1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 17:50
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “...but the majority of atheists in society behaves like this and you know it.....”

How do you know this and what would cause atheists to behave like this?
    I know it because I see it, and Vedanta explains it.

And they behave like this because they do not have correct knowledge, of why they are even exsiting on this planet in the first place, and they beieve that the aim of life is to persue sense enjoyment.

But sense enjoyment is something that even the hogs, dogs camels and ass,s can obtain.

A dog can have sex in the street, but a person will think he is very advanced because he can have sex in a big bed in a big hotel.

A dog eats what he can find and what his master gives him, but persons think they are very advanced because thay can eat in a fancy restaurant.

People think they are advanced because thay can travel quickly in cars and planes, or they can watch TV on a big screen, but this is not advancement....it just creates artificial life.

The whole world is distracted by artificial life, of fast pace living and sense enjoyment, with no higher goal of their actions.

You look at the city sky line, and see all those sky scrapers, and in all the tall buildings, there are millions of people working in artificial life.......we only really need food and shelter, so what is everyone doing.

Human life is meant for understanding why we are alive, and what is our real purpose for having this thing we call life.

Real religion is meant to inform us of our real purpose in life, but today false religion pampers to the material needs of the people, even telling them that slaughtering innocent cows is ok.
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    09 Nov '10 18:54
    Originally posted by vishvahetu

And they behave like this because they do not have correct knowledge, of why they are even exsiting on this planet in the first place, and they beieve that the aim of life is to persue sense enjoyment.

But sense enjoyment is something that even the hogs, dogs camels and ass,s can obtain.

A dog ...[text shortened]... rs to the material needs of the people, even telling them that slaughtering innocent cows is ok.
    Your view of what you refer to as 'atheistic society' reveals much about you and nothing about the world you live in.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 16:01

A dog ...[text shortened]... rs to the material needs of the people, even telling them that slaughtering innocent cows is ok.
    “....I know it because I see it, ….”

Most people you see would probably be theist because most people are theists.
    Theists and atheists generally have virtually identical everyday desires, emotions etc -they are all human with human flaws and human needs.
    So if you think you “see” this behaviour then you probably are “seeing” it mostly in theists simply because theists make up the majority of the population.
    Tell me, are theists somehow immune from desiring/having money, sex,, sports, eating meat etc?

“...and Vedanta explains it. ...”

Just because some religious nut says something is so doesn't mean it is so.

“...but a person will think he is very advanced because he can have sex in a big bed in a big hotel. ...but persons think they are very advanced because thay can eat in a fancy restaurant ...People think they are advanced because thay can travel quickly in cars and planes, or they can watch TV on a big screen …...”

How do you know “people” think any of these things? -I for one don't.
    Can you read other people's minds?

“,...The whole world is distracted by artificial life, of fast pace living and sense enjoyment, with no higher goal of their actions. ...”

How do you know this? How do you know “people” don't have higher goals? -I for one have higher gaols. Again, can you read other people's minds?
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '10 20:20
    Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
    “....I know it because I see it, ….”

Most people you see would probably be theist because most people are theists.
    Theists and atheists generally have virtually identical everyday desires, emotions etc -they are all human with human flaws and human needs.
    So if you think you “see” this behaviour then you probably are “seeing” it mostly in theist ...[text shortened]... have higher goals? -I for one have higher gaols. Again, can you read other people's minds?
    I have mentioned before many theists are actually atheists, because the last time they whent to church was for a funeral, and they are not practicing spiritual living (there theist in name only) not in action, and the fact that the theists and the atheists have the same desires, and doing the same behavour is hitting the point.

So now you can understand the majority are atheists......because theres pure theism (practicing correctly the bonafide process) and false theism (theist in name only)

Vedanta Sutra is the first, and origion and bonafide spiritual teaching,(others are substitute) and when it explains these things, there is no error.

( your quote mind reading).....when a person has truth they can understand the human condition perfectly, and theists/atheists higher goals are generally for sense gratification, and they mix there so called higher goals with the reward of sense gratification.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 07:58
    I have mentioned before many theists are actually atheists, because the last time they whent to church was for a funeral, and they are not practicing spiritual living (there theist in name only) not in action, and the fact that the theists and the atheists have the same desires, and doing the same behavour is hitting the point.

So now you can understa ...[text shortened]... gratification, and they mix there so called higher goals with the reward of sense gratification.
    Noone believing that there were human beings on Earth billions of years ago can be trusted.
    Times well before the dinosaurs some crackpots think there were intelligent men with technology wandering around.
  6. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 15:441 edit

So now you can understa ...[text shortened]... gratification, and they mix there so called higher goals with the reward of sense gratification.
    “.... many theists are actually atheists ...”

That's a contradiction.
    How can somebody BOTH believe that there is a god AND disbelieve that there is a god?
    -Non of the rest of your post answers this question nor makes sense.

“....So now you can understand the majority are atheists ...”

No, because “.... many theists are actually atheists ...” is a self-contradiction.

“...( your quote mind reading).... “

Yes, and you cannot read our minds and thus you do not know what motivates as -you only make assumptions that I and many others have pointed out as being false for most of us are not into those things you say we are. You still haven't told us what is the premise for these assumptions -unless it is just based on you blind faith in the religious scriptures?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree