1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 13:59
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    You foolish people, cows give enough milk to serve man and calf, and that is their purpose.
    what is the purpose of intestinal worms? or of the ebola virus? if they were designed by the supreme spiritual spirit they must have a purpose
  2. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 14:37
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    what is the purpose of intestinal worms? or of the ebola virus? if they were designed by the supreme spiritual spirit they must have a purpose
    Everything in existence has a purpose, but we may not all ways be able to know it.

I would say that intestinal worms ( and this is me speculating) could be cleaners of the colon, to keep it healthy....I dont actually know.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 15:08
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Just modify this design slightly:
    http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-10/ratcar-tracks-brain-waves-control-movement
    I'm not sure I'm ready to be the Supreme Spiritual Creative Principle yet.
  4. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 15:12
    You foolish people, cows give enough milk to serve man and calf, and that is their purpose.
    Without quoting religious scriptures (because such quotes prove nothing), can you explain how you know this?
    And if you cannot explain this then why are we all “foolish” for not believing this?
    -are we "foolish" for not accepting this mindlessly?
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 15:13
    Everything in existence has a purpose, but we may not all ways be able to know it.

I would say that intestinal worms ( and this is me speculating) could be cleaners of the colon, to keep it healthy....I dont actually know.
    "I dont actually know"

you should have just said this. it would have been better. but then again, this post didn't told me anything i didn't already know.
  6. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 15:18

So, let us get this straight;
    You don't know what the purposes are thus you have no rational to believe there are such purposes and yet you DO believe there are purposes and, despite us also having no rational for believing that there exists such purposes, we are all “foolish people” for not believing there is such purposes?
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 15:48
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    Without quoting religious scriptures (because such quotes prove nothing), can you explain how you know this?
    And if you cannot explain this then why are we all “foolish” for not believing this?
    -are we "foolish" for not accepting this mindlessly?
    You bigot,.... you quote everything you have ever read in your science books, even your false evolution theory, but you say I must not quote Vedanta, and thats like asking an English professor to not quote the dictionary........ you are so dishonest, and your questions are always of the baiting nature, trying to trip me up, stop playing your games.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 15:59
    You bigot,.... you quote everything you have ever read in your science books, even your false evolution theory, but you say I must not quote Vedanta, and thats like asking an English professor to not quote the dictionary........ you are so dishonest, and your questions are always of the baiting nature, trying to trip me up, stop playing your games.
    Science is based on experimentation and observation. It can be proven over and over unlike 'other things'.

P-
  9. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 16:14
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Science is based on experimentation and observation. It can be proven over and over unlike 'other things'.

P-
    You are correct in may cases, but not in all cases, because the science people teach there false science, along with their true science, and since in this forum we are discussing the reality of God and the purpose and need for spiritual knowledge, then when the science people put forward their false teachings, that contradict the truth of God.....then I will challenge them on their dishonesty.
  10. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 16:21
    “...but you say I must not quote Vedanta, ...”

I did not say you must not quote Vedanta; you can quote Vedanta but we could simply ignore such a quote because it would not be a rational premise for your assertions.
    I merely pointed out merely quoting religious scriptures proves nothing.

So, from your response here, I can gather that the only 'premise' (if we are permitted to abuse that word) for you beliefs is not your own reasoning nor evidence but certain religious scriptures.
    And, anyone that choose to reason for ourselves rather than mindlessly just believe those particular religious scriptures (that includes not only me but all atheists and almost all theists on these forums) are all “foolish” and “dishonest” and, oh, and here comes a new one, “bigot” ? -do you really believe that? -so only you alone are honest and not foolish? Don't you think that is extraordinarily arrogant?
  11. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 16:24
    You are correct in may cases, but not in all cases, because the science people teach there false science, along with their true science, and since in this forum we are discussing the reality of God and the purpose and need for spiritual knowledge, then when the science people put forward their false teachings, that contradict the truth of God.....then I will challenge them on their dishonesty.
    “...false science, ...”

I take it that:

“false science” = “science that disproves Vedanta”
  12. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 16:40
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...but you say I must not quote Vedanta, ...”

I did not say you must not quote Vedanta; you can quote Vedanta but we could simply ignore such a quote because it would not be a rational premise for your assertions.
    I merely pointed out merely quoting religious scriptures proves nothing.

So, from your response here, I can gather that the onl ...[text shortened]... only you alone are honest and not foolish? Don't you think that is extraordinarily arrogant?
    But you dont think for yourself, because you just blindly accept the evolution theory,(the books) and then teach or support it as if where true....you haven't researched personally all the archaeological finds and done your own testing on theses finds...have you, NO, you have just accepted the words of others.

So you have just accepted blindly...Why
  13. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 16:56
    But you dont think for yourself, because you just blindly accept the evolution theory,(the books) and then teach or support it as if where true....you haven't researched personally all the archaeological finds and done your own testing on theses finds...have you, NO, you have just accepted the words of others.

“..But you dont think for yourself, ...”

What do you mean by that? -that I am not selfish or what?

“...you just blindly accept the evolution theory,(the books) ...”

I don not accept it “blindly” because such science is based on evidence.

“...the evolution theory,(the books)...”

I do not get is from “books”. I got it from listening about the evidence.

“....you haven't researched personally all the archaeological finds and done your own testing on theses finds...have you, NO, you have JUST accepted the words of others. ...” (my emphasis)

Others have proven evolution for me by doing all that research and discovery for me and documented this proof and so I do not have to personally do all that to prove it nor do I have to do all that to rationally believe it. So why is the acknowledgement of such proof “blind”? I have checked that the evidence has been well documented so nothing “blind” about that!

“...So you have just accepted blindly...Why ...”

Nope, I have just accepted the evidence.
  14. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 17:091 edit

If you read any decent scientific books on evolutionary theory, you will see lots of references. These references are likely to be traced back to other scientific books, which also have references. They eventually can be traced back to scientific journals and the original experiments and discoveries which prove evolutionary theory to be accurate (and there will be many thousands of them).

Each of these papers on any particular experiment will be peer reviewed across the scientific community to be further scrutinised.

Certainly reading any book and accepting what it says without adequate reference will be following it blindly (which will include reading what is said in an evolutionary text book). Even ones with references, you are welcome to look into it further, as you will find all the sources of information. Anything that doesn't make sense, you can contact the relevant people to ask about it.

Where are the references in the Vedanta?
  15. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    22 Oct '10 17:152 edits
    I also need to add that it isn't just atheists that agree with evolutionary theory. Many Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Jews also agree with it, as well as other faiths, as the evidence is far too strong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree