1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I dunno, you and proper knob seem quite real.
    do you accept the possibility that your god does not exist?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:031 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do you accept the possibility that your god does not exist?
    Do i accept the possibility? its possible, but unlikely.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:05
    I have told you that I have no way of knowing whether they exist or not and have formed no beliefs as to their existence or otherwise.
    I know you have no way of knowing whether they exist, you've stated that already, but that is now what I'm asking.

So let me get this straight, you're a 44 year old man who cannot say one way or the other whether you believe fairies exist or not? Implausible.

What about Santa Claus? Do you believe he exists?
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:07
    Do i accept the possibility? its possible, but unlikely.
    not bad, youve gone up (slightly) in my estimation. does this not cause you religious problems, i thought you had to believe 100%, as tiny as the percentage may be are you not questioning gods existence?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:07
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I know you have no way of knowing whether they exist, you've stated that already, but that is now what I'm asking.

So let me get this straight, you're a 44 year old man who cannot say one way or the other whether you believe fairies exist or not? Implausible.

What about Santa Claus? Do you believe he exists?
    I have formed no beliefs as to the existence or non existence of fairies, unicorns, santa clause, elfs or any other creatures regarded as mythical.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:121 edit
    not bad, youve gone up (slightly) in my estimation. does this not cause you religious problems, i thought you had to believe 100%, as tiny as the percentage may be are you not questioning gods existence?
    dude as the article points out, debates with regard to the existence or non existence of God are futile. If you are willing to keep your belief within the realms of a subjective belief then fine, if you are offering evidence to substantiate your belief then fine, as soon as you make a truth claim, without substantiating evidence, whether theist or atheist, you have gone beyond the realm of subjective belief and are bordering on arrogance, irrationality and non science.

It is not therefore a question of questioning Gods existence or non existence, its a question of what seems more plausible to us.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:13
    I have formed no beliefs as to the existence or non existence of fairies, unicorns, santa clause, elfs or any other creatures regarded as mythical.
    Sorry, I don't believe you.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:18
    Sorry, I don't believe you.
    are you claiming to know more about my beliefs than i do myself?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:20
    are you claiming to know more about my beliefs than i do myself?
    You've just claimed you have no beliefs in respect to what we've been discussing.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:221 edit
    You've just claimed you have no beliefs in respect to what we've been discussing.
    ok, then are you claiming to know more about my non beliefs than i do myself?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:281 edit
    okay, which parts do you agree with and which parts do you disagree with. you posted it, it must have some relevance to you.

I think it's robbies long-winded over-engeered way of calling atheists arrogant.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:32
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]okay, which parts do you agree with and which parts do you disagree with. you posted it, it must have some relevance to you.

I think it's robbies long-winded over-engeered way of calling atheists arrogant.[/b]
    robbie did not write the article, it makes a case against both theists and atheists.
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:35
    ok, then are you claiming to know more about my non beliefs than i do myself?
    I'm saying that i find it beyond the realms of fantasy, implausible in the extreme and an insult to mine, and every other sentient human being on this planets, intelligence. That you are claiming, at the age of 44, to have formed no beliefs, at all, with regard to fairies, goblins, unicorns, elfs, griffins, Santa Claus and any other mythical creature I can think of.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:39
    robbie did not write the article, it makes a case against both theists and atheists.
    I think the 2 core claims at the start of the article are wrong and poorly written

The theist arrogantly claims to know about the existence of God.
    2. The atheist arrogantly claims to know about the nonexistence of God.

Knowing about the existance of God is not the same as knowing God exists.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 May '13 13:39
    Why are you referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree