the age of the universe

the age of the universe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by menace71
Right time and space are like a fabric I understand so what if God just stretched and warped space to give distance? The speed of light need not change. Someone else has suggested this I think.

Manny
This could be my layman's understanding of physics getting in the way, but I've never heard of this concept of 'stretched' space-time. Sure, the presence of mass 'warps' space-time [e.g., planets] but to think that space-time could just be stretched straight out without any mass is unprecedented, right?

Even if you COULD stretch out space-time, I'm not seeing how it helps. The goal is to reduce the value of T, yes? But Speed is just Distance over Time. Speed of light is a constant (c), and stretching increases D. T must increase proportionally to satisfy the equation. But that's exactly what you're trying to avoid. Maybe you can help me out with this one. 🙂

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Apr 12
1 edit

I am a believer in God but we have consider some issues such as "The light travel time problem" I don't think that light traveled at a higher speed in the past it's not the best argument. This would be deception I think. However I do allow that God being supernatural could have created the universe anyway He desired but I can't accept a deceptive creator so there has to be another answer.

Manny
The Holy Bible said God spread out the heavens. (Job 9:8)
God says nothing about the speed of light, did He?
Light was created before the sun, moon, and stars.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

P.S. It seems that the heavens are still spreading out if some astronomers are right.

j

Moves
30 Apr 12
3 edits

Originally posted by finnegan
The Biblical account was demolished with Lyell's Geology early in the Nineteenth Century and long before anything resembling the Big Bang Theory was conceived.
The Biblical account was demolished with Lyell's Geology early in the Nineteenth Century and long before anything resembling the Big Bang Theory was conceived.

That may depend upon whose interepretation of "the Biblical account" you mean. I can prove that Hebrew readers of the book of Genesis, in its original language, understood possible eons of geological time before man appeared on the earth.

I can prove that these understandings were made during the end of the second century AD and the beginning third century AD. They understood Genesis to read that way in its original language. And they had no reason to accomodate their theology to latter geological or evolutionary theories of the 19th century.

p

Moves
30 Apr 12

so light existed before the stars......what was making the light?.....is it still making light out there in the universe?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 12

Originally posted by pete3246
so light existed before the stars......what was making the light?.....is it still making light out there in the universe?
God made the light.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:1-5 NKJV

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Apr 12

Originally posted by pete3246
Yeah sure. There is the , soon to be discovered, "white hole" that apparently gives of a bit of light alright

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yeah sure. There is the , soon to be discovered, "white hole" that apparently gives of a bit of light alright
http://www.play-hookey.com/optics/light_as_particle.html

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 May 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
God made the light.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from t ...[text shortened]... rkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Genesis 1:1-5 NKJV
So where was this light coming from RJ? Do you see why people get upset? Did the light come from God himself? Light emanates from something.......It has too

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 May 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
This could be my layman's understanding of physics getting in the way, but I've never heard of this concept of 'stretched' space-time. Sure, the presence of mass 'warps' space-time [e.g., planets] but to think that space-time could just be stretched straight out without any mass is unprecedented, right?

Even if you COULD stretch out space-time, I'm no ...[text shortened]... that's exactly what you're trying to avoid. Maybe you can help me out with this one. 🙂
I think it's like the principle of "Time Warping" Space/Time is like a fabric and if you have 2 points that are apart from each other you can just warp space to bring the two points closer together. like waves a valley and peak. Just jumping from peak to peak.
The opposite would be to just pull the peaks apart. LOL 🙂 So I guess the question should be what effect should we see out in the heavens if space were stretched out during or after Creation/Big bang? Obvious one would be red shifted or severely red shifted luminous objects out in space. Speed of "C" I don't think would increase or no violation of "C" would occur if you pulled together or stretched apart Space.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 May 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Actually karoly just as Einstein's work predicted black holes as a possibility so white holes are also a possibility though I don't think they've been observed yet but we can't directly see a black hole either but the effects are very visible.

Manny

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
01 May 12

I think it's like the principle of "Time Warping" Space/Time is like a fabric and if you have 2 points that are apart from each other you can just warp space to bring the two points closer together. like waves a valley and peak. Just jumping from peak to peak.
The opposite would be to just pull the peaks apart. LOL 🙂 So I guess the question should b ...[text shortened]... ease or no violation of "C" would occur if you pulled together or stretched apart Space.
Heh, check out this site:

http://creation.com/new-time-dilation-helps-creation-cosmology

Woohoo! You can have your cake and eat it too! The earth is 6000 years old AND the Universe is 35 Billion years old! [Wait - WTF - everyone else says ~14 billion?! A creationist is saying it's over twice as old???]

This guy is a crackpot. 😀

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 May 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Heh, check out this site:

http://creation.com/new-time-dilation-helps-creation-cosmology

Woohoo! You can have your cake and eat it too! The earth is 6000 years old AND the Universe is 35 Billion years old! [Wait - WTF - everyone else says ~14 billion?! A creationist is saying it's over twice as old???]

This guy is a crackpot. 😀
LOL 😉

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 May 12
1 edit

So where was this light coming from RJ? Do you see why people get upset? Did the light come from God himself? Light emanates from something.......It has too

Manny
Yes, the light comes from God. Habakkuk 3:4 says,

His brightness was like the light;
He had rays flashing from His hand,
And there His power was hidden.

The holy Bible says, God created the Light and He created sources of light, like the Sun, moon, stars, burning fire from oil, wood, etc. Today we even have light from electricity. It comes from energy sources. God is the ultimate energy source. HalleluYah !!!

P.S. Paul says, "And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming." (2 Thessalonians 2:8 )

Z

Moves
02 May 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes, the light comes from God. Habakkuk 3:4 says,

His brightness was like the light;
He had rays flashing from His hand,
And there His power was hidden.

The holy Bible says, God created the Light and He created sources of light, like the Sun, moon, stars, burning fire from oil, wood, etc. Today we even have light from electricity. It comes from en ...[text shortened]... the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming." (2 Thessalonians 2:8 )
aaa, so god shined light by himself (even though nobody needed it- no plants invented yet) and he gave light to the whole universe until he created the stars to give light.

it was kind of like a construction worker forgets his flashlight and rather than create one(because he is god) he turns himself into a flashlight in order to see ... how to create flashlights? but he created the earth without a flashlight and it was darkness. so in the middle of the creation job, he decides its too dark and makes a temporary light source out of him?

god is laughing at you.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 May 12

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
aaa, so god shined light by himself (even though nobody needed it- no plants invented yet) and he gave light to the whole universe until he created the stars to give light.

it was kind of like a construction worker forgets his flashlight and rather than create one(because he is god) he turns himself into a flashlight in order to see ... how to create fl ...[text shortened]... ecides its too dark and makes a temporary light source out of him?

god is laughing at you.
It's in the Book! HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏