1. England
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 14:15
    if today a man posed as the son of god, would the authorites arrest him in the dead of night? even if he walked talked in open.
    my own thoughts are they would as not to make a fuss
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 16:41
    Originally posted by stoker
    if today a man posed as the son of god, would the authorites arrest him in the dead of night? even if he walked talked in open.
    Plenty of spiritual leaders have been arrested in the past - some in the night some in the day. It is not really important that he claimed to be the son of God, or what else he might claim, but rather how big a following he had, and what sort of followers.
    I would think that in the US, they might be more careful about arresting say a radical Muslim than a conservative Christian, simply based on the possible backlash, but then it might go the other way as Christians tend to have more political impact.
  3. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 17:31
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Plenty of spiritual leaders have been arrested in the past - some in the night some in the day. It is not really important that he claimed to be the son of God, or what else he might claim, but rather how big a following he had, and what sort of followers.
    I would think that in the US, they might be more careful about arresting say a radical Muslim than ...[text shortened]... e backlash, but then it might go the other way as Christians tend to have more political impact.
    In fact there are oooodles of folks on the planet today, some locked up, many still at large, who insist they are the 'son of god'. Look up 'Messiah Complex'
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 18:112 edits
    Those who dare to shed light into the darkness, especially if that darkness is owned by the power that be, will undoubtedly become targets.
  5. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '10 22:07
    The location of the arrest is probably more important than the time of day of the arrest.
  6. England
    Moves
    28 Apr '10 09:52
    Originally posted by Badwater
    The location of the arrest is probably more important than the time of day of the arrest.
    location more important? i think if they aressted him in temple during the day people may have had a different responce.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '10 17:32
    Did they really arrest him because he said that he was the new messiah? I don't think so. They arrested anyone who opposed the Roman powers.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Moves
    30 Apr '10 19:07
    location more important? i think if they aressted him in temple during the day people may have had a different responce.
    As I read it, he was arrested because the Sanhedrin got hacked off with him spreading religious dissent, so they petitioned the Pilate to sort him out. Is that wrong then?
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    13 May '10 23:06
    My guess is that if one made that claim in the USA, authorities wouldn't bat an eyelash. Now, if you tried it in Saudi Arabia, Iran, or any of those other godless muslim nations, you'd be arrested---and worse.
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    14 May '10 01:241 edit
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    My guess is that if one made that claim in the USA, authorities wouldn't bat an eyelash. Now, if you tried it in Saudi Arabia, Iran, or any of those other godless muslim nations, you'd be arrested---and worse.
    Godless Muslim Nations!!! Wish to god you were right. Soaked in oil money beyond the wildest dreams of avarice, yet sunk in poverty and injustice, if ever Religion was the opium of the people it is here. What a bizarre outcome to the desire of America's President Wilson to create nation states where they did not belong.
  11. weedhopper
    Moves
    21 May '10 18:04
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Godless Muslim Nations!!! Wish to god you were right. Soaked in oil money beyond the wildest dreams of avarice, yet sunk in poverty and injustice, if ever Religion was the opium of the people it is here. What a bizarre outcome to the desire of America's President Wilson to create nation states where they did not belong.
    at least US injustice doesn't include blowing up innocent people and hacking off infidels heads. Those heinous acts are left to the truly godless.
  12. England
    Moves
    22 May '10 08:30
    at least US injustice doesn't include blowing up innocent people and hacking off infidels heads. Those heinous acts are left to the truly godless.
    do you not include the shooting of students by police as truly godless?
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Moves
    22 May '10 10:34
    You've got to find a different insult dude. A Muslim nation cannot by definition be godless, regardless of your opinion of their behaviour.
  14. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    22 May '10 13:54
    ?
    please look up into your nations history before you make outrageous bs and hatred claims. We get it, you don't like the bad apples in some the muslim bunches, but that does not give you any claim to outright lie about your country/religion and just make this the standard for muslims.
    The fact is, the U.S. is the leading terrorist nation, but that's for the debates forum, not like you would know anything. At least Arab injustice doesn't include the forgetting of their nations history, blowing up pharmaceutical companies and industries across shores to cripple economies and the well being of surrounding people all in the name of our own economic interests. These acts are left to the truly arrogant and ignorant "Godful."
    Your post is just outright disgusting.
  15. Joined
    18 May '09
    Moves
    23 May '10 11:171 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    they might be more careful about arresting say a radical Muslim than a conservative Christian, simply based on the possible backlash, but then it might go the other way as Christians tend to have more political impact.[/b]
    Not in some electoral constituencies in the UK, such as Tower Hamlets in London where Labour rigged the vote with the aid of an influx of imported muslims.