The Bible (Spoiler Alert!~)

The Bible (Spoiler Alert!~)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
25 Mar 10

Originally posted by LemonJello
Yes, let us all praise Zombie Jesus.
Now we know who ate the brains of most Christians.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
25 Mar 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I took your suggestion to emulate Musashi charging Ganryu with a broken oar, and the clerk at Penney's looked at me as though I was a total loon. Besides not being able to figure out where they kept their Ganryu, she said she couldn't even begin to slide a piece of wood through the card reader.

Feeling very Buddhist-y, I walked away... empty handed.
Musashi empty handed

was packing big time😵

n

Moves
25 Mar 10

And I do much like a feeding frenzy!

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by jaywill
Maybe you've been guzzling down so much Japanese Anima that you think everything is a death cult.
Perhaps you are right. Or perhaps the largest denomination of Christianity practices the ritualized eating and drinking of a symbolic stand-in for a 2000 year old zombie who was a blood sacrifice to a God.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by black beetle
Musashi empty handed

was packing big time😵
Dude, you always make me laugh--- even when I feel like throttling you, you always find a way. Gotta hand it to you.

j

Moves
26 Mar 10
1 edit

Originally posted by UzumakiAi
Perhaps you are right. Or perhaps the largest denomination of Christianity practices the ritualized eating and drinking of a symbolic stand-in for a 2000 year old zombie who was a blood sacrifice to a God.
You may look around to see what the "largest denomination" does. But some of us rather look into the word of God to get our understanding of God's will.

And you may call the Son of God a "zombie," Yet Jesus seems to have displayed far more real self control then anyone else in human history.

He controled death to the point that it could not hold him. As an unbeliever you are far more "zombied" by impulses you can't control than those of us who learning to live in the realm of the resurrected Christ.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
26 Mar 10

You may look around to see what the "largest denomination" does. But some of us rather look into the word of God to get our understanding of God's will.

And you may call the Son of God a "zombie," Yet Jesus seems to have displayed far more real [b]self control
then anyone else in human history.

He controled death to the point that it could not h ...[text shortened]... 't control than those of us who learning to live in the realm of the resurrected Christ.[/b]
Insightful. Well put.

Moves
26 Mar 10

And you may call the Son of God a "zombie," Yet Jesus seems to have displayed far more real [b]self control
then anyone else in human history.

He controled death to the point that it could not h ...[text shortened]... 't control than those of us who learning to live in the realm of the resurrected Christ.[/b]
You know my favorite two pieces of the New Testament? Jesus killing a fig tree because he was mad at it, and when he shunned his family because he wanted to seem all lovey-duvey with his disciples. Speaks of real strong self control and moral character.

But yeah, nothing you can say stops Jesus from being a zombie. And even if Christians mockingly weep for Jesus's misery, they still take haste to profit off of it.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
26 Mar 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Dude, you always make me laugh--- even when I feel like throttling you, you always find a way. Gotta hand it to you.
Whenever someone is blissfully happy my friend
me wanna dance😵

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
27 Mar 10

Originally posted by black beetle
Whenever someone is blissfully happy my friend
me wanna dance😵
Dance with me, BB...

For whatever reason:

"Dance when you're broken open.
Dance if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance when you're perfectly free."

~Rumi

ALA!!!

Hakima

j

Moves
27 Mar 10
1 edit

You know my favorite two pieces of the New Testament? Jesus killing a fig tree because he was mad at it, and when he shunned his family because he wanted to seem all lovey-duvey with his disciples. Speaks of real strong self control and moral character.

But yeah, nothing you can say stops Jesus from being a zombie. And even if Christians mockingly weep for Jesus's misery, they still take haste to profit off of it.
=====================================
You know my favorite two pieces of the New Testament?
=================================

I suspect it is whatever parts you can twist to convince yourself of your own self righteousness while condemning God.

Moves
28 Mar 10

[b]=====================================
You know my favorite two pieces of the New Testament?
=================================

I suspect it is whatever parts you can twist to convince yourself of your own self righteousness while condemning God.[/b]
You're quite right about that. A book should be judged on its weak points, not its best ones.

j

Moves
28 Mar 10
1 edit

You're quite right about that. A book should be judged on its weak points, not its best ones.
What you mentioned were not weak points. They were poor interpretations on your part.

The fig tree cursed symbolizes the nation of Israel which God disciplined after its rejection of Christ.

It has nothing to do with a private vendetta of Jesus against a tree.

j

Moves
28 Mar 10

=============================
============================

I am more impressed with that fact that as He died hanging on the cross He took the time in His agony to make provision for His mother. He instructed John to provide a home for her and and regard her as family.

This is tremendous control over one's emotions in time of excruciating agony.

So much for Jesus shuning His family.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
29 Mar 10

Originally posted by hakima
Dance with me, BB...

For whatever reason:

"Dance when you're broken open.
Dance if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of the fighting.
Dance in your blood.