The Bible

The Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Jan 11

Originally posted by vishvahetu
I respect and and know Jesus is a man of great character and qualities.

The Bible is in error and that cannot be denied.

The only requirement for all Christians is to recognize where the error is, and dismiss it.

Otherwise the error will have persons believing falsely and this would be counter productive in spiritual realization and growth.

Gr ...[text shortened]... or.

All the blood in the universe would not make one sinless, if they hold firmly onto error.
Are you sinless?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
22 Jan 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you sinless?
The living entities in this world have been re-born many many times, and unless they come to the platform of authentic love of God, they shall be reborn again.

I believe I am a work in progress, and I can definitely say that I will require more time to raise myself to the platform of pure love of God.

Genuine love for God does not come easily, because there are material desires that go deep into the consciousness, and they must be weeded out.

In most cases when someone newly takes to the spiritual life, it takes without doubt, their entire life to even approach love for God.

This is why the belief that we only have this one life, is fanciful.

Even the desire for adoration, distinction and profit are weeds that run deep in the psyche.

c

Moves
22 Jan 11

You've said on many occasions that the Bible is in error and yet you have yet to give specific examples of where it is in error. Give me a book and verse that is in error. You can't simply say it is flawed without giving examples of it being flawed. Don't give me some diatribe, give me specific examples.

I'm beginning to think that you've never actually read the Bible.

Moves
22 Jan 11

I respect and and know Jesus is a man of great character and qualities.

The only requirement for all Christians is to recognize where the error is, and dismiss it.

Otherwise the error will have persons believing falsely and this would be counter productive in spiritual realization and growth.

Gr ...[text shortened]... or.

All the blood in the universe would not make one sinless, if they hold firmly onto error.

Maybe if you start pointing out all the errors in the Bible people will start to take you more seriously...

Moves
22 Jan 11

The living entities in this world have been re-born many many times, and unless they come to the platform of authentic love of God, they shall be reborn again.

I believe I am a work in progress, and I can definitely say that I will require more time to raise myself to the platform of pure love of God.

Genuine love for God does not come easily, becau ...[text shortened]...

Even the desire for adoration, distinction and profit are weeds that run deep in the psyche.
The living entities in this world have been re-born many many times...

And you KNOW this how?

c

Moves
22 Jan 11

....... I'm still waiting! I haven't seen anything yet!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Jan 11
1 edit

Originally posted by chappy1
He listed like 13 "errors" in another thread.
(let me just chck the title)

"Blood can appease God"
There ya's go. I accept the thnx in advance

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
23 Jan 11

Read my posts and I have listed many errors in the Bible

c

Moves
23 Jan 11

Read my posts and I have listed many errors in the Bible
Post them on this thread. You dropped the bomb that the Bible was in error on this thread so list them on this thread.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
23 Jan 11

Post them on this thread. You dropped the bomb that the Bible was in error on this thread so list them on this thread.
Before I list them again...... read my post on "baby Jesus" and then comment, so I may determine your sincerity.

Moves
23 Jan 11

Genuine love for God does not come easily, becau ...[text shortened]...

Sorry, I asked if you were sinless?

c

Moves
24 Jan 11

Before I list them again...... read my post on "baby Jesus" and then comment, so I may determine your sincerity.
Okay I read it. You said it couldn't be true because it happened before to someone else, right? Well according to the Bible it happened to Moses when he was born so you're saying I can't believe that it happened to Jesus because the same thing happened in the past? I don't understand your logic. Things that have happened in the past can happen again.

Concerning your other statements about the Bible being in error. Okay yes you've listed many but that's all you've said. You haven't said how you know this or any proof of this. Do you really expect to people to abandon all faith in the Bible and Jesus simply because you post it on this forum? Why are these things in error? Give me some concrete explainations as to why these things in the Bible are not correct.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Jan 11

Okay I read it. You said it couldn't be true because it happened before to someone else, right? Well according to the Bible it happened to Moses when he was born so you're saying I can't believe that it happened to Jesus because the same thing happened in the past? I don't understand your logic. Things that have happened in the past can happen again.

...[text shortened]... Give me some concrete explainations as to why these things in the Bible are not correct.
You have to understand something......

Religion is eternal because God is eternal, so where is this eternal religion.

It is not the Old testament or the New Testament because theses happened on the scene only recently, a few thousand years.

So if you take the time to investigate you will see that the Vedanta Sutra and other Vedic literatures were existing at the beginning, long before Islam or Judaism or Christianity were fabricated.

So if you take even more time to study these eternal literatures, you will see they have given all the true spiritual knowledge that one could ever desire......so why would you reject them and subscribe to a substitute religion, that does not even have one millionth of the knowledge.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Jan 11

...[text shortened]... Give me some concrete explainations as to why these things in the Bible are not correct.
You have to understand something......

Religion is eternal because God is eternal, so where is this eternal religion.

It is not the Old testament or the New Testament or Islam or Judaism, because these happened on the scene only recently, a few thousand years ago.

So if you take the time to investigate you will see that the Vedanta Sutra and other Vedic literatures were existing at the beginning, long before Islam or Judaism or Christianity were fabricated.

So if you take even more time to study these eternal literatures, you will see they have given all the true spiritual knowledge that one could ever desire......so why would you reject them and subscribe to a substitute religion, that does not even have one millionth of the knowledge.

Not only that, but substitute religion has been fabricated by unauthorized un-enlightened materialistic persons, who have made much error in what they have presented, and may it be known that fabrication is deliberate error.

Now how does one know this? .....this is the big question.

One knows this firstly because they have subscribed to the substitute religion themselves in their search for truth, and not being satisfied with what was presented they continued their search until they discovered the Vedic teachings.

Thats only the beginning, because now the person must put into practice the teachings that are presented by Vedanta Sutra.

After practicing the process of purification which is absolutely required, the person develops spiritual realization and insight which cannot be faked, but is true understanding coming from God within the heart.

With this authentic spiritual insight, (this is the true grace of God) the person now can see everything clearly and can determine what is truth and what is error.

It is with this clear understanding, that they can present what is error and what is truth.

But someone who has not developed the spiritual insight...... all things will remain a mystery, and they will not know what to do....or what not to do.

While a person believes they live by grace only, they will become lazy and not endeavor to apply the principles of the spiritual life to become realized and develop spiritual insight.

The spiritual realization that one has is also confirmed in all the bonafide Vedic teachings, and is supported by all persons who are also on the spiritual path such as seers of the truth, spiritual masters and the general congregation of devotees......in other words all spiritually realized persons, are saying the same thing..........because truth is one.

This is why I can say that animal killing is sinful.....because all self realized persons will agree.

*Did you know that since i have been in this forum, not one person has asked me how do they live the spiritual life of purification.......but they readily and whimsically dismiss everything.

The idea that you have Grace, and are going to heaven is false.....because to get the grace you must be pure of heart, mind, and body.

Grace comes in many ways....it is grace that you even begin your spiritual living, it is grace that you remain on the path, it is grace that you develop spiritual insight, it is grace that you become self realized.

Purity means to not live by error.....not to believe error, think error, speak error or do error.

So to kill is living by error, and you are not yet pure.

To believe the things of God in error....... is not pure.

To speak things of God in error is not pure.

I am not against the person Jesus....but I am against the error presented in the Bible.

Did you know, that it would be impossible for me to discuss intimate spirituality with anyone, who could not come to understand that killing is sinful..........just like it would be impossible to discuss higher mathematics with someone who was having trouble with their two times table.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
24 Jan 11

Originally posted by galveston75
What proof do you have that the Bible is not authorized by God? Did he tell you that himself?
Thats very simple...

Any spiritual instruction that is in error, would not be authorized or sanctioned by the Lord.

But only endorsed by insincere persons who are bewildered by illusion.