1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 08:55
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    My fave show is south park so this is a mammoth achievement for those bumbarses (parker and Stone )
    Heck it even made it to my country, just 1900kms away. lol

I heard the reaction from the american Mormon spokesperson and his Aussie counterpart.
    Neither were condeming in any way. They seemed to have rehearsed answers of course and I'm thinking they just appreciate the coverage.

What do you guyals think?
    What do I think?

I think this must be the single biggest waste of time ever.

Even Andrew Lloyd Webber couldn't make a "Book of Mormon Musical" interesting.

Unless I have the wrong end of the dog and this is a parody or some other kind of joke.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 09:27
    you can link them to my drug use very easily. I've made a point of being a hemp activist of late. I'm actually shamefull that in my earlier years I would try to hide and deny my marijuana use. After some education on the matter as a whole (socially,economically, historically and scientifically), I have concluded that hemp and marijuana are not just a go ...[text shortened]... Does alcohol not actually do more or less the opposite: ie, make aggressive men more aggresive?
    I know we have discussed this before, but I really do urge caution with your 'cannabis is the drug of God' philosophy.

I fully accept that for some, cannabis does indeed 'chill people out.' However (and this is one big 'however' and one that should not be glossed over) cannabis can also aggravate someone's mental health and cause heightened paranoia which in turn can lead to violence and tragedy. I'm not going to of course, but from a professional capacity I could list a great many individuals who have had severe mental health relapses due to smoking cannabis (or other drugs like khat).

Cannabis is not a 'god drug.' It is a drug, and as a drug it may well have a health application in certain situations, but it also carries serious risk in others.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 09:322 edits
    The book of Mormon musical
    YouTube : Julia Sweeney TED Talk

Her account of an encounter with Mormon missionaries starts at 7 mins 35 seconds.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 09:39
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    cannabis can also aggravate someone's mental health [...] from a professional capacity I could list a great many individuals who have had severe mental health relapses due to smoking cannabis...

Cannabis is not a 'god drug.' It is a drug, and as a drug it may well have a health application in certain situations, but it also carries serious risk in others.
    As a matter of interest, do you know if smoking cannabis can cause mental illness in someone with good mental health?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 11:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    As a matter of interest, do you know if smoking cannabis can cause mental illness in someone with good mental health?
    Not really. (By this I mean I'm uncertain).

The way I explain it, is to think of a drinking glass with a hairline crack. Most glasses can tolerate a firm slam to the table, but the glass with the crack is likely to shatter. - Cannabis can work this way on the mind of a person with a 'mental health weakness,' even if undiagnosed. (A 'hairline crack' if you like in their brain). Where most people can smoke cannabis with no obvious long term effect, and even enjoy the sensation of racing thoughts and the like, somebody with a mental health illness may find that those feelings of racing thoughts and paranoia do not dissipate, even when the cannabis is out of their system. In other words the 'glass has been shattered' and there is no putting it back together again. Trauma is often the catalyst to mental health deterioration, and for some sufferers, cannabis was such a catalyst. - This is also the reason I squirm when I hear people proudly announce cannabis has never caused anyone's death. - I have personally known people who have taken their own lives due to a mental health relapse caused unequivocally by a return to smoking cannabis.

However, as for a glass with no 'hairline crack,' could a slam to the table still cause it to shatter? Could cannabis cause mental illness in someone with good mental health? - I fear the answer might be yes, but could not substantiate that opinion.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 12:04
    I know we have discussed this before, but I really do urge caution with your 'cannabis is the drug of God' philosophy.

I fully accept that for some, cannabis does indeed 'chill people out.' However (and this is one big 'however' and one that should not be glossed over) cannabis can also aggravate someone's mental health and cause heightened paran ...[text shortened]... ell have a health application in certain situations, but it also carries serious risk in others.
    I would think the 'YMMV' warning would kinda go without saying.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Feb '17 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I would think the 'YMMV' warning would kinda go without saying.
    Agreed. Hence the error in referring to cannabis as a God drug. Consequences of use will vary quite considerably.

The comparison with alcohol was also an over simplification. -Cannabis makes you chill and alcohol makes you aggressive. In reality the exact opposite can also be true. I've seen people become extremely aggressive on cannabis, while even a small amount of alcohol makes me relax to such an extent I fall asleep. 🙂
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 23:32
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Why?

Have you seen any non-comic adult animation?
    Like "Chico y Rita"?

How much animation have you seen?

Does the adult humour in The Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc go over your head?
    Maybe he should start with the original pg-rated "Ren and Stimpy's" ?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 23:371 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    What do I think?

I think this must be the single biggest waste of time ever.

Even Andrew Lloyd Webber couldn't make a "Book of Mormon Musical" interesting.

Unless I have the wrong end of the dog and this is a parody or some other kind of joke.
    Waste of time or not (I'm sure I would of like it whether the reviews were good or bad),
    The reviews were universally good, and after months on broadway it made it alt the way to Australia. No mean feat for a musical. So universally good ratings, bums on seats around the world, you may say it's a waste of time but no doubt just as worthy a waste of time as much of the drivel that comes from Hollywood
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 23:431 edit

I fully accept that for some, cannabis does indeed 'chill people out.' However (and this is one big 'however' and one that should not be glossed over) cannabis can also aggravate someone's mental health and cause heightened paran ...[text shortened]... ell have a health application in certain situations, but it also carries serious risk in others.
    Thanks for pulling me up.

I should clarify, amongst hardcore drug user who sniff petrol take all sorts of pills by the handful and see heroin in many cases as the holy grail of drugs , in that contest we tell people "THC is gods drug" . Why do we do this? Because it works. People connect with the message. And instead of someone saying you have to go cold turkey , which ends up with disasterous results (suicide very common here), if these people with extremely harmful lifestyles could just ingest weed instead there would be a lot less health problems.

Doe this clarify anything here for you?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 23:53
    Not really. (By this I mean I'm uncertain).

The way I explain it, is to think of a drinking glass with a hairline crack. Most glasses can tolerate a firm slam to the table, but the glass with the crack is likely to shatter. - Cannabis can work this way on the mind of a person with a 'mental health weakness,' even if undiagnosed. (A 'hairline crack ...[text shortened]... h good mental health? - I fear the answer might be yes, but could not substantiate that opinion.
    "Mental illness" is not properly understood except in severe cases.
    Lokk at the President of the uS.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 23:55
    Agreed. Hence the error in referring to cannabis as a God drug. Consequences of use will vary quite considerably.

The comparison with alcohol was also an over simplification. -Cannabis makes you chill and alcohol makes you aggressive. In reality the exact opposite can also be true. I've seen people become extremely aggressive on cannabis, while even a small amount of alcohol makes me relax to such an extent I fall asleep. 🙂
    Nothing is "true" but in this case I would say that "cannabis makes you more pacafistic than alcohol" is a firm truism
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 23:58
    Point is young people will "experiment" . The more you try to stop them , the worse it is in many cases.
    So please, be careful and if you have to, and it doesn't disagree with you, I recommend cannabis.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 03:48
    Point is young people will "experiment" . The more you try to stop them , the worse it is in many cases.
    So please, be careful and if you have to, and it doesn't disagree with you, I recommend cannabis.
    Many young people do not experiment with drugs.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 04:072 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Many young people do not experiment with drugs.
    But they experiment on their own consiousness via girls,tvs, long drives in cars,etc.

Young people are facsinated by the different forms of consiousness on offer (apparently by our own physiques)

edit: this point is leading somewhere but I doubt you'd care

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree