The biggest misconception in Christendom

The biggest misconception in Christendom

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Another non sequitur.

As I’ve said in the OP (which you clearly haven’t read) and several times since, the Devil being in change of hell is a popular misconception.

The church has allowed this misconception to become cemented in popular culture over the decades rather than highlight this scripture which indicates that it is a version of Jesus who is clearly overseeing the eternal torture of the billions of no Christians.
There’s a big difference between non-Christians and the people described in those verses from Revelation 14.

You quoted Revelation 14:10, but failed to quote the verses immediately before and after it, which refute your claim that Jesus Christ is “clearly overseeing the eternal torture of the billions of no (sic) Christians.”

“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”

(Revelation 14:9-11)

People who worship Satan and receive his mark are the ones who are tormented in Jesus Christ’s presence, not “billions of non-Christians.”

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
There’s a big difference between non-Christians and the people described in those verses from Revelation 14.

You quoted Revelation 14:10, but failed to quote the verses immediately before and after it, which refute your claim that Jesus Christ is “clearly overseeing the eternal torture of the billions of no (sic) Christians.”

“And the third angel followed them, saying wi ...[text shortened]... is mark are the ones who are tormented in Jesus Christ’s presence, not “billions of non-Christians.”
Your interesting segmentation profile of who will and who will not be burned alive for eternity by Jesus is quite interesting, but with respect, for another thread if you don’t mind.

I would certainly be willing to participate and look into this idea but here I really want to stay focussed on this popular secular misconception about the devil being in charge in hell.

Thanks

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Feb 22

@josephw removed their quoted post
Why are you addressing your post to pb1022?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I really want to stay focussed on this popular secular misconception about the devil being in charge in hell.
What for? No one here believes Satan is in charge of hell.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@divegeester

No one but you, in this forum, has ever said, "billions are tortured in the presence of Jesus Christ".

Yours is a straw man argument.

But, as the scriptures say, everyone that denies Christ will stand at the judgement seat of God and subsequently be cast into the lake of fire where they will exist throughout all eternity in outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@divegeester
Feel better now?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Feb 22

@josephw said
What for? No one here believes Satan is in charge of hell.
Most people do, it’s a popular secular misconception.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Feb 22

@josephw said
@divegeester

No one but you, in this forum, has ever said, "billions are tortured in the presence of Jesus Christ".

Yours is a straw man argument.

But, as the scriptures say, everyone that denies Christ will stand at the judgement seat of God and subsequently be cast into the lake of fire where they will exist throughout all eternity in outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
The bible saying it, apparently, it says so in the scripture in my OP…

… or are you quibbling over “billions” in an effort to evade the point?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Most people do, it’s a popular secular misconception.
The church isn't responsible for people's misconceptions.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@divegeester said
The bible saying it, apparently, it says so in the scripture in my OP…

… or are you quibbling over “billions” in an effort to evade the point?
The verse you quoted doesn't say "billions", so why are you inferring it does? What's the point in saying that?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Feb 22

@josephw said
The church isn't responsible for people's misconceptions.
As I said in my OP the church has been happy to permit the misconception that it is the Devil rather than a version of Jesus overseeing the casting into the lake of fire.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Feb 22

@josephw said
The verse you quoted doesn't say "billions", so why are you inferring it does? What's the point in saying that?
Oh you ARE quibbling over “billions” in an effort to evade the point, how lovely.

Ok so how many shall we say “millions” “thousands” “hundreds”?

You pick.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@divegeester said
As I said in my OP the church has been happy to permit the misconception that it is the Devil rather than a version of Jesus overseeing the casting into the lake of fire.
"The church" hasn't "permitted" that misconception. That is just one of the false premises of your sophomoric OP.

You may just as well level that accusation at Jesus Christ since he is the "head of the church".

You do understand don't you? You're accusing Jesus of spreading misinformation.

The church nor the scriptures have ever taught that Satan presides over hell. That misinformation is spread by people like you.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
07 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Oh you ARE quibbling over “billions” in an effort to evade the point, how lovely.

Ok so how many shall we say “millions” “thousands” “hundreds”?

You pick.
Unlike you I won't add words to the scriptures.

You do understand what happens to those that do don't you?