The biggest misconception in Christendom

The biggest misconception in Christendom

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Feb 22
2 edits

Is the popular imagery of the devil, Satan being in change of hell and the burning alive of the billions of people in the fiery lakes…standing there with his horns, pointy tail and pitchfork jabbing at the poor lost souls who the lovely Jesus died for.

But hang on a minute … it isn’t the Devil in charge of hell, it’s a version of Jesus!

”The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.
Rev 14:10

Now I don’t see Christendom correcting this misconception of poor old Satan being totally misrepresented, no the established church is quite happy to deflect some of the flack for this horrendous apocalyptic doomsday onto Olde Nick.

Prove me wrong you hellers.

Edit: nod to Ghost of a Duke for re-floating my favourite anit-hell scripture.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Is the popular imagery of the devil, Satan being in change of hell and the burning alive of the billions of people in the fiery lakes…standing there with his horns, pointy tail and pitchfork jabbing at the poor lost souls who the lovely Jesus died for.

But hang on a minute … it isn’t the Devil in charge of hell, it’s a version of Jesus!

[i]”The same shall drink of t ...[text shortened]... wrong you hellers.

Personally I am on the fence. There is enough biblical support for the Devil simply being the personification of sin, and hell being a a place of destruction, and not a place of torment. I dont think God cares either way what people believe about those two doctrines.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 22

@divegeester said

[i]”The same shall drink of t ...[text shortened]... wrong you hellers.

If only you weren't so confused with misconceptions.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Personally I am on the fence. There is enough biblical support for the Devil simply being the personification of sin, and hell being a a place of destruction, and not a place of torment. I dont think God cares either way what people believe about those two doctrines.
You wouldn't be "on the fence" if you weren't so confused about what's in the Bible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Feb 22

@josephw said
You wouldn't be "on the fence" if you weren't so confused about what's in the Bible.
Notice something here, and this is your normal modus operandi. 4 posts

Dive - Brought up a particular issue
Me- I gave my opinion on the issue
You - Comment on Dive
You - Comment on Me

Nothing one single word on the topic. from you.

Guess what they call people like you.

Moves
05 Feb 22

@josephw said
If only you weren't so confused with misconceptions.
Nothing to say about the OP as usual.

Moves
05 Feb 22

@josephw said

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 22

@divegeester said
It's not worth it to comment on what you said in your OP because it's just your usual blatherings about your confusions, misconceptions and mischaracterizations of biblical truth.

At the outset for example: "...popular imagery of the devil...".

You obviously think you're a clever little fellow by fomenting further misconceptions about Satan by disregarding what the Bible says about him just to lambaste and demonize anyone that disagrees with your humanistic and anti-biblical sentiments regarding your pet peeve about eternal punishment.

You bore me to death with your pretentious and sophomoric diatribes.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
I know what you say, and I couldn't care less.

F

Moves
05 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Notice something here, and this is your normal modus operandi. 4 posts

Dive - Brought up a particular issue
Me- I gave my opinion on the issue
You - Comment on Dive
You - Comment on Me

Nothing one single word on the topic. from you.

Zing

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 22

@fmf said
Zing
Reinforcements are here.

Rajk must be boiling over with joy and enthusiasm.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
05 Feb 22

@josephw said
I know what you say, and I couldn't care less.
Care about yourself. You are a typical born-again Christian lacking in self-respect.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Care about yourself. You are a typical born-again Christian lacking in self-respect.
You're boring.

Moves
05 Feb 22

@josephw said

You bore me to death with your pretentious and sophomoric diatribes.
And yet here you are dodging the point because you cannot refute it, but just having a pop at one of detractors and call me names …

Is my posting still “Antichrist”?
Am I still “reprobate”?
Am I still an “enemy of god”?

Well I can see why you are not allowed to teach in your church.

Moves
05 Feb 22

@josephw said
You're boring.
Maybe it is you who are boring?

After all others are commenting on the OP, not you.