1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    03 Aug '17 22:45
    http://atheist-experience.com/

Click on the YouTube channel, short segments dealing with individual callers. I am impressed by the host especially, Matt is sharp.

I identify, as far as this subject is concerned and in order of importance to me, as secular, atheist, and pagan. I'd like to bring my pagan view to the radio show but frankly I'm intimidated.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 10:53
    Originally posted by @apathist

Click on the YouTube channel, short segments dealing with individual callers. I am impressed by the host especially, Matt is sharp.

I identify, as far as this subject is concerned and in order of importance to me, as secular, atheist, and pagan. I'd like to bring my pagan view to the radio show but frankly I'm intimidated.
    Why not? My wife is a shaman, pagan for sure and she would not hesitate to talk about it on a radio show or any other venue.

I myself am more in the atheist camp.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 11:13
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Why not? My wife is a shaman, pagan for sure and she would not hesitate to talk about it on a radio show or any other venue.

I feel that I know you a bit from your erudite posts, and now I see you must have some very interesting conversations at home.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 11:142 edits
    mormonism v hoodooism

YouTube
    YouTube&t=797s
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 11:28
    If your beliefs are pagan or animist then they aren't going to be much in the way of a package of elaborate rules and promised rewards, underpinned by a convoluted mythology, so there'd be relatively little for the atheists on the radio show to get their teeth into.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 11:301 edit
    value in the bible?

YouTube
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 11:37
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If your beliefs are pagan or animist then they aren't going to be much in the way of a package of elaborate rules and promised rewards, underpinned by a convoluted mythology, so there'd be relatively little for the atheists on the radio show to get their teeth into.
    You're right. Faith-belief based on prophet-revealed knowledge about creator gods, that is easy to debunk. Well, although shallow the field is very wide, so it is like whacking moles. Not exactly easy, just not very complicated.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 12:41

How can one be both atheist and pagan? That appears to be mutually contradictory to me.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 15:53
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    How can one be both atheist and pagan? That appears to be mutually contradictory to me.
    I asked him this a while ago and didn't receive a response.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 16:11
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I asked him this a while ago and didn't receive a response.
    I might start shunning you too soon. I reckon it could burnish my image here.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 19:50
    I might start shunning you too soon. I reckon it could burnish my image here.
    Is the shun signing?
  12. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 21:15
    Originally posted by @sonhouse

Does your wife dance around a camp fire half naked? Sounds like fun. Where's the camp?
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 21:18
    Paganism typically does not labor under a load of doctrine in need of intellectual underpinnings and proofs of gods' existence. It is typically straight-forward celebration of life's rhythms, the bounty of nature, solar and cosmic cycles (solstices, that sort of thing). Dancing in tune with Nature....
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '17 23:24
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    or atheist and Buddhist for that matter?
    Buddhism can be interpretted in a fairly atheistic light
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Aug '17 15:38
    Yes, belief in gods is optional for Buddhists.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree