1. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 May '12 12:48
    Originally posted by menace71
    Obvious one would be red shifted or severely red shifted luminous objects out in space.
    Yes one gets red shifting (which we do, because space is stretching).
    However, any cosmology that suggests that all the stars / galaxies etc were in a much smaller space then the space was stretched out, forget the fact that all the stars galaxies etc simply could not fit into that tiny little space.

But worse, our understanding of the actual distance to other galaxies is based on a number of factors all of which would be affected if space was stretched after the light left the objects.
  2. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 May '12 13:51
    Originally posted by menace71
    So where was this light coming from RJ? Do you see why people get upset? Did the light come from God himself? Light emanates from something.......It has too

Manny
    So where was this light coming from RJ? Do you see why people get upset? Did the light come from God himself? Light emanates from something.......It has too

I am answering this for myself. I don't know what RJH would write.

In the Hebrew the word translated "light" in verse 3 - "Let there be light" is not the same as is used on the Fourth Day.

The Recovery Versuibn translates verse14 -"Let there be light-bearers in the expanse of heaven to seprate the day from the night ... and let them be light-bearers in the expanse of heaven (v.15) ... And God made two great light-bearers, the greater light-bearer to rule the day and the lesser light-bearer to rule the night, and the stars. (v.16)

The second term, translated about "light-bearers" is a receptecle of light. Or it is a more localized light source that can be definitely seen. The former is a general diffuse light whose source is ambiguous.

What the seer could have seen was a general diffuse light at first. Then the making of a more definite light source in the sun, moon, and stars.

At present, my opinion is that the seer saw light first on the day God said "Let there be light" - The first day (v.3). Perhaps this was like standing on the surface of Venus under thick clouds but seeing a generalized light diffuse everywhere.

Then on Day # 4 the seer in his vision saw the making of more definite sources of light - sun, moon, stars.

It could be that as he saw it, the clearing of the firmament caused the light-bearers to be made, ie. appear in a definite way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree