1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 18:572 edits
    If anybody wants to know who are accusers simply read the four previous posts and ask yourself the question who is, out of these four, again, making accusations. Simple as can be.

EDIT: The accusations can always be found in their posts. Also their hopping to other accusations during the "debate", and on other occasions, if their initial accusations cannot be maintained. It is their business. Please trust your own judgement in spotting these accusers. You cannot miss them, if you read their posts carefully.
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:02
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    If anybody wants to know who are accusers simply read the four previous posts and ask yourself the question who is, again, making accusations. Simple as can be.
    Then I stand so accused. You, my former friend, are a liar.
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:041 edit
    Originally posted by vistesd
    You, my friend, cannot read.

EDIT: I made some adjustments. Please read my posts again ànd the edits ..... then decide
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:122 edits
    If anybody wants to know who are accusers simply read the four previous posts and ask yourself the question who is, again, making accusations. Simple as can be.
    The thread is an answer to absurd claims made by Lucifershammer and yourself. He claimed that he wanted the "truth" about the Inquistion to be known. Since neither of you have disputed the authenticity of my quote from Canon 3 of the Fourth Lateran Council, it clearly shows that the Church itself pressured secular authorities to "exterminate" heretics. Those who were reluctant to do so were threatened with Church-fomented rebellion against their rule. The idea that the Inquistion was some humanitarian response to the brutality of secular authorities is shown to be patently false by this Church document. The central "truth" about the Inquistion is that it was one part of a wider attempt by the church to combat heresy, by mass murder if necessary (and the Church found it "necessary"😉.

A forthright admission that the Church leaders in the Mifddle Ages made terrible errors of judgment and committed terrible crimes against humanity would be the most effective way for the RCC and its supporters to deal with the undenialable reality. Distorting the facts like LH and yourself have tried to do does the Church no favors.

Did you look at the interrogation of Agnes Francou in the other thread? Do you really think that it was an improvement over prior systems of law? Interesting fact: The Magna Carta, which assured due process of law to all accused and other protections, was promulgated in 1215 the same year as the Fourth Lateran Council was telling secular authorities to 'exterminate" heretics.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:16
    You, my friend, cannot read.

EDIT: I made some adjustments. Please read my posts again ànd the edits ..... then decide
    You are off-topic. Please give your interpretation of Canon 3 of the Fourth Lateran Council.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:182 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The thread is an answer to absurd claims made by Lucifershammer and yourself. He claimed that he wanted the "truth" about the Inquistion to be known. Since neither of you have disputed the authenticity of my quote from Canon 3 of the Fourth Lateran Council, it clearly shows that the Church itself pressured secular authorities to "exterminate" heretic ...[text shortened]... year as the fourth Lateran Council was telling secular authorities to 'exterminate" heretics.
    To make things perfectly clear. You marauder are the accuser whom I was referring to. Truth is only interesting to you if it serves your political purposes. Of course in your slipstream you have a few lapdogs, but I was certainly not pointing at Vistesd in this context.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:19
    I apologise if you felt accused. My fault. It was certainly not my intention.
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:19
    To make things perfectly clear. You marauder is the accuser whom I was referring to. Truth is only interesting to you if it serves your political purposes. Of course in your slipstream you have a few lapdogs, but I was certainly not pointing at Visted.
    I love this forum!
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:22
    To make things perfectly clear. You marauder are the accuser whom I was referring to. Truth is only interesting to you if it serves your political purposes. Of course in your slipstream you have a few lapdogs, but I was certainly not pointing at Visted in this context.
    You continue to be off-topic. But for the record, I defended the RCC more than you did in RBHILL's hate filled threads. Now stay on topic and end the personal attacks.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:22
    Is it not true that you have goats? Is it not true that goats are a pagan sign and a friend to witches? Declare yourself to this tribunal.
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:261 edit
    I apologise if you felt accused. My fault. It was certainly not my intention.
    I read your post before your edits. I can read. I retract my angry statement. The others can speak for themselves, although I don’t think your characterization is accurate. I do explicitly remember, for example, No1 defending the RCC to some of the evangelicals/fundamentalists. But, that is off-topic here.
  12. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:27
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Is it not true that you have goats? Is it not true that goats are a pagan sign and a friend to witches? Declare yourself to this tribunal.
    Kirk, I haven't found a place yet where I wouldn't be a heretic!
  13. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:271 edit
    To all:

My claim was and is that the initial creation of the Inquisition was an improvement in the judicial situation compared to the judicial practises at the time. Thàt, gentlemen, is all.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:30
    To all:

My claim was and is that the initial creation of the Inquisition was an improvement in the judicial situation compared to the judicial practises at the time. Thàt, gentlemen, is all.
    What do you think Agnes Francou would have thought of your claim?

Were the procedures of the Inquistion an improvement over the system used in English courts in the period following the Magna Carta?
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:31
    Kirk, I haven't found a place yet where I wouldn't be a heretic!
    So you confess! Do you prefer Birch or Pine for your funeral pire?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree