The biggest misconception in Christendom

The biggest misconception in Christendom

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@caissad4 said
Funnier still is that Satan was not incorporated into Judaism until the captivity in Babylon . The concept was "borrowed" from Zoroastrianism during captivity . And millions and millions of Christians believe Satan is part of Abrahamic religion . No dirty Devil , no Hell , no kidding .
This website has Job written in the 2nd millennium B.C. and Exodus written in 1446 to 1406 B.C.

https://www.oldest.org/religion/books-in-the-bible/

The actual Exodus (the event, not the book) took place centuries *after* Job was written.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@caissad4 said
Funnier still is that Satan was not incorporated into Judaism until the captivity in Babylon . The concept was "borrowed" from Zoroastrianism during captivity . And millions and millions of Christians believe Satan is part of Abrahamic religion . No dirty Devil , no Hell , no kidding .
Looks like I confused the Babylonian and Egyptian captivities.

The Babylonian captivity was even more recent than the Egyptian captivity!

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
14 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
If I’m not mistaken, Job is the oldest book of the Holy Bible and Satan is mentioned - and a key figure - right in the very first chapter.
And Satan is portrayed as "the tester " , not that dirty old devil .

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@caissad4 said
And Satan is portrayed as "the tester " , not that dirty old devil .
He’s portrayed as a “dirty old devil” in Isaiah, and, unless I’m mistaken, Isaiah was written before the Babylonian captivity, though not by much.

“How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.”

(Isaiah 14:12-15)

It appears Isaiah was written around 700 B.C. and the Babylonian captivity started around 597 B.C.

Moves
14 Feb 22

The post that was quoted here has been removed
We’re getting there 😂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@divegeester said
We’re getting there 😂
You’re becoming a bore, tiger.

Put up or shut up.

Moves
14 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You’re becoming a bore, tiger.

Put up or shut up.
I’m sure I am skippy1009, I’m sure I am 😉

Moves
14 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Describing yourself?

You did a good job!
Channeling Very Rusty much.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I’m sure I am skippy1009, I’m sure I am 😉
🥱

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Channeling Very Rusty much.
😴 💤

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
14 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
He’s portrayed as a “dirty old devil” in Isaiah, and, unless I’m mistaken, Isaiah was written before the Babylonian captivity, though not by much.

“How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above t ...[text shortened]...
It appears Isaiah was written around 700 B.C. and the Babylonian captivity started around 597 B.C.
Lucifer and Satan are the same person ????
LMAO !

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@caissad4 said
Lucifer and Satan are the same person ????
LMAO !
The lengths some people will go to in refusing to admit they’re wrong never ceases to amaze me.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
14 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
The lengths some people will go to in refusing to admit they’re wrong never ceases to amaze me.
Indeed !

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 22

@caissad4 said
Indeed !
So are you now willing to admit you were wrong when you wrote “Satan was not incorporated into Judaism until the captivity in Babylon”?

Satan is directly mentioned in the first chapter of the oldest book of the Holy Bible, which was written centuries before the Babylonian captivity.

You’re just flat-out wrong and too prideful to admit it.

Moves
15 Feb 22

@pb1022 said

You’re just flat-out wrong and too prideful to admit it.
Out of your own mouth Romans1009.

🙂