1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 22:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Thats really not what I'm on about. I dont "play around with chakras" or engage in any other such "supernatural" activities. Except for awareness. Escpecially in my peripheral vision.
    Thats wise...... but my statement was just a general response about the matter, and not so much directed at your good self.
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '10 22:54
    Originally posted by divegeester
    So why did we need to come here in the first place?
    All the living entities in the spiritual world have partial independence, and when they use their independence and desire to be just like God.......then God has the material creation for them to come to, so they can play at being God and believe that they are fully independent and free.

But the living entities are never fully independent, because they are never God.

God is God.....and God will always be God, but God always fore-fills the desires of the living entities, so when they desire to be separate from God, then God allows them to come to the material world.

God will not "set-up" the living entity to be God themselves in reality, but can only allow them to believe that they are fully independent and God-like in an illusion. (this world)

The reason for this is that the soul is a little piece of God.....so God cannot separate God-self from God.

Just like the sun, cannot separate the sun-ray, from itself.

Did you understand what I just said......I said that you are a little piece of God, and self realization means coming to the awareness of this eternal fact, and when you fully come to know, what you actually are in reality, ( an eternal spiritual being, part and parcel of God) you will never see the world the same way ever again......and you will be on your way home, back to Godhead.
  3. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 05:49
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Its so ironic......that the most cluttered teachings on the planet, are the Noe- Buddhist teachings, which many would-be intellectuals take on, because it allows them to talk all manner of mind bending postulations, to bewilder their audience.

For me, I like simple plain truth, as explained in Vedanta Sutra.

But!.....to understand this simple plain ...[text shortened]... nd any envy towards God will put a cloud over your mind, and you will not understand that truth.
    Of course there are cluttered Buddhist teachings! No argument. As soon as concepts are delineated and words woven to embroider them, there is clutter.

Sometimes, people try to use words to point away from the clutter—even the clutter of the very words they are using. This is elicitive, rather than descriptive or propositional speech (and is almost always paradoxical). Sometimes these are collected and commented upon, and unintentionally the clutter accumulates—and becomes volumes of “teachings”.

Before the concept-making activity of the mind, there is no clutter. No confusion. No explanation. No qualifications. Plain and simple. Be-ing, aware-ing, clear.

And when one does begin to think, there is just think-ing, like breathing—and the makings of the mind that have no real substance, including all those “I-makings”.

How can I know who “I” am,
    when I am the one making
    “who-I-am”?

If you think that’s a “mind-bending postulation”, just relax deeper into your own mind—peel back all the onion-layers, let go of every concept, every teaching, all the clutter (including the clutter of these words) until you just are, aware, without an “I”. Whatever is real is there—and needs no embellishment.

Really, let all the "teachings" go and just do that. Plain and simple.

Be well.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 06:25
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Of course there are cluttered Buddhist teachings! No argument. As soon as concepts are delineated and words woven to embroider them, there is clutter.

Sometimes, people try to use words to point away from the clutter—even the clutter of the very words they are using. This is elicitive, rather than descriptive or propositional speech (and is almo ...[text shortened]... shment.

Really, let all the "teachings" go and just do that. Plain and simple.

Be well.
    Forgive my simpleness, but there are 6 billion people on the planet, and 3 billion people at some point in their life ponder the question "What am I".....and their minds tell them that they are their rotting material body (which is error)

So if you approach the Vedanta Sutra, its clearly informs you, that you are "Aham Bramhasmi"....I am spirit, which is not in error.

I will stay with the perfect and true teachings of Vedanta Sutra, instead of my limited mind....thankyou.
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 07:122 edits
    Forgive my simpleness, but there are 6 billion people on the planet, and 3 billion people at some point in their life ponder the question "What am I".....and their minds tell them that they are their rotting material body (which is error)

So if you approach the Vedanta Sutra, its clearly informs you, that you are "Aham Bramhasmi"....I am spirit, whic ...[text shortened]... ith the perfect and true teachings of Vedanta Sutra, instead of my limited mind....thankyou.
    First, I don’t think you exhibit simpleness. Second, there’s nothing to forgive.

Third, for the error of thinking that you are your “rotting, material body”, it seems that you are substituting the error that you are something called “spirit”. In other words, it seems you are substituting one mind-made error with another erroneous mind-made concept.

You and I both agree, and are sensitive to, the tragedy of identifying with mind-made illusion. The only way out is to let go of identifying with any of the mind-made categories, any of the mind-content—whatever you call it.

If you call it “spirit”, that does not mean that you are not in your limited mind. All those conceptual categories come out of that mind; all the concepts, ideas and words, and teachings. Whatever teachings of Vedanta that are true point away from themselves to the real that is prior to all concepts, words and teachings. That real includes us as “happenings”, since the real is more happening (or process) than substance.

As long as you are in a dualistic view, you are at the level of the relative. God/universe, spirit/body, this/that. And that relative is a product of the limited mind.

But there is no need for any of that. My recommendation was to let go of the limited mind (which, though limited and relative, is highly sophisticated: your system of Vedanta is highly sophisticated—that is how it traps you; that is generally how intelligent people get trapped). To let go, stop thinking, stop conceptualizing, stop believing—and just be, aware. Then you can observe how all the thoughts and concepts and beliefs arise in and from your mind.

You are the one doing all that; you are a happening and a doing—you are not other than that. But part of that happening/doing is conscious reflecting—and we get caught in the web of our own reflections, and call those reflections all sorts of things. (But if that’s what you mean by “spirit”, okay.)

Now, after all this clutter [!!], I’m going to compose one more simple post—and I will keep it simple after that! (Promise! 🙂 )
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 07:23
    I am no content at all.

I am not the content
    I pour from my own mind,
    nor the content poured in
    from the minds of others.

Do not be confused
    by reflections!
    Do not think
    that by these reflections,
    my wordy words,
    you know who I am.

I am no content at all,
    clear and free,
    reflecting reflections
    from the clear.

In the clear,
    there are no confusions;
    reflections
    are only reflections
    in the clear—
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 09:12
    I am no content at all.

I am not the content
    I pour from my own mind,

Do not be confused
    by reflections!
    Do not think
    my wordy words,
    you know who I am.

I am no content at all,
    clear and free,
    reflecting reflections
    from the clear.

In the clear,
    there are no confusions;
    reflections
    are only reflections
    in the clear—
    Yes a reading of negation.....but

Mind is a tool, and we are not our mind, but our mind can liberate us if we purify it by identifying with our spiritual ego instead of the false material ego.

We have an eternal spiritual identity, but it is lost to our false material identity. (false ego)

Vedanta Sutra shows us how to re-gain our covered spiritual identity "Aham Brahmasmi" and develop loving spiritual sentiments towards God.

If God is non existence, then this could not happen, but it does happen, and when it does, the person experiences spiritual peace, bliss, ecstasy and love, in relationship with God.

If you tell them its all in their mind, and they should negate it, what would they replace it with....and why.

You see it is real, and negating ones personal experience with God is fool hardy and is self sabotage.......dont you think?

Buddhist acknowledge, that all suffering is due to the attachment to the offerings of the mind, and endeavor to negate all thoughts to nothingness, but spiritual thought is liberating and is the very source of peace , bliss and love that we all seek.

I dont think nothingness can actually satisfy anyone for eternity....and we have eternity, because we are eternal spiritual beings.

In this world there is false substance, false love, false religion, false teachings and false thoughts........and this is what you are negating.....but on the other hand, there is real substance, real love, real religion, real thoughts and real teachings that allow one to return to their spiritual home in the real world, with God who is real. ( please dont negate the real)

Namaste
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 10:09
    I am no content at all.

I am not the content
    I pour from my own mind,

Do not be confused
    by reflections!
    Do not think
    my wordy words,
    you know who I am.

I am no content at all,
    clear and free,
    reflecting reflections
    from the clear.

In the clear,
    there are no confusions;
    reflections
    are only reflections
    in the clear—
    His sixth is galloping even at the sight of the shadow of the horsewhip😵

Akira asked Hyakujo,
    -- "What is the matter of extraordinary wonder?"
    Hyakujo replied:
    -- "Sitting alone on Daiyu Peak!"
    Akira made a deep bow; Hyakujo thereupon hit him
    😵
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 16:26
    Yes a reading of negation.....but

Mind is a tool, and we are not our mind, but our mind can liberate us if we purify it by identifying with our spiritual ego instead of the false material ego.

We have an eternal spiritual identity, but it is lost to our false material identity. (false ego)

Vedanta Sutra shows us how to re-gain our covered spir ...[text shortened]... tual home in the real world, with God who is real. ( please dont negate the real)

Namaste
    Nan-chuan said, "The Way is not subject to knowing or not knowing. Knowing is delusion; not knowing is blankness or complete ignorance. If you truly reach the genuine Way, you will find it as vast and boundless as outer space. How can this be discussed at the level of affirmation and negation?"

Namsate!
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 16:371 edit
    Originally posted by black beetle

Akira asked Hyakujo,
    Hyakujo replied:
    😵
    The wild hawk need not be tamed,
    soaring freely in the sun, and yet—

there is a mouse
    running through the grass!

There is no need,
    there is no need for needfulness,
    there is no need,
    nevertheless—

In the chill wind this morning
    the birds sing, scattered in the trees
    as I put out winter food for them.

Where now are the mind-geese, Hyakujo!?

🙂 I bow.
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    10 Dec '10 16:43
    Originally posted by black beetle

Akira asked Hyakujo,
    Hyakujo replied:
    😵
    Light scatters in the water—
    or is the water
    scattered in the light?

Zorba said a word on the other thread; let’s retire there. 😉
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 05:26
    Light scatters in the water—
    or is the water
    scattered in the light?

Zorba said a word on the other thread; let’s retire there. 😉
    I will retire later; now this scarab has to do the same ole chores
    😵
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 07:59
    Thats wise...... but my statement was just a general response about the matter, and not so much directed at your good self.
    Oh ok, I was just clarifying my posititon
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '10 08:18
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Oh ok, I was just clarifying my posititon
    How is your constantly learning boy? And how are you, my friend? Everything OK there Down Under?
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree