The book of Mormon musical

The book of Mormon musical

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Feb 17

Originally posted by sonship
Not really worth that much research.
Your kids may be too old for them.
Yeah, he's just passed that age (11)
Actually he doesn't watch any tv or movies of late. So thats good I guess

E

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Thats just plain wrong.

But now that you know you can always come back to this point and say well this guy must be wrong cause he smokes weed.

Thats like ageism,sexism or racism - it has nothing to do with the content of what the person is saying, you're just attacking them because you are zenophobic,so it really doesn't matter what others say because you rule out any possibility of learning anything (because of your prejudice)
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2014/02/25/282631913/marijuana-may-hurt-the-developing-teen-brain

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2015/11/marijuana-brain.aspx

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2014/02/25/282631913/marijuana-may-hurt-the-developing-teen-brain

http://www.apa.org/monitor/2015/11/marijuana-brain.aspx
I'm not looking up anything unless you give me a gist first.

BTW there has not been one recorded death attributed directly to marijuana use. Wow. Not one. Secondly there are Cananbanoid receptors found throughout the human brain and spleen . They are one of the main type of type of receptor sites found in humans, but even more interestingly they are found in all creatures all the way down to like sea slime (or whatever). Yep every animal is full a cannabanoid receptors, which makes you think why god would put them there and then create a plant that interacts with these receptors....HMMMM

E

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

I already gave you the gist.

The younger a person is when starting to smoke pot the greater the damage to the brain. I think you can actually lower your IQ by 6 points or so.

Damaging the brain does not equal death. It just makes you under achieve by lowering your mental ability and preventing the maturation process.

If you care about your kid you might want to read up on it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

I already gave you the gist.

The younger a person is when starting to smoke pot the greater the damage to the brain. I think you can actually lower your IQ by 6 points or so.

Damaging the brain does not equal death. It just makes you under achieve by lowering your mental ability and preventing the maturation process.

If you care about your kid you might want to read up on it.
You're a classic.

So my daughter turned 21 last month. she's awesome. Smokes very small amount compared to her peers and well, compared to me at that age she's a saint.
Much rather she smoked weed than drank alcohol.
My boy is just so turned off by my lifestyle that I doubt he'll want to imitate me anytime soon.

As for me I was raise by Christian, law abiding straight people. They were coool when i was growing up but they taught me nothing about life either.

Point is people don't take after their parents , least of all if the parents try to make them.

So you're brain retarding arguement notwithstanding, why did god put all those receptors in us and not say... alcohol receptors? Or that like how you explain dinosaur bones ? Y'know, just say that god put them their as a test. Hilarious.

E

Moves
27 Feb 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
You're a classic.

So my daughter turned 21 last month. she's awesome. Smokes very small amount compared to her peers and well, compared to me at that age she's a saint.
Much rather she smoked weed than drank alcohol.
My boy is just so turned off by my lifestyle that I doubt he'll want to imitate me anytime soon.

As for me I was raise by Christi ...[text shortened]... how you explain dinosaur bones ? Y'know, just say that god put them their as a test. Hilarious.
Losing 6 IQ points does not make a smart person retarded, just less smart. That would be from heavy use at young ages.

I just noted that your immature actions can be linked to your drug use.

Infidel

Moves
27 Feb 17

South Park ??
Is that like The Simpsons?

Honestly -
Cartoon shows for adults make me feel kind of sorry for some people.
Fairy tale books for adults make me feel kind of sorry for some people.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
27 Feb 17

A couple of Disney movies have made the horse have an expressive face which just cracks me up.

Hercules, Tangled. The expressions on the face of the horse are a laugh.
Dude, if a Disney horse cracks you up, South Park will give you a hernia.

"I don't make up the rules. I just think them up and write them down." Eric Cartman

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Feb 17
3 edits

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Fairy tale books for adults make me feel kind of sorry for some people.
Do you know what the significance of the year 1948 is ?

This is the year a nation that had passed out of existence for over a thousand years plus came back into existence - Israel.

Do you know where we can find all about the origin of this usual nation Israel? It is not in a "once upon a time long ago in a distant land" tale. The origin of Israel we can learn about in the book the Bible.

C.S. Lewis was a writer of fairy tales. But he also was a professor of English literature.
He said the Bible doesn't read anything like a fairy tale.

Some fairy tales try to imitate the style of the Bible in order to be more entertaining - ie. The Hobbit.

Thousands of places, towns, cities, geographic areas are mentioned in the Bible.
Read for example in the book of Joshua the apportionment of the land of Canaan to the twelve tribes in chapters 12 - 21.

It won't hurt you. Read it. Notice the hundreds of names of people and places, the borders, the boundaries, the markers, the geographic details, the delineating land marks. That's about ten chapters of technical details obviously written to an audience who was familiar with what was being discussed.

Here's just a little sample as a portion.

"All the kingdoms of Og in Bashan, who reigned in Ashtaroth and in Edrei (he was left of the remnant of the Rephaim); and Moses struck them and dispossessed them.

Yet the children of Israel did not dispossess the Gershurites and the Maacathites, but Geshur and Maacath dwell in the midst of Israel to this day.

However to the tribe of Levi he did not give an inheritance; the offerings of Jehovah the God of Israel by fire are their inheritance, as He had spoken to him.

And Moses gave an inheritance to the tribe of the children of Reuben according to their families. And for them the border was from Aroer, which is on the edge of the river Arnon, and from the city, which is in the middle of the river valley, and all the tableland of Medeba;

Hesbon and all its cities which are in the tableland; Dibon and Banoth-baal and Beth-ball-meon. And Jahaz and Kedemoth and Mephaath.

And Kiriathaim and Sibmah and Zereth-shahar on the mountain of the valley and Beth-peor and the slopes of Pisgah and Beth-jeshimoth;

That is, all the cities of the tableland and all the kingdom of Sihon the king of the Amorites, who reigned in Hesbon and whom Moses struck with the leaders of Midian: Evi and Rekem and Zur and Hur and Reba, the princes of Sihon who inhabited the land." ( Joshua 13:12-21)

And you have plenty more details to go.
Doesn't read anything like a fairy tale but rather history and geography.

I'll tell you what. Just see if you can read chapter 15 of Joshua. Its 63 verses.
Have a Bible ? Dust it off. Read Joshua 15.

Infidel

Moves
27 Feb 17

Do you know what the significance of the year 1948 is ?

This is the year a nation that had passed out of existence for over a thousand years plus came back into existence - [b]Israel

Do you know where we can find all about the origin of this usual nation Israel? It is not in a "once upon a time long ago in a distant land" tale. The origin of [ ...[text shortened]... chapter 15 of Joshua. Its 63 verses.
Have a Bible ? Dust it off. Read Joshua 15.[/b]
Yes, but it also says a woman got pregnant "just like that" (uhuh.... Mary, Mary.... you naughty girl, you. Should've put a rubber on it), a man died and then was resurrected and then went to heaven to sit beside his father who was also himself. And he also walked on water.

So a fairy tale book it is.

Of course, intelligent people who watch funny cartoons know it is fake, whereas biblethumpers actually believe that nonsense.

Awww... poor sonship and his scrambled remains of a brain. How cute you are in your ignorance.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Great King Rat
Yes, but it also says a woman got pregnant "just like that" (uhuh.... Mary, Mary....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, the New Testament does not say a woman got pregnant "just like that".

There is no need for me to dignify your goofy post any further.

Infidel

Moves
28 Feb 17

[b] Yes, but it also says a woman got pregnant "just like that" (uhuh.... Mary, Mary....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no need for me to dignify your goofy post any further.[/b]
Please, dignify my post.... I need your... erm... dignification, sonship 😀

Have you ever seen a South Park episode, by the way?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
28 Feb 17
1 edit

Losing 6 IQ points does not make a smart person retarded, just less smart. That would be from heavy use at young ages.

I just noted that your immature actions can be linked to your drug use.
you can link them to my drug use very easily. I've made a point of being a hemp activist of late. I'm actually shamefull that in my earlier years I would try to hide and deny my marijuana use. After some education on the matter as a whole (socially,economically, historically and scientifically), I have concluded that hemp and marijuana are not just a good medicine for certain ailments (the only cure for glaucoma they say), it has the potential to be turned into fuel for cars, highly nutritious food,cheap tough clothing just to name a few. It Hemp and marijuana could make a real difference to solving energy , hunger and other problems many people in the worlds faith.
in my way of thinking i would call it 'gods drug'

Ever think about how many people had violent tendencies toward their partners and were stopped from doing anything violent cause they chilled out and smoked some weed? Does alcohol not actually do more or less the opposite: ie, make aggressive men more aggresive?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Feb 17

Honestly -
Cartoon shows for adults make me feel kind of sorry for some people.
Why?

Have you seen any non-comic adult animation?
Like "Chico y Rita"?

How much animation have you seen?

Does the adult humour in The Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc go over your head?

F

Moves
28 Feb 17

There is no need for me to dignify your goofy post any further.
'Virgin births' are very common in numerous mythologies and religions from around the world, and mostly predate the Mary story. Are they all true, or is only the Mary story true in your view?