1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '10 23:37
    The body is a machine, just like a motor car is a machine. I am within this body as the driver is within the motor car.
    Now the motor car has many needs. It needs gas, it needs oil, it needs to have it’s tires pumped up and so on. But if one forgets the driver in the car and simply concentrates on the machine and the needs of the machine the driver will not be satisfied.

He will be sitting in the car starving. Because the food of the driver is different from the food of the car. You can not feed the driver gas. His food is different.

So we are the driver of this body. This body has so many needs, but these bodily needs are different from our needs, we are the driver of the body, the soul within the body, “the ghost in the machine…”

Therefore the Lord recommends in the Bhagavad Gita that we satisfy the bodily needs only as much as necessary to maintain the body in a healthy condition and spend the rest of our time and energy in spiritual activities which help us to reawaken our original spiritual consciousness. It is this spiritual consciousness which is a our real need, the needs of the soul.

Of course the needs of the body are there and we can not ignore that.

It is not that we do not eat, or sleep, or have sex or defend, but these things are done in a regulated way to maintain the body in a healthy condition. But as the motor car is simply a vehicle which is meant to transport the driver to his destination, we see this material body as a vehicle which can be used to transport the driver-–the soul-–to his ultimate destination: back home, back to Godhead. With this understand we can see that satisfaction of the body is not our goal, we simply need to maintain the body nicely so we can use it in the real mission of our life, advancing spiritually.

If we spend all our time trying to satisfy the senses of our body we will waste all our time and energy in this way and become completely distracted from the real purpose of life, which is to get out of this material world and get back home to the spiritual world where we will get an eternally youthful spiritual body full of knowledge and full of pleasure… Then we will really be happy…
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 02:461 edit
    To prurify the body is to prurify the mind first. To purify the mind you must understand what is "impure".
    This black/white, pue/unpure analgoy dont cut it for me. Not in this situation anyway.

The body is to be explored,worshipped, understood,exercised. Basically it is the vehicle for us to explore our world and understand who we are.

To be negataive about your body is to close off our chakras. And we all know that we need to open our chakras to furthur our spiritual understanding.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 05:45
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    The body is a machine, just like a motor car is a machine. I am within this body as the driver is within the motor car.
    Now the motor car has many needs. It needs gas, it needs oil, it needs to have it’s tires pumped up and so on. But if one forgets the driver in the car and simply concentrates on the machine and the needs of the machine the driver will ...[text shortened]... ly youthful spiritual body full of knowledge and full of pleasure… Then we will really be happy…
    Are you a kindergarten teacher by any chance?
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 06:071 edit
    Now the motor car has many needs. It needs gas, it needs oil, it needs to have it’s tires pumped up and so on. But if one forgets the driver in the car and simply concentrates on the machine and the needs of the machine the driver will ...[text shortened]... ly youthful spiritual body full of knowledge and full of pleasure… Then we will really be happy…
    You are as far away from “the truth”
    as cluttered words and teachings
    can carry you—listen—
    not to words and teachings,
    not to “saints” and scriptures—
    but to the simple sound that sings
    in birds and stars, and the drum
    of your own deep being,
    before all cluttered teachings,
    before all noisome words.

The one true guru is this—
  5. England
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 10:08
    the body has needs /the soul has needs there is no conflict. only when the body gets greedy to the cost of the soul
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 11:52
    Originally posted by vistesd
    can carry you—listen—
    of your own deep being,

Silence is golden.
  7. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 15:08
    You are not inside your body. You are your body.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 00:47
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    To prurify the body is to prurify the mind first. To purify the mind you must understand what is "impure".
    This black/white, pue/unpure analgoy dont cut it for me. Not in this situation anyway.

The body is to be explored,worshipped, understood,exercised. Basically it is the vehicle for us to explore our world and understand who we are.

To be ne ...[text shortened]... kras. And we all know that we need to open our chakras to furthur our spiritual understanding.
    There is a maxim that states that:

If you are spiritually well, then you are automatically mentally, physically and emotionally well also.

So being spiritually situated in transcendental knowledge and awareness, a person need not strive for wellness in any other department, because spiritual thinking and living makes one well all over.

So,... no need to play around with chakras, because people do this to get power (material power) so they can be bigger or better than the other person.

This is why people want to be yogis, because they want to be powerful, but the true spiritual life is about being connected to God in self realization, and re-kindling our lost love for God.

Trying to be powerful through esoteric practices is a material desire, and will only alienate oneself further from God.

Raising the Kudalini can be un-beneficial (psychologically) and actually is almost impossible for most people to accomplish these days.

The recommended process for God consciousness in this age of Kali, is Bhakti Yoga
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 00:501 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel

To be ne ...[text shortened]... kras. And we all know that we need to open our chakras to furthur our spiritual understanding.
    error in transmission
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 01:10
    Originally posted by vistesd
    can carry you—listen—
    of your own deep being,

Its so ironic......that the most cluttered teachings on the planet, are the Noe- Buddhist teachings, which many would-be intellectuals take on, because it allows them to talk all manner of mind bending postulations, to bewilder their audience.

For me, I like simple plain truth, as explained in Vedanta Sutra.

But!.....to understand this simple plain truth, one has to be qualified, and any envy towards God will put a cloud over your mind, and you will not understand that truth.
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 01:13
    Originally posted by josephw
    Are you a kindergarten teacher by any chance?
    No but......Sometimes I feel like Iam corresponding with kindergarten children.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 07:03
    Originally posted by Mephisto2
    You are not inside your body. You are your body.
    you are nore than your body
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 19:50
    No but......Sometimes I feel like Iam corresponding with kindergarten children.
    This may be because you lack clarity of mind due to your false ideology.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 19:59
    ... the real purpose of life, which is to get out of this material world and get back home to the spiritual world where we will get an eternally youthful spiritual body full of knowledge and full of pleasure… Then we will really be happy…
    So why did we need to come here in the first place?
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 21:26
    There is a maxim that states that:

If you are spiritually well, then you are automatically mentally, physically and emotionally well also.

So being spiritually situated in transcendental knowledge and awareness, a person need not strive for wellness in any other department, because spiritual thinking and living makes one well all over.

So,... no ...[text shortened]... these days.

The recommended process for God consciousness in this age of Kali, is Bhakti Yoga
    Thats really not what I'm on about. I dont "play around with chakras" or engage in any other such "supernatural" activities. Except for awareness. Escpecially in my peripheral vision.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree