1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 06:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]WHY THE BIB BANG NEVER HAPPENED

I believe the video does give many reasons WHY the Big Bang never happened. First, nothing can't produce something. That is, an explosion can't come from nothing, and even if it could, an explosion would cause chaos, not an orderly universe.

Check the video carefully for the other reasons. Courteous of . . .

The Near Genius 😏[/b]
    I refuse to believe that a Christian can't wrap his head around the idea that the Big Bang was simply the same "Let there be light" moment from Genesis 1.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 06:41
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Not yet anyway.
    According to Einstein, not ever.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 06:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I refuse to believe that a Christian can't wrap his head around the idea that the Big Bang was simply the same "Let there be light" moment from Genesis 1.
    There is a difference between that and the Big Bang Theory. There are many problems with the Big Bang Theory, but i can't think of one problem with God saying, "Let there be light" and there was light, because God had already created the heavens and the earth out of water.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Either something was there to become something else, or some (other) outside force or agency was able to create something that had not previously existed.
    Because you cannot understand something from nothing you discount it.
    That is what I mean when I say you are limiting science with your own brain.
    Luckily there are smarter people than you and I.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 01:03
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yeah, lucky us...
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 01:40
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yeah, I am smarter than you. I am not so sure about lemon lime. In your view, science includes magic when you can't explain it by normal science. I explain it by a miracle of God. 😏
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 02:381 edit
    Yeah, I am smarter than you. I am not so sure about lemon lime. In your view, science includes magic when you can't explain it by normal science. I explain it by a miracle of God. 😏
    I'm not so sure about lemon lime either, but I am smart enough to know what isn't smart. It isn't smart to say something came from nothing unless it can be explained and/or demonstrated how something can come from nothing.

If 'nothing' is defined as something other than mass/energy that later became mass/energy, then they should simply say so instead saying "something from nothing". If the people "smarter" than everyone else were smart enough to drop the "something from nothing" line and just explain what they mean, then the smarter people could prove their smartness without sounding utterly stupid. If someone is actually smart enough to understand what they claim to understand they would also be smart enough to explain what they understand.

Science isn't mysticism. If I ask for an explanation and the only answer I get is 'I know but you don't because I'm smarter than you', I'm smart enough to know what that means. It means I'm listening to a d****** who doesn't **** his *** from * **** in *** ******
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 02:42
    I'm not so sure about lemon lime either, but I am smart enough to know what isn't smart. It isn't smart to say something came from nothing unless it can be explained and/or demonstrated how something can come from nothing.

If 'nothing' is defined as something other than mass/energy that later became mass/energy, then they should simply say so instead s ...[text shortened]... at means. It means I'm listening to a d****** who doesn't **** his *** from * **** in *** ******
    ROFL, well said.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 07:14
    Yeah, I know you can't get something from nothing. But that's what I mean when I say the question isn't IF it happened. And we shouldn't be asking atheists WHY, because as far as they are concerned there is no "why".

We must limit our questions and comments to HOW it happened, otherwise they can fall back on wisecracks and mockery when they don't know ...[text shortened]... e other nothing force (which also doesn't exist) and then lo and behold, something from nothing.
    The Big Bang theory doesn't state that "something came from nothing," nor does it require it as an assumption.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 07:28

If 'nothing' is defined as something other than mass/energy that later became mass/energy, then they should simply say so instead s ...[text shortened]... at means. It means I'm listening to a d****** who doesn't **** his *** from * **** in *** ******
    Then maybe we should not listen to him. What do you think about that? 😏
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 08:43
    It isn't smart to say something came from nothing unless it can be explained and/or demonstrated how something can come from nothing.

I agree.

But it has been explained.

And it has been demonstrated.
  12. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 09:03
    The Big Bang Never Happened

[youtube]P-B2hACS0dQ[/youtube]
    there was a big bang in my bedroom last night.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 09:47
    Originally posted by redbadger
    there was a big bang in my bedroom last night.
    Not that big, or so I've heard.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 10:02
    And less of a bang, more of a whimper...
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 14:201 edit
    you aint seen the Badger Rut, remember you need a big hammer to knock a huge nail in.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree