1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 08:04
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    You can't go back in time and cause the horse to drink?
    The horse is dead. 😏
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 19:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The horse is dead. 😏
    I suspect the title of this thread was simply to generate interest, because the debate isn't over whether the big bang happened or not... the relevant question to be asking here isn't if it happened, but why.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 19:56
    The horse is dead. 😏
    Thought so... not many here will understand what it means to be "beating a dead horse", but even if they do they wouldn't believe it. It's the the believing part you're up against, so there's really no point in trying to change that part of it.
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 23:32
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Not yet anyway.
    That reminds me, I have a poem to submit to the cardigans and poetry thread FMF mentioned (at another thread I can't seem to find). Where can I find the cardigans and poetry thread?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Sep '15 23:39
    I suspect the title of this thread was simply to generate interest, because the debate isn't over whether the big bang happened or not... the relevant question to be asking here isn't [b]if it happened, but why.[/b]
    WHY THE BIB BANG NEVER HAPPENED

I believe the video does give many reasons WHY the Big Bang never happened. First, nothing can't produce something. That is, an explosion can't come from nothing, and even if it could, an explosion would cause chaos, not an orderly universe.

Check the video carefully for the other reasons. Courteous of . . .

The Near Genius 😏
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 00:02
    [b]WHY THE BIB BANG NEVER HAPPENED

I believe the video does give many reasons WHY the Big Bang never happened. First, nothing can't produce something. That is, an explosion can't come from nothing, and even if it could, an explosion would cause chaos, not an orderly universe.

Check the video carefully for the other reasons. Courteous of . . .

The Near Genius 😏[/b]
    Yeah, I know you can't get something from nothing. But that's what I mean when I say the question isn't IF it happened. And we shouldn't be asking atheists WHY, because as far as they are concerned there is no "why".

We must limit our questions and comments to HOW it happened, otherwise they can fall back on wisecracks and mockery when they don't know how to reasonably explain something as basic as getting something from nothing. They know full well this can't be done, so with a little slight of hand they'll tell you something in the nothing was acted on by some other nothing force (which also doesn't exist) and then lo and behold, something from nothing.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 00:30
    Yeah, I know you can't get something from nothing. But that's what I mean when I say the question isn't IF it happened. And we shouldn't be asking atheists WHY, because as far as they are concerned there is no "why".

We must limit our questions and comments to HOW it happened, otherwise they can fall back on wisecracks and mockery when they don't know ...[text shortened]... e other nothing force (which also doesn't exist) and then lo and behold, something from nothing.
    Science can't have it both ways if scientists believe it had to have happened one way OR the other (not both). Either something was there to become something else, or some (other) outside force or agency was able to create something that had not previously existed.
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 00:41
    Science can't have it both ways if scientists believe it had to have happened one way OR the other (not both). Either something was there to become something else, or some (other) outside force or agency was able to create something that had not previously existed.
    Don't limit science with your own ideas.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 00:59
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Don't limit science with your own ideas.
    Try fooling a child by showing nothing in your left hand, and then holding open your right hand to magically reveal something. Then come back here and explain how bad magic even comes close to being good science.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 01:301 edit

We must limit our questions and comments to HOW it happened, otherwise they can fall back on wisecracks and mockery when they don't know ...[text shortened]... e other nothing force (which also doesn't exist) and then lo and behold, something from nothing.
    Before you said the question should be why, now you are even rulling that out.

So now you say the question should be HOW it happened. But they already have answers to HOW it happened, just like they have for HOW EVIL-Lution happened, even thought the answers are not correct.

There is nothing that keeps them from falling back on wisecracks, ridicule, and ad hominem attacks. That is what they always do when they have no convincing explanation. They are willing to accept any miracle as long as it is not attributed to the God of Genesis.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 01:43
    I don't believe this video is actually intended for atheists who don't accept the possiblity of a creative intelligence outside the physical universe. I believe it is for those that are open to that possibility. I don't believe we can convince someone of something they don't want to believe no matter how good our magic might be. I believe this is for those with an open mind to accept logical conclusions.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 03:59
    Before you said the question should be [b]why, now you are even rulling that out.

So now you say the question should be HOW it happened. But they already have answers to HOW it happened, just like they have for HOW EVIL-Lution happened, even thought the answers are not correct.

There is nothing that keeps them from falling b ...[text shortened]... . They are willing to accept any miracle as long as it is not attributed to the God of Genesis.[/b]
    I'm not ruling out 'why' except when talking to atheists. They can interpret 'why' as meaning 'the reason' it happens, and if they know you believe in God they will automatically assume you are talking about what you believe. So if you don't happen to agree with them (for whatever reason) on some particular matter pertaining to science, they can then claim it is because of your religion.

It's not up to us who God chooses to reveal himself to. If you hammer away at them they will hammer away at you, and visa versa... and nothing gets done.
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 04:07
    I don't believe this video is actually intended for atheists who don't accept the possiblity of a creative intelligence outside the physical universe. I believe it is for those that are open to that possibility. I don't believe we can convince someone of something they don't want to believe no matter how good our magic might be. I believe this is for those with an open mind to accept logical conclusions.
    I should have read your last message before posting, because I agree only God is in a position to reveal himself to someone who is genuinely seeking him.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 05:41
    I should have read your last message before posting, because I agree only God is in a position to reveal himself to someone who is genuinely seeking him.
    Why can't God use Christians to reveal Himself to others? I believe God used the prophets up to Jesus and then the Christian apostles. So why not Christians like us? Do you believe I am so worthless that God can not use me?
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 06:34
    Why can't God use Christians to reveal Himself to others? I believe God used the prophets up to Jesus and then the Christian apostles. So why not Christians like us? Do you believe I am so worthless that God can not use me?
    No, my point is you and I are powerless to do what only God can do. But maybe I'm only speaking from my own experience. The people who led me to God didn't actually say much, but I was impressed by what they did say. And these encounters were spread out over a period of a few years, so these were all people who seemed to randomly cross paths with me.

This is difficult to explain, but when these people were talking to me I couldn't shake the feeling they already knew me, and understood what was going through my mind. These were all strangers I met at various times, but for only one brief time for each stranger... it was like talking to the same person at various times during a period of a few years, but it was never the same person.

I know how this all sounds, but I don't want to go into any great detail at a public forum... I can tell you this much, shortly after I became a Christian I told someone who claimed to be one himself, and he thought I was nuts. So I learned early on that not everything is what it appears to be, and not everyone is who he says he is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree