1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '10 09:18
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]a work in progress is called imperfect?
    There is no "work in progress" in verse one. It is simply stated that He created the heavens and the earth, without reference to anything other... until, in the next verse, wherein the earth--- note: not the universe, just the earth--- becomes chaos, vacancy and darkness. You do go on about quite a b ...[text shortened]... r conclusions, themselves speculative and wholly unsupported by the rest of Scripture.[/b]
    did the creation ended in 1 day? no? then there is a work in progress.

becomes
    it wasn't finished. it doesn't becomes it already was like that. he only created the earth, not the plants or animals not nothing.

since we are told in other parts of Scripture what caused the same.
    is this the third post in which you threaten me with proof found elsewhere in the bible but refuse to actually provide it? could we maybe get a 4th? without proof, you're wasting my time, stop wasting my time.

Great response.
    when the problem is obvious, this answer is enough.

Unfortunately, your interpretation lacks both inner and outer support.
    or so you think. the fact that to this day exist black holes, supernovas happen, volcanos errupt is proof that when you say anything that god creates is perfect you are being full of air. the hot kind. perhaps you would like to point out that supernovas aren't chaotic but necessary and so are the volcanoes, in which case you are full of hot air when you claim that the 1st day earth wasn't perfect.

Moreover, you use nothing but your English translation by which to come to your conclusions,
    are you by any chance a hebrew scholar? if you are, what makes you more special than the hebrew scholars that gave me said translation? if not then please stop claiming knowledge you don't posess.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Mar '10 13:41
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

becomes
    it wasn't finished. it doesn't becomes it already was like that. he only created the earth, not the plants or animals not nothing.

since we are told in other parts of Scripture what caused the same.
    is this the third post in which you threaten me with proof fou ...[text shortened]... hat gave me said translation? if not then please stop claiming knowledge you don't posess.[/b]
    We haven't got to the first day yet, have we. The term which is transliterated 'she-became' is eithe. (You'll need to look it up on your own to see it in Hebrew, since I haven't figured out how to get Hebrew characters using our fonts to appear in this website.)

This word occurs 65 times in the Old Testament, and in every single instance it is used to convey the state of something. From one thing to another, or a condition over the passage of time. Strongs has it as "to exist, i.e., be or become, to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxillary)... "

A copula is a linking verb--- which is exactly what is required in your interpretation of this passage. Instead, the Hebrew makes an emphatic statement about the condition of the earth: it was in a certain and specific form and became a completely different form. In this case, from perfect to chaotic, vacancy and darkness.

is this the third post in which you threaten me with proof found elsewhere in the bible but refuse to actually provide it? could we maybe get a 4th? without proof, you're wasting my time, stop wasting my time.
    Have you ever heard of an elevated creature known formerly as Lucifer? As described in several passages of Scripture, he thought himself higher than God. Wanted to take His place on the Throne. Beautiful creature. Brilliant creature. Convincing creature. So convincing, he was able to persuade an alarming number of angels to join him in his quest to supplant God.

I am suggesting that his revolt is what caused this turmoil on the planet prior to the re-creation.

or so you think. the fact that to this day exist black holes, supernovas happen, volcanos errupt is proof that when you say anything that god creates is perfect you are being full of air. the hot kind. perhaps you would like to point out that supernovas aren't chaotic but necessary and so are the volcanoes, in which case you are full of hot air when you claim that the 1st day earth wasn't perfect.
    Not sure I follow you here.

are you by any chance a hebrew scholar? if you are, what makes you more special than the hebrew scholars that gave me said translation? if not then please stop claiming knowledge you don't posess.
    If, by 'scholar,' you mean student, then, yes, I am one of them thingies. My take on the topic might be wrong, but it isn't from lack of support. That my Hebrew exposure is more developed than yours should make you stop to at least consider these renderings is apparently easily dismissed by you, for reasons I'm certain make sense to you.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '10 18:18
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]did the creation ended in 1 day? no? then there is a work in progress.
    We haven't got to the first day yet, have we. The term which is transliterated 'she-became' is eithe. (You'll need to look it up on your own to see it in Hebrew, since I haven't figured out how to get Hebrew characters using our fonts to appear in this website.)

This ...[text shortened]... is apparently easily dismissed by you, for reasons I'm certain make sense to you.[/b]
    in the first paragraph you use a lot of big words without communicating anything. do you think it makes you look smart? no. it makes you look like a retard copying a book. on one word you base the whole insane idea that the rock from the first day that would be earth was first perfect then not so perfect in a single afternoon. lucifer never stood a chance if his rebelion was estinguished in just a day.

second paragraph: did you know that the term lucifer is actually the name of some babylonian king? and in some translations it doesn't even appear in the bible? fun fact. many assign lucifer to the big dog downstairs however the bible doesn't.

Not sure I follow you here.
    if i were to make books with what you don't follow the forests of the world would be gone.

If, by 'scholar,' you mean student, then, yes, I am one of them thingies. My take on the topic might be wrong, but it isn't from lack of support.
    awesome, you also payed money to be so utterly wrong.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Mar '10 04:19
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    in the first paragraph you use a lot of big words without communicating anything. do you think it makes you look smart? no. it makes you look like a retard copying a book. on one word you base the whole insane idea that the rock from the first day that would be earth was first perfect then not so perfect in a single afternoon. lucifer never stood a chance if h ...[text shortened]... it isn't from lack of support.[/b]
    awesome, you also payed money to be so utterly wrong.[/b]
    in the first paragraph you use a lot of big words without communicating anything.
    I used big words? Which of those (in your opinion) could be construed to be a "big word," exactly? And to think that I even went so far as to help explain what I considered to be the lesser known ones! So much for my unselfishness, eh!

do you think it makes you look smart?
    Oh, if it could only be!

no. it makes you look like a retard copying a book.
    On one hand you ask for support and then on the other, you slap me in the face. Now do you know why your mother hates you?

on one word you base the whole insane idea that the rock from the first day that would be earth was first perfect then not so perfect in a single afternoon.
    On one word, you say! Do you truly not understand principle? Is there no room in your thinking for doctrine? God creates--- to this day--- only perfection. When He created the heavens and the earth, it was perfect. When He creates the soul, it is perfect. Something came into the picture (here unnamed) and sullies His creation. Not one word, but several paint this picture.

second paragraph: did you know that the term lucifer is actually the name of some babylonian king?
    Do tell. Are you referring to old Nebby or did you have someone else in mind?

and in some translations it doesn't even appear in the bible? fun fact. many assign lucifer to the big dog downstairs however the bible doesn't.
    I guess some translations don't include Isaiah 14:12.

if i were to make books with what you don't follow the forests of the world would be gone.
    Perhaps you would consider the trees and simply be more clear with your meaning.

awesome, you also payed money to be so utterly wrong.
    Gee, what a compelling argument you offer.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree