1. Standard memberadam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    Ceres
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 12:10
    Originally posted by TheMountainLion
    After an amazing battle that reminded me of the battle in The Lord of the Rings "The Return of the King", all I could think was, "Why would anyone rather see Harry Potter, which is teaching youngster about the arts of black magic, and witchcraft that is against God/Jesus, when they could go and see this awesome Christian movie.
    You're a doofus!
  2. Joined
    01 Aug '07
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 18:22
    Has any one ever read the entire collection of Narnia books? There are deep comparisons between Christianity and the story which unfolds through out the books
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    02 Aug '07 20:06
    Originally posted by Dudefromabove
    Has any one ever read the entire collection of Narnia books? There are deep comparisons between Christianity and the story which unfolds through out the books
    Yes, I have.
  4. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 04:59
    Many, many times - over 40 years. I'm an atheist and it's a wonderful set of works of fantasy. You can take messages out of it, if you want - but one important one is the victory of good over bad (or evil), like any adventure story, cowboy movie, Tolkien or Potter, which has no message - it's just a story with no original plotlines but with a strong imaginative construct.
    If you want to take a Christian message out of Narnia, then feel free to do so. But Narnia stands on its own without it.
    Lewis was an interesting person, being a thinking Christian, unlike so many others. Read The Screwtape Letters.
  5. Standard memberbuffalobill
    Major Bone
    On yer tail ...
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 06:01
    Originally posted by TheMountainLion
    But in the Potter series, the line is not so clear. The "good" guys practice "white magic", while the bad guys practice the "Dark Arts". Readers become fascinated with the magic used (explained in remarkable detail). Yet God is clear in Scripture that any practice of magic is an "abomination" to him. God doesn't distinguish between "white" and "dark" ...[text shortened]... s for you, the LORD your God has not appointed such for you."
    Deut. 18:10-14
    Remarkable detail? It's not a manual.

Soothersayer: a seer or prophet. I guess that about does it for much of the Bible, most notably Revelations which is clearly Satanic.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 08:26
    Read them as a kid. Enjoyed the stories. I didn't cotton on to the Christianity at all then and couldn't care less now.
  7. Joined
    01 Aug '07
    Moves
    03 Aug '07 12:54
    The stories are undoubtedly a perfect piece of literary fiction 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree