03 Mar '06 20:35
    Immutability is next.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 21:39
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Immutability is next.
    Can't wait. After you finish fully specifying the properties of God, I vote that we next examine the properties of magical elves.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Mar '06 21:48
    Hey! Start your own thread! If it's not too much trouble, could you get said elves to furnish cookies and refreshments?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 07:45
    If it's not too much trouble, could you get said elves to furnish cookies and refreshments?
    Well, I suppose we could limit the discussion to elves of the Keebler variety.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 14:42
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Well, I suppose we could limit the discussion to elves of the Keebler variety.
    That way, we could at least eat and derive something worthwhile from the conversation.
  6. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 14:50
    Originally posted by dottewell
    I saw a documentary on this once. Apparently all you need is a DeLorean car, a flux capacitor and Christopher Lloyd.
    Don't forget the plutonium from Iran.

Now how ironic is that? 😛
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 14:52
    Originally posted by telerion
    Don't forget the plutonium from Iran.

Now how ironic is that? 😛
    Brokeback to the Future, notwithstanding, I'd rather get back to the topic at hand.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 14:55
    Bosse's suggestion notwithstanding...

If the universe were a plate, infinity begins at the edge of the plate. And, whatever is beyond said infinity, the One who holds the plate, created infinity, is beyond both.
    You write that infinity begins at the edge of the plate, but you use the idea to mean that infinity ends at the edge of the plate.

Infinity by definition cannot end.

Quite simply, infinite is not like the edge of a plate.
  9. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 14:57
    Brokeback to the Future, notwithstanding, I'd rather get back to the topic at hand.
    OK, then I'll step back from your cage and just appreciate your silly monkey antics.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 15:04
    OK, then I'll step back from your cage and just appreciate your silly monkey antics.
    Monkey antics? Funny you should use such a perjorative term, considering the entire thread has been a concise and disciplined presentation of the attributes of God. Theology not being your cup of tea, I understand your disparage of the same.
    However, it seems your efforts would be better served in pointing out the weakness of the presentation (or, better, in the gaps of logic in the ideas themselves), than debasing your position with ineffectual similes.
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 15:13
    Monkey antics? Funny you should use such a perjorative term, considering the entire thread has been a concise and disciplined presentation of the attributes of God. Theology not being your cup of tea, I understand your disparage of the same.
    However, it seems your efforts would be better served in pointing out the weakness of the presentation (or, bett ...[text shortened]... he gaps of logic in the ideas themselves), than debasing your position with ineffectual similes.
    Simple.

Theology is not disciplined in any sense.

You and your silly monkey contradictions. 🙄
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 15:40
    Simple.

Theology is not disciplined in any sense.

You and your silly monkey contradictions. 🙄
    Cute. Don't be a Godaphobe. Read the attributes of God and point out to all, the inconsistencies, the gaps in logic.
    Or, sit on the sidelines, throwing your fecal matter as the parade passes by.
  13. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 16:12
    However, it seems your efforts would be better served in pointing out the weakness of the presentation (or, bett ...[text shortened]... he gaps of logic in the ideas themselves), than debasing your position with ineffectual similes.
    You and I differ on the meaning of concise.

You sidestepped RWing's initial question. As your only source for the "attributes of god" is the bible and related exe/eisegesis from interested parties, doesn't this strike you as self-perpetuating mental masturbation? Why not bust out a copy of the Silmarillion and start in on Sauron?
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 17:011 edit
    Cute. Don't be a Godaphobe. Read the attributes of God and point out to all, the inconsistencies, the gaps in logic.
    Or, sit on the sidelines, throwing your fecal matter as the parade passes by.
    At least that would make me a chimp. You're a monkey.

Edit: Sadly, this sort of brutal honesty increases the quality of this thread.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Mar '06 17:11
    Originally posted by David C
    You and I differ on the meaning of concise.
    That's possible. When I typed concise, here are the words that were rummaging around in my wee mind:

"adj.
    Expressing much in few words; clear and succinct."

As I'm sure there are other, better definitions to which some may ascribe, I will defer to any corrections necessary.

doesn't this strike you as self-perpetuating mental masturbation?
    Whatever you do in the privacy of your own bedroom as you read these posts is entirely between you and your parents.

Why not bust out a copy of the Silmarillion and start in on Sauron?
    Probably a question of relevance, at least for me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree