1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 14:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    .... i have learned nothing from you....
    Can you name one single spiritual thing you have learned (i.e. added to your belief system) from anyone in this forum?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 14:593 edits
    ... if I wanted an uninterrupted flow of caustic diatribe, sensationalistic claims on the basis of fabricated opinions, I'd buy the Daily Mail, but thanks anyway.
    Coming the captian of the forum ad hominem, who attends a religious orgainisation that forbids blood transfusions to save lives, shuns any friend or family member who leaves their church, believes that that an angel is one of their two gods, and yet believes they are the sole holders of truth on earth, I'd say your comment is pretty laughable.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 16:384 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Can you name one single spiritual thing you have learned (i.e. added to your belief system) from anyone in this forum?
    yes,

I have learned that to practice Zen one does not of necessity need a teacher, I was under the impression that one did.

I have learned that once saved always saved is Calvinistic in origin, i was unaware of this and would not have researched it if it was nor for this forum.

I have leaned what dualism is mostly from reading visteds posts where although he does not state it explicitly it, the ideas are there.

I have learned from black beetle the value of evaluation with ones own mind, from Rank Outsider the need for empirical evidence, from Proper Knob some arguments proffered by evolutionists that I had not heard, why for example can micro evolution not change the whole over a prolonged but unspecified duration of time, from Stellpalfie that one cannot be dogmatic and there may always be an exception and many other things besides, mostly relating to my own ideas that I found difficult to prove.

From you I have learned that you don't like the organization of Jehovahs witnesses, thanks.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 19:03
    yes,

I have learned that to practice Zen one does not of necessity need a teacher, I was under the impression that one did.

I have learned that once saved always saved is Calvinistic in origin, i was unaware of this and would not have researched it if it was nor for this forum.

I have leaned what dualism is mostly from reading visteds posts ...[text shortened]... .

From you I have learned that you don't like the organization of Jehovahs witnesses, thanks.
    So all the spiritual learning you have gained is form your atheists buddies. Classic stuff, you couldn't make it up.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '14 22:10
    So all the spiritual learning you have gained is form your atheists buddies. Classic stuff, you couldn't make it up.
    They are human, men like you or I and considering what I have learned from you I think it pretty much says it all.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 02:59
    I would just like to point out to the reader the scurrilous and underhanded tactics employed by trinitarians,

First we have a blatant interpolation not found in any of the earliest manuscripts, King James version and New King James version as proffered by Hinds and advocated by Suzzianne on the basis that we were too dumb to notice.

Secondly w ...[text shortened]... written about in this scroll.

Now if you are willing to repent I will hear your confessions.
    I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, saying, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last,” and, “What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea.”

Revelation 1:10-11 NKJV)

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore."

(Revelation 1:17-18 NKJV)

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, ‘These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

(Revelation 2:8 NKJV)

Notice that the one saying He is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last tells John to write these things in a book and sent it the the seven churches in Asia, one of which is Smyrna. He also said He was dead and came to life. If this Alpha and Omega is Jehovah, when did Jehovah die and come back to life?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 06:131 edit
    They are human, men like you or I and considering what I have learned from you I think it pretty much says it all.
    Sure, one of the main reasons I post here is to engage with the atheists and although I learn stuff from them it's certainly not spiritual.

I remain open to spiritual matters from other people whereas you are completely closed, being as how you are only allowed to to learn from your governing body. Isn't that correct?
  8. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 06:53
    I don't read most of what you post these days.
    this is the gist of it

YouTube
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 16:111 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    this is the gist of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAiCuF5jaIU
    The JWs and the Muslims have very similiar arguments against Jesus being God, with the exception that the Muslims believe the Bible has been distorted in some way and do not claim Jesus was once an angel, but just a man that became a prophet. They both seem to be influenced by the spirit of Anti-christ, with the JWs to a lesser degree.
  10. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 02:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The JWs and the Muslims have very similiar arguments against Jesus being God, with the exception that the Muslims believe the Bible has been distorted in some way and do not claim Jesus was once an angel, but just a man that became a prophet. They both seem to be influenced by the spirit of Anti-christ, with the JWs to a lesser degree.
    Yeah ok. and look what it says in the bible.

Revelation 22:18-19 "For I testify unto everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, if anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, and from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 08:021 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    Yeah ok. and look what it says in the bible.

Revelation 22:18-19 "For I testify unto everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book, if anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; And if anyone takes away from the words of this book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, and from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."
    JWs are taught how to defend their doctrines of demons.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree