The book of Revelation

The book of Revelation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 19

@KellyJay

I need to look into it more.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 19

@KellyJay

Sorry. I started reading some information because I couldn't recall the source. Then I realized that it would take more time to research.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Oct 19

@sonship said
@KellyJay

I need to look into it more.
Brother it doesn't matter one way or another, I have several resources here that I could crack on that topic. Only after you said something did I even think about it regardless of the truth of it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Oct 19

@sonship said
@KellyJay

Sorry. I started reading some information because I couldn't recall the source. Then I realized that it would take more time to research.
I didn't look it up in the books I have, but did a search, how valid it is I don't know I am now very curious and will start looking into it.

Name of the Book: REVELATION
Writer: APOSTLE JOHN
Place Written: PATMOS ISLAND
Writing Completed: 96 C. E.
Name of the Book: 1 JOHN
Place Written: EPHESUS, or near
Writing Completed: 98 C. E.
Name of the Book: 2 JOHN
Name of the Book: 3 JOHN
Name of the Book: JOHN

F

Moves
13 Oct 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I didn't look it up in the books I have, but did a search, how valid it is I don't know I am now very curious and will start looking into it.

Name of the Book: REVELATION
Place Written: PATMOS ISLAND
Writing Completed: 96 C. E.
Name of the Book: 1 JOHN
Name of the ...[text shortened]... f the Book: JOHN
Do you really dismiss the prevailing scholarship that contends that the Book of Revelation was not written by the same author or authors as wrote the material attributed to "John the Apostle"?

F

Moves
13 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
Name of the Book: JOHN
Is "John" thought to have written anything during the 60 years after the year in which Jesus was executed?

Moves
13 Oct 19

@sonship said
Once me and two other guys sat in the town center and read aloud about the first four chapters. And we were quite blessed with the enjoyment of doing so.
Why did you do this and what was the outcome?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 19

@divegeester

I said I and two other young men read aloud the book of Revelation. It was late in the center of a small town park. What a memory I have of that night.

Dive asks

Why did you do this and what was the outcome?

For the enjoyment of feeding our spiritual hunger we did it.

For the enjoyment of our oneness as seeking Christians we did it.

The result was that we were encouraged, nourished, built up together in our faith. That was a blessing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 19

@FMF

Do you really dismiss the prevailing scholarship that contends that the Book of Revelation was not written by the same author or authors as wrote the material attributed to "John the Apostle"?

"Prevailing scholarship" meaning what you prefer scholars would tell you.

Moves
13 Oct 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@divegeester
For the enjoyment of feeding our spiritual hunger we did it.
For the enjoyment of our oneness as seeking Christians we did it.
The result was that we were encouraged, nourished, built up together in our faith. That was a blessing.
As I suspected, for self fulfilment.

Why didn’t you just stay at home wit those young men and read it to each other in private?

F

Moves
13 Oct 19

@sonship said
@FMF

"Prevailing scholarship" meaning what you prefer scholars would tell you.
You are well within your rights to disagree with the prevailing scholarship if that is what you want to do. So you prefer to think the Book of Revelation was written by the same author or authors as who wrote the material attributed to "John the Apostle", do you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 19
1 edit

@divegeester

Why didn’t you just stay at home wit those young men and read it to each other in private?

Meeting at home would be good too.
So would meeting in a park.

Do you desire to drive lovers of Christ out of the public square?

"For where there are two or three gathered into My name, there am I in their midst." (Matt. 18:20)

We like to be with the Lord in any place. Any "where" can be a good place for us to build up one another in love.

You imagine evil motives of three young men finding that we all love Jesus and one of us has a Bible we can share ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 19
2 edits

@FMF

I have no problem at all believing that it was the disciple John who was one of the twelve wrote John and Revelation.

What does it do for you to run after an opinion that different authors wrote the two books or maybe six or seven people wrote them both? What benefit do you derive from assuming that?

F

Moves
13 Oct 19
2 edits

@sonship said
What does it do for you to run after an opinion that different authors wrote the two books or maybe six or seven people wrote them both? What benefit do you derive from assuming that?
It is relevant to the credibility and veracity of the claims you make and therefore sheds light on the nature of your faith...

Is your faith comprised of a whole load of details and explanations, which you have convinced yourself are true ~ but which are not actually true.

It's not so much a "benefit" as a simple upshot of your beliefs being examined?

F

Moves
13 Oct 19

@sonship said
I have no problem at all believing that it was the disciple John who was one of the twelve wrote John and Revelation.
Is it important to you to claim that it was the same writer?