the bible is immoral

the bible is immoral

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
20 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes to you, but that hardly means anything except within the context of your own mind, does it? The Bible tells us why they were judicially executed.

(Genesis 6:5-6) . . .Consequently Jehovah saw that the badness of man was abundant in the earth and every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time. And Jehovah felt regrets ...[text shortened]... all the details and circumstances trying to reconcile an act which appears to them to be cruel.
Perhaps Hitler was a really nice guy actually, and people who weren't there when he and his helpers killed all those jews, project on to him the image of pure badness without understanding all the circumstances. 😕

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Some were bad, everyone were killed (but eight of them). The killer was god. Therefore, a bastard.

Some JWers are bad, does that mean that every JWer is bad? No, of course not.
Again this betrays the folly of one having a partial understanding, if there was one righteous person God would not have put them to death, we know this from the Biblical account of Abraham and Sodom and Gomorrah. God does not arbitrarily put anyone to death unless they are deserving of it.

(Genesis 18:20-33) . . .Consequently Jehovah said: “The cry of complaint about Sodom and Gomorrah, yes, it is loud, and their sin, yes, it is very heavy.  

....Then Abraham approached and began to say: “Will you really sweep away the righteous with the wicked?  Suppose there are fifty righteous men in the midst of the city. Will you, then, sweep them away and not pardon the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are inside it?  It is unthinkable of you that you are acting in this manner to put to death the righteous man with the wicked one so that it has to occur with the righteous man as it does with the wicked! It is unthinkable of you. Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?”  Then Jehovah said: “If I shall find in Sodom fifty righteous men in the midst of the city I will pardon the whole place on their account.”  But Abraham went on to answer and say: “Please, here I have taken upon myself to speak to Jehovah, whereas I am dust and ashes.

Suppose the fifty righteous should be lacking five. Will you for the five bring the whole city to ruin?” To this he said: “I shall not bring it to ruin if I find there forty-five.”  But yet again he spoke further to him and said: “Suppose forty are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not do it on account of the forty.”  But he continued: “May Jehovah, please, not grow hot with anger, but let me go on speaking: Suppose thirty are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not do it if I find thirty there.”

But he continued on: “Please, here I have taken upon myself to speak to Jehovah: Suppose twenty are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not bring it to ruin on account of the twenty.”

Finally he said: “May Jehovah, please, not grow hot with anger, but let me speak just this once: Suppose ten are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not bring it to ruin on account of the ten.”  Then Jehovah went his way when he had finished speaking to Abraham, and Abraham returned to his place. . .

What do we see, a personality trait of a God who will pardon an entire city if there is even ten righteous persons who reside in it, despite their iniquity. The actions of a cruel and unreasoning God, hardly! God only acts when he has no choice and clearly the scriptures tell us that he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance making your claim not only unfounded but really quite inaccurate. Again those persons were beyond repentance, otherwise they would have lived!

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11

Originally posted by Agerg
Perhaps Hitler was a really nice guy actually, and people who weren't there when he and his helpers killed all those jews, project on to him the image of pure badness without understanding all the circumstances. 😕
Hitler was a human who acted upon human principles and who implemented human thinking, that of course being social Darwinism, of which you atheists are both want to forget and distance yourselves from, which is hardly surprising.

F

Moves
20 Jan 11
1 edit

Again this betrays the folly of one having a partial understanding, if there was one righteous person God would not have put them to death, we know this from the Biblical account of Abraham and Sodom and Gomorrah. God does not arbitrarily put anyone to death unless they are deserving of it.

(Genesis 18:20-33) . . .Consequently Jehovah said: “The ...[text shortened]... quite inaccurate. Again those persons were beyond repentance, otherwise they would have lived!
But he killed an entire world population (except eight) and you defend this murderer? Do you defend Hitler and Stalin and Pol Pot too? God (according to the bible) was worse than all these murderers put together!

The Christian god is a bastard!

Edit: And now I saw your words: "Hitler was a human who acted upon human principles and who implemented human thinking,". I just cannot believe it! Who are you JWers anyway?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
20 Jan 11
1 edit

Hitler was a human who acted upon human principles and who implemented human thinking, that of course being social Darwinism, of which you atheists are both want to forget and distance yourselves from, which is hardly surprising.
Ah yes...your god is a magic murderer so exempt from being a dick!...yeah right 😕

We atheists have nothing to feel guilty about.

Z

Moves
20 Jan 11

the only thing that is portraying God as an evil bastard is you. You cannot equate with the fact that God on the one hand treated David mercifully while his son was made to die. Does that make it a lie, nope, does that mean that God is cruel and vindictive as you have tried to assert, nope, for he treated David mercifully. Indeed illustrating my ...[text shortened]... thus you do what is ultimately very human, you look for someone to blame, in this instance God.
did he treated jericho mercifully? how about job?

i didn't say the bible portrays god as evil all the time. in fact, god isn't portrayed as evil at all, more like "god did this evil shaite, deal with it"

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11

But he killed an entire world population (except eight) and you defend this murderer? Do you defend Hitler and Stalin and Pol Pot too? God (according to the bible) was worse than all these murderers put together!

The Christian god is a bastard!
your post is deviod of any reasoning, please refrain from emotive posts, i dont like tabloid newspapers and this post of yours read like one, either post reason, or not at all. i have given you evidence that had they been redeemable, they would have been spared, perhaps you might like to comment upon that, rather than these emotional outbursts. And i always thought you swedes were rather staid.

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
did he treated jericho mercifully? how about job?

i didn't say the bible portrays god as evil all the time. in fact, god isn't portrayed as evil at all, more like "god did this evil shaite, deal with it"
I have already made my statements with regard to Jericho, the error was their own, they hardened themselves against the Israelites, i mean they were only camped on the other side of the Jordan for weeks, they could have sued for peace, as the Gibeonites had done and been spared, they could have retreated into the interior of Palestine, but nooo, they chose to fight and perished and now God is to blame for a stance they took, well well, child sacrifices cannot be tolerated , sorry.

Yes Job was treated entirely with mercy, perhaps you would like to point out where God acted unrighteously?

F

Moves
20 Jan 11

your post is deviod of any reasoning, please refrain from emotive posts, i dont like tabloid newspapers and this post of yours read like one, either post reason, or not at all. i have given you evidence that had they been redeemable, they would have been spared, perhaps you might like to comment upon that, rather than these emotional outbursts. And i always thought you swedes were rather staid.
You defend a murderous bastard and you expect me to understand you, to sympathize with you? Sorry, I have morals. I will never defend any murderer.

The christian god is a murderous bastard.

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11
3 edits

You defend a murderous bastard and you expect me to understand you, to sympathize with you? Sorry, I have morals. I will never defend any murderer.

The christian god is a murderous bastard.
i dont expect you to do anything but post something with reason instead of this emotional nonsense. Pull yourself together man! Simply repeating something doesn't make it so.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
20 Jan 11
1 edit

I have already made my statements with regard to Jericho, the error was their own, they hardened themselves against the Israelites, i mean they were only camped on the other side of the Jordan for weeks, they could have sued for peace, as the Gibeonites had done and been spared, they could have retreated into the interior of Palestine, but nooo, they ...[text shortened]... treated entirely with mercy, perhaps you would like to point out where God acted unrighteously?
Bah!...that's a fair challenge innit?? 😕 define god as the font of all morality then ask if it wasn't behaving in accordance with it's morals anywhere - - ding ding Robbie wins. 😞

Your god's morality is terrible, "righteous" is a completely vacuous word.

F

Moves
20 Jan 11

i dont expect you to anything but post something with reason instead of this emotive nonsense. Simply repeating something doesn't make it so.
If you don't get it the first time, then you make me repeat it until you understand how bizarre it is to worship such a bastard of a god.

You defend a murderer?! Do you defend Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and any other massmurderer too? Why not? Because of the said once was amateurs and your god is a proffessional murderer?

What a bastard... 😲

rc

Moves
20 Jan 11

Originally posted by Agerg
Bah!...that's a fair challenge innit?? 😕 define god as the font of all morality then ask if it wasn't behaving in accordance with it's morals - - ding ding Robbie wins. 😞

Your god's morality is terrible, "righteous" is a completely vacuous word.
Of course God always acts within the dictates of his own standards, to do anything else would simply be hypocrisy and we cannot have that.

Z

Moves
20 Jan 11

yes to you, but that hardly means anything except within the context of your own mind, does it? The Bible tells us why they were judicially executed.

(Genesis 6:5-6) . . .Consequently Jehovah saw that the badness of man was abundant in the earth and every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time. And Jehovah felt regrets ...[text shortened]... all the details and circumstances trying to reconcile an act which appears to them to be cruel.
"judicially executed"

even the children. even the dudes that were not so evil. including the women. and old people who thought about their evil ways and weren't quite proud. even the (vishva would be very upset about this) cows, who never hurt anyone in their lives, just quietley munching on grass. oh and the puppies and kittens. why god, why? why the puppies and the kittens?

"Consequently Jehovah saw that the badness of man was abundant in the earth and every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time. And Jehovah felt regrets that he had made men in the earth, and he felt hurt at his heart"
we are talking about a benevolent, omniscient and all powerfull god. a god who:
1. Didn't foresee this coming
2. didn't present himself or send a prophet to the hummies to tell them to stop acting like jerks
3. callously thought about wiping the humans off the face of the earth as if they were drawings of stick figures and not sentient beings

You know what else doesn't add up? your claim of them being evil. we are talking about a civilization able to use tools, to build big ass ships (even if with god's guidance). do you have any idea how hard it is to be evil and survive as a community? that the idea of being good is crucial to survival. not good all the time but good at least to your children. good to some of your neighbours so they would help you with your crops. also, to be evil, there should be someone to be evil to. therefore in the evil world as you say there were some victims who were bullied all the time. maybe they weren't that evil as to warrant death by drowning, mmkay?

we observe chimps today. their society does involve some degree of somewhat immoral stuff. but they also care for their young. they care for one another. they suffer if their loved ones die. so in conclusion, not that evil.
are you telling me that human society was more evil than a group of chimps?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
20 Jan 11
1 edit

Of course God always acts within the dictates of his own standards, to do anything else would simply be hypocrisy and we cannot have that.
Yep...if god is a murdering blood thirsty killer then that is how it must act.

Tautology of the week award goes to...*drum roll* ...

Robbie!