the bhudda is 'grass shoes'

the bhudda is 'grass shoes'

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Jul 09

Originally posted by daniel58
I don't think they should change just for the heck of it, I believe 2+2=4 because it's true not because 20 minutes from now it might not.
Your belief that his beliefs should not change is quite different from believing whether 2+2=4 or not. One can be shown logically and the other is your personal preference. You are free to express it but thankfully (at least in my country) he is free to ignore you.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Jul 09

That's self-contradiction, how could in both, yet not believe in anything?
Like I keep saying the universe is a paradox.(a self-contradiction)
And I say I dont believe in anything because I believe in everything so its just stupid to highlight one belief over another,(unless your making a point that relates to that belief)

I prefer to tell stories and then the listener can take away whatever insights they want. Telling stories is way better than preaching because it is not dogmatic and self-righteous. People have a chance of 'opening up' when they are not pressured into making their beliefs conform with others beliefs.

I suspect this life we are all partaking in is a prelude to a much greater and stranger life.
(That statement shouldn't be taken as gospel,it should be taken as a story)

d

Moves
26 Jul 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Like I keep saying the universe is a paradox.(a self-contradiction)
And I say I dont believe in anything because I believe in everything so its just stupid to highlight one belief over another,(unless your making a point that relates to that belief)

I prefer to tell stories and then the listener can take away whatever insights they want. Telling sto ...[text shortened]... stranger life.
(That statement shouldn't be taken as gospel,it should be taken as a story)
God made the Earth, God is not a paradox, therefore the Earth is not a paradox.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Jul 09

God made the Earth, God is not a paradox, therefore the Earth is not a paradox.
what about god/devil,ying/yang,proton/electron,etc.
God is the biggest paradox of them all.
We must approach this with great humility.
How is the universe not a paradox? (remember the earth is not flat, the sky is not blue)

d

Moves
27 Jul 09

what about god/devil,ying/yang,proton/electron,etc.
God is the biggest paradox of them all.
We must approach this with great humility.
How is the universe not a paradox? (remember the earth is not flat, the sky is not blue)
Paradox; a statement or proposition that, despite sound (or apparently sound) reasoning from acceptable premises, leads to a conclusion that seems senseless, logically unacceptable, or self-contradictory : a potentially serious conflict between quantum mechanics and the general theory of relativity known as the information paradox. See note at riddle .
• a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory statement or proposition that when investigated or explained may prove to be well founded or true : in a paradox, he has discovered that stepping back from his job has increased the rewards he gleans from it.
• a situation, person, or thing that combines contradictory features or qualities : an Arizona canyon where the mingling of deciduous trees with desertic elements of flora forms a fascinating ecological paradox. The sky is blue.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Jul 09

Paradox; a statement or proposition that, despite sound (or apparently sound) reasoning from acceptable premises, leads to a conclusion that seems senseless, logically unacceptable, or self-contradictory : a potentially serious conflict between quantum mechanics and the general theory of relativity known as the information paradox. See note at riddle .
• a ...[text shortened]... trees with desertic elements of flora forms a fascinating ecological paradox. The sky is blue.
The sky is not blue. it only appears that way. it is the 'face' of Maya.

d

Moves
28 Jul 09

The sky is not blue. it only appears that way. it is the 'face' of Maya.
Okay then, I'm glad rocket ships have gone through it then.

c

Moves
31 Jul 09

I am a Buddhist but I think stories like this are drivel and a waste of time and has little or nothing to do with Buddhism

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
31 Jul 09

Originally posted by clearlight
I am a Buddhist but I think stories like this are drivel and a waste of time and has little or nothing to do with Buddhism
When the old ones reached this very point they did not dare to remain there because that, it has no power on the Way. They just picked themselves up and they went straight into the thousand and ten thousand peaks😵

Any good news?
😵

rc

Moves
31 Jul 09

Okay then, I'm glad rocket ships have gone through it then.
oh Daniel it is the stuff of comic genius!

Moves
31 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
oh Daniel it is the stuff of comic genius!
Your standards are very low.

rc

Moves
31 Jul 09

Originally posted by TerrierJack
Your standards are very low.
Lol, whatever, i giggled and giggled and giggled until it almost hurt, heheheheheheh

c

Moves
31 Jul 09
1 edit

Hello Black Beetle. This is Erik - Graham's editor. No good news at the moment.

Moves
31 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Lol, whatever, i giggled and giggled and giggled until it almost hurt, heheheheheheh
There's a sportscaster in my town who is famous for very bad puns. I suspect the 2 of you could be amused for years on a desert island. Occasionally I even have that hope!

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
31 Jul 09

Originally posted by clearlight
Hello Black Beetle. This is Erik - Graham's editor. No good news at the moment.
Hi Erik;

It 's just because the material is advanced, out of the box and genuine. Maybe it 's necessary to have it at first circulated paper by paper at a scientific edition, and then bring it home as a whole. But one way or another the good news will soon evolve I reckon😵