1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 04:24
    Originally posted by telerion
    [b]In the late 70s, I had a number of books which dealt with this subject...

Have you actually read entire works by Fredriche Nietzsche or Karl Marx? The amount of liberty you must take in order to associate Marx with those killed by later Communist regimes and the even greater amount of liberty to link Nietzsche to Nazism is certainly generous eno ...[text shortened]... s. So the deaths from Jesus by your standards should total up near 30 million perhaps more.

[/b]
    So when Jesus teachs love your enemy, you equate everyone who
    kills using Jesus name as a murder/death because of Jesus just
    as someone following Hitler, killed on Hitler's orders? I believe it is
    simply a death/murder because of someones twisted power grab
    and using religion for their power grab, not a death/murder because
    of Jesus.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 04:25
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    Your statement is incorrect...

The # of people "killed by Christianity" is dwarfed by the killings resulting from the philosophies of Friedrich Nietze and Karl Marx by at least a factor of ten...

In the late 70s, I had a number of books which dealt with this subject... the most up to date research found that the # of deaths resulting in religious w ...[text shortened]... volunteers, for example, completely dwarfs anything done by entire Islamic Countries...

Do you have this book?
    "I believe today that my conduct is in accordance
    with the will of the Almighty Creator."
    [Adolph Hitler, _Mein Kampf_, pp. 46]
    "This human world of ours would be inconceivable without
    the practical existence of a religious belief."
    [Adolph Hitler, _Mein Kampf_, pp.152]
    "What we have to fight for...is the freedom and independence
    of the fatherland, so that our people may be enabled to fulfill
    the mission assigned to it by the Creator."
    [Adolph Hitler, _Mein Kampf_, pp. 125]
    "And the founder of Christianity made no secret indeed of his
    estimation of the Jewish people. When He found it necessary,
    He drove those enemies of the human race out of the Temple of God."
    [Adolph Hitler, _Mein Kampf_, pp.174]
    "It may be that today gold has become the exclusive ruler of life, but
    the time will come when man will again bow down before a higher god."
    [Adolph Hitler, "Mein Kampf" Vol. 2 Chapter 2]
    "Thus inwardly armed with confidence in God and the unshakable
    stupidity of the voting citizenry, the politicians can begin
    the fight for the 'remaking' of the Reich as they call it."
    [Adolph Hitler, "Mein Kampf" Vol. 2 Chapter 1]
    "The greatness of Christianity did not lie in attempted negotiations for
    compromise with any similar philosophical opinions in the ancient world, but
    in its inexorable fanaticism in preaching and fighting for its own doctrine."
    [Adolph Hitler, "Mein Kampf" Vol. 1 Chapter 12]

and a speech:
    My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.
    -Adolf Hitler, in his speech on 12 April 1922
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 04:28
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    no, when raised up on their childhood, he/she chooses whether they are athiest or non athiest based on the evidence they see in life. One isnt an athiest the instant their born.

Athiest means they dont believe there is a God, a newborn baby dont even know what a God is.
    According to Christians, eveyone is born a sinner, not born as an atheist
    Someone who has no idea what god is is an implicit atheist, as opposed to being an explicit atheist. They are without belief in god. That makes them an atheist. All infants are born atheists. Some remain so. But most are subsequently taught to believe as their parents do. If you had an infant that was to be truly raised by wolves it would remain without any concept of god as it grew up and would thus be an implicit atheist.
  4. Not Kansas
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 04:36
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Do you have this book?
    "I believe today that my conduct is in accordance
    with the will of the Almighty Creator."
    [Adolph Hitler, _Mein Kampf_, pp. 46]
    "This human world of ours would be inconceivable without
    the practical existence of a religious belief."
    [Adolph Hitler, _Mein Kampf_, pp.152]
    "What we have to fight for...is the freed ...[text shortened]... this poor people is plundered and exploited.
    -Adolf Hitler, in his speech on 12 April 1922
    Ironic isn't it?
    Jesus was a Jew.
    Mein Kampf is bull.
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 04:40
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Ironic isn't it?
    Jesus was a Jew.
    Mein Kampf is bull.
    and Hitler was a christian ..not a particully good one ,,but one nonetheless.

6. Not Kansas
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 04:44

Hiltler also spoke about (in Mein Kampf) "inferior races" destroying the work of "superior races" as in the barbarians destroying the Roman Empire, ignoring the fact that a lot of the barbarians were Germanic!
    Hitler wasn't so much a Christian, or a vegetarian, as a lunatic.
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 04:51
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    of Jesus.
    Kelly
    No. I'm saying that Nietzsche's philosophy and Marx's philosophy was each warped and abused by later people who commited atrocities in the same way that the words of Jesus were warped and abused by some later xtians to commit atrocities.

It's disingenious or more likely ignorant, as I doubt Bloop has actually read much if any of either philosopher, to connect these thinkers to the Nazi's or the Soviet communists.

8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 04:59
    Hiltler also spoke about (in Mein Kampf) "inferior races" destroying the work of "superior races" as in the barbarians destroying the Roman Empire, ignoring the fact that a lot of the barbarians were Germanic!
    Yes, from what I've read, he fused together a strange mix of Christianity and Volkism.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 05:01
    Originally posted by telerion
    No. I'm saying that Nietzsche's philosophy and Marx's philosophy was each warped and abused by later people who commited atrocities in the same way that the words of Jesus were warped and abused by some later xtians to commit atrocities.

It's disingenious or more likely ignorant, as I doubt Bloop has actually read much if any of either philosopher, to connect these thinkers to the Nazi's or the Soviet communists.

Some later "xtians" to commit atrocites? If they are not following
    Jesus but twisting his words you are still okay with calling them
    Christian? You may as well than lay blame on Jesus as you may
    as well blame Nietzsche and Marx for those twisting their words too.
    Kelly
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 05:10
    He was indeed a lunatic, but there's more to christian dogma than Christ's words. A lot of christain stuff not only didn't come from Christ but actually nullifies him in favor of the OT lunacies.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 05:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    of Jesus.
    Kelly
    something we actually agree on !

now, just apply that to the leaders of the israelites and you can see what's wrong with saying "all scripture is inspired by god" ,, or revealed or whatever else is used to justify wholesale slaughter of the canaanites.
  12. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 05:17

For Hitler to call himself a christian is strange, its even stranger that you would call him one
  13. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 05:18
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Someone who has no idea what god is is an implicit atheist, as opposed to being an explicit atheist. They are without belief in god. That makes them an atheist. All infants are born atheists. Some remain so. But most are subsequently taught to believe as their parents do. If you had an infant that was to be truly raised by wolves it would remain without any concept of god as it grew up and would thus be an implicit atheist.
    I stand corrected
  14. Not Kansas
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 05:20
    He was indeed a lunatic, but there's more to christian dogma than Christ's words. A lot of christain stuff not only didn't come from Christ but actually nullifies him in favor of the OT lunacies.
    I think I know what you are saying, the things that were written later after what Christ had said had been written down by people who actually might have been there during his life.
    I think it was the Skipper who started a thread on here that asked just how the book that the "Christians" call the Bible actually came to be written, when, and by who.
  15. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 05:23
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    For Hitler to call himself a christian is strange, its even stranger that you would call him one
    Why would I not call him what he said he was, there's lot of Nazi's that think they are Christians?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree