1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 22:00
    When you have unauthorized persons compiling a spiritual literature, especially a book of over one thousand pages (the Bible) you have to take into account the probability factor, that they will get some things right, and some things wrong.

In the Bible there are many true presentations, but also many untrue presentations as well.

The true presentations are of the relative nature (common knowledge) and sadly the errors are of the absolute nature, which are the most important.

This is a disaster for persons wishing to use the Bible as their source of knowledge and guidance.

The true presentations are writings and comments that any gifted poet could produce.

Shakespeare was a gifted writer and produced some of the worlds best quotes of wisdom and wit.

Confucius was also a gifted person whose wit and wisdom has been recognized the world over.

Unfortunately the most important parts of the Bible where people are depending on authentic absolute truths have been let down badly.

It is these errors in the presentation of absolutes, that are misdirecting and destroying any chances of persons advancing in their spiritual life.

Actually they are being directed towards sin, instead of away from sin.

Sin means error, and to believe error will produce error in ones reality, to the extent that they will not develop authentic spiritual qualities which is absolutely necessary to return back to Godhead.

The true presentations for example.....dont steal, dont lie, dont covet your neighbors stuff, dont defile yourself, and respect your parents, and love God, and dont build your foundations on sand, and if you believe you will experience God and so on and so on.....all could have been put together by any thoughtful intelligent writer.

But the absolutes that are presented in the Bible are in error, and for a spiritual literature to be in error is unacceptable and should be at once corrected.
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 22:49
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    When you have unauthorized persons compiling a spiritual literature, especially a book of over one thousand pages (the Bible) you have to take into account the probability factor, that they will get some things right, and some things wrong.

In the Bible there are many true presentations, but also many untrue presentations as well.

The true presenta ...[text shortened]... , and for a spiritual literature to be in error is unacceptable and should be at once corrected.
    I feel a BM coming, I'll print this up, so I have something to wipe with.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 00:251 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    I feel a BM coming, I'll print this up, so I have something to wipe with.
    😉 just dont waste your own paper.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 01:421 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    😉 just dont waste your own paper.
    Why do you embrace error?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 01:46

The true presenta ...[text shortened]... , and for a spiritual literature to be in error is unacceptable and should be at once corrected.
    What proof do you have that the Bible is not authorized by God? Did he tell you that himself?
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 01:46
    Hold the bus Vishy, you just don't get it do you buddy?
    You have no authority in heaven or earth to determine who is authorized to write God's word. Your condescending tone is getting old fast.
    Good day
  7. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 03:12
    You've said that the Bible is full of error. Tell me some of the errors that the Bible has said. I want to know.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 03:58
    When any person subscribes to the bonafide spiritual teachings of the Vedic literature, and they live according to those spiritual teachings, they receive spiritual realization of truth in their heart.

That realization is true because it is initiated by the only true original Vedic religion.....Vedanta Sutra which is the only bonafide religion for mankind.

There is no second.....and all others are but substitute and cater for meat eaters and intoxicators and materialistic persons, who desire the easier and softer way.

But one cannot make spiritual life easier and softer, but must follow the proper process for purification of the mind body and heart, and by this become pure (a clean vessel) fit for association with the Lord.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 04:55
    When any person subscribes to the bonafide spiritual teachings of the Vedic literature, and they live according to those spiritual teachings, they receive spiritual realization of truth in their heart.

That realization is true because it is initiated by the only true original Vedic religion.....Vedanta Sutra which is the only bonafide religion for mank ...[text shortened]... mind body and heart, and by this become pure (a clean vessel) fit for association with the Lord.
    Are you without sin?
    Serious question.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 05:531 edit
    Hold the bus Vishy, you just don't get it do you buddy?
    You have no authority in heaven or earth to determine who is authorized to write God's word. Your condescending tone is getting old fast.
    Good day
    We all have the potential to authorize our own realities. In fact , that is the purpose of every individual. We need to figure out our own pieces of the puzzle and then put them together to undrstand our true origins.

Another fallacy of the bible is that we must wait until death until we "we meet our maker".
    This keeps us in confusion/fear and keeps those with the power, in power.

We do have the potential to work this out. Step 1 though, has to be to get rid of all our taboos.
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 06:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    We all have the potential to authorize our own realities. In fact , that is the purpose of every individual. We need to figure out our own pieces of the puzzle and then put them together to undrstand our true origins.

Another fallacy of the bible is that we must wait until death until we "we meet our maker".
    This keeps us in confusion/fear and keeps ...[text shortened]... do have the potential to work this out. Step 1 though, has to be to get rid of all our taboos.
    I had one, I had it removed with a lazer.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 08:43
    It is not error.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 08:47
    Are you without sin?
    Serious question.
    I bet you he will not answer.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 08:49
    The bible is true because Jesus fulfiled what was prophecied about him.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 09:08
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The bible is true because Jesus fulfiled what was prophecied about him.
    I respect and and know Jesus is a man of great character and qualities.

The Bible is in error and that cannot be denied.

The only requirement for all Christians is to recognize where the error is, and dismiss it.

Otherwise the error will have persons believing falsely and this would be counter productive in spiritual realization and growth.

Grace from God would be wasted if one believes in error.

All the blood in the universe would not make one sinless, if they hold firmly onto error.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree