.

Don't you realize how stupid you sound placing your own personal intellectual prowess above that of God's?

Are you so stupid as to think God hasn't given man a clear and precise body of information that informs him of His will?

Do you have any idea how derelict you sound?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@divegeester said
No it isn’t, the bible is not filled front to back with judgment, hell and eternal suffering.
I didn't say that, but you need to infer I did to support your inferior and irrational personal opinions.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I’m not in denial of anything other than your horrible beliefs about the Christian God.
You're absolutely in denial of what the scriptures teach on a whole host of matters.

Hell, and everlasting punishment.
The Godhead.
The inerrancy of scripture.

And God only knows how much else.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I’m still waiting for you or any other Christian here to come up with a coherent argument as to what evidence you have for the bible, this collection of ancient manuscripts to be the complete, truth, inerrant and indeed literal.
Been there, done that, and you even refused to look at the evidence.

The mere fact of your denial of the veracity of the scriptures alone is evidence for your own incoherency.

When you left behind the scriptures you opened yourself up to error.

F

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
When did the argument for the existence of the Abrahamic God start?

We're arguing/debating about the existence of a creator. I point to that which exists as evidence for a creator, but you have nothing to point at to support your argument that God doesn't exist, or even that what exists supports your claim of ignorance of God's existence.
This is a post by you m based on you having not - or you are pretending to have not - read the post you are replying to.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@moonbus said
I did not tell my children to believe in God or not to believe in God. I teach my children to make informed choices, and how to assess evidence and logical arguments. I teach them to examine evidence and to question those who claim to know based on flimsy evidence and faulty arguments. It's up to them whether they believe in this or that divinity, none at all, or remain undecided.
Look moonbus, I'm not questioning your parenting skills or your love for your children.

I was only trying to make a point.

We as parents do our best to teach our children to be questioning and examining evidence for everything. It's the right thing to do. We endeavor to equip our children with the skills to make informed decisions. Ultimately, as adults, they are accountable.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@fmf said
This is a post by you m based on you having not - or you are pretending to have not - read the post you are replying to.
Lost the thread did you?

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Church Baloney.

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.(James 1:14-15 KJV)

The desire to sin is in every man, INCLUDNG CHRISTIAN SAINTS. There is no devil going around tempting anybody. People are tempted when they are d ...[text shortened]... ble is clear, people face the full responsibility for their sin, and that includes Chrsitain Saints.
This very much focuses on the enemy within, we struggle against our own temptations and often project them onto an external being, personified as "Satan" or "temptress" or whatever.

Buddhist thought would generally concur, that we struggle only against ourselves, and that suffering comes from trying to change something in the world upon which we erroneously project the cause of our suffering.

Translated into the Judeo-Christian myth recounted in Genesis: mankind suffers not because some guy literally ate an apple 6,000 years ago --after all, it makes no sense that Adam's one sinful act could be transferred to his progeny. Rather, mankind suffers because there is a continuing temptation against which we struggle in vain. And that temptation is: doing what you want.

As for whether there are sentient beings on other worlds, I don't think that matters. Not until first contact, that is.

F

Moves
14 Feb 22

@josephw said
Lost the thread did you?
Not at all. Here it is again. "The evidence of creation", as you put it, and such that it is, does not turn the existence of the Abrahamic God that you just so happen to worship into an objective truth that's "in front of [my] face every day". It's merely a God figure that you have faith in.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
14 Feb 22

@fmf said
Not at all. Here it is again. "The evidence of creation", as you put it, and such that it is, does not turn the existence of the Abrahamic God that you just so happen to worship into an objective truth that's "in front of [my] face every day". It's merely a God figure that you have faith in.
🙉 lalalalala I can't hear you!

🤣

Über-Nerd

Moves
14 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said
Look moonbus, I'm not questioning your parenting skills or your love for your children.

I was only trying to make a point.

We as parents do our best to teach our children to be questioning and examining evidence for everything. It's the right thing to do. We endeavor to equip our children with the skills to make informed decisions. Ultimately, as adults, they are accountable.
So why did a loving Father banish his children from paradise because one of them disobeyed once? And why did that loving Father allow a serpent into paradise in the first place? It makes no sense. Not as literal history, anyway. It might make some sort of sense as an allegory. But then, of course, so do Grimm's Fairy Tales--which is the jumping off point for the OP.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Feb 22

@moonbus said
This very much focuses on the enemy within, we struggle against our own temptations and often project them onto an external being, personified as "Satan" or "temptress" or whatever.
This is what people do, yes and in part it is encouraged by the biblical Satan, which I think is simply sin personified. But whether a physical being or not, in the end all people have to account for, or pay for or suffer for, their sin. nobody, not even Christians escape that. They in particular have developed a doctrine where sin is not part of their responsibility at all, as it is all placed on the shoulders of Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
This is what people do, yes and in part it is encouraged by the biblical Satan, which I think is simply sin personified. But whether a physical being or not, in the end all people have to account for, or pay for or suffer for, their sin. nobody, not even Christians escape that. They in particular have developed a doctrine where sin is not part of their responsibility at all, as it is all placed on the shoulders of Christ.
Wow. You totally don’t get the New Testament or the New Covenant.

What was the purpose of Jesus Christ’s sacrifice on the cross?