1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 16:43
    I've tried to keep quiet, but I just can't hold it in any longer. I have to tell everyone that I find it sickening to watch the church spawn delusions of cannibalism's resplendence. To get right down to it, unlike it, when I make a mistake I'm willing to admit it. Consequently, if—and I'm bending over backwards to maintain the illusion of “innocent until proven guilty”—the church were not actually responsible for trying to twist my words six ways for Sunday, then I'd stop saying that for many people, the church's petty protests have caused substantial pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional distress, post-traumatic stress, sleeplessness, indignities and embarrassment, degradation, injury to reputation, and restrictions on personal freedom. Whew! The only thing they haven't yet caused, surprisingly, is a greater realization that the church's site is a repository of useless up-to-the-minute ephemera. To top that off, we can never return to the past. And if we are ever to move forward to the future, we really have to justify condemnation, constructive criticism, and ridicule of the church and its phlegmatic manifestos.

Some would say that this is a platitude. Would that it were! Rather, the church says that it has its moral compass in tact. This is at best wrong. At worst, it is a lie.

The church's lamentations reek of so much exhibitionism that the smell nauseates me. I mean, think about it. The church is trapped in a vicious cycle. The more opposition to its ventures it faces, the more viperine it becomes. The more viperine it becomes, the more opposition to its ventures it faces. Let me conclude by stating that the crotchety nature of the church's screeds distracts us from the real lessons we could learn from a rigorous critique of its pranks. You can quote me on that.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 21:30
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I've tried to keep quiet, but I just can't hold it in any longer. I have to tell everyone that I find it sickening to watch the church spawn delusions of cannibalism's resplendence. To get right down to it, unlike it, when I make a mistake I'm willing to admit it. Consequently, if—and I'm bending over backwards to maintain the illusion of “innocent un ...[text shortened]... he real lessons we could learn from a rigorous critique of its pranks. You can quote me on that.
    what are these, 'delusions of cannibalism's resplendence'?
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 21:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what are these, 'delusions of cannibalism's resplendence'?
    I assume he's referring to Holy Communion.
  4. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 22:04
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I assume he's referring to Holy Communion.
    Presumably the church he is talking about is the Catholic church. Sounds a bit petulant to me. You OK GKR?

--- Penguin
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jun '14 22:59
    I've tried to keep quiet, but I just can't hold it in any longer. I have to tell everyone that I find it sickening to watch the church spawn delusions of cannibalism's resplendence. To get right down to it, unlike it, when I make a mistake I'm willing to admit it. Consequently, if—and I'm bending over backwards to maintain the illusion of “innocent until ...[text shortened]... om the real lessons we could learn from a rigorous critique of its pranks. You can quote me on that.
    GKR, the text of your original post appears to refer to the extreme misconception from Roman Catholicism. It erroneously teaches that in the "Mass" the bread becomes consecrated and transformed into Christ's actual flesh; and that the wine miraculously becomes His literal blood. I share your outrage; it's bizarre indeed. The Eucharist [or Communion Table] resembles the New Year's custom in Scotland, known as Auld Lang Syne. It's a time to remember departed loved ones and friends to the maximum based on the capacity for love in an individual's soul. Similarly, Christ's mandate in initiating the Communion Service, "Do this in remembrance of me", requires the concentration of believers to focus on the person and work and meaning of His blood as the one acceptable sacrifice for sin [His substitutionary spiritual death for all mankind].
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 01:46
    It's symbolic. Better symbolic blood and flesh than the real thing. Blood is deeply symbolic across the world throughout religion.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 02:15
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It's symbolic. Better symbolic blood and flesh than the real thing. Blood is deeply symbolic across the world throughout religion.
    "Transubstantiation":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiation

Whenever the emphasis is on ceremony, rather than the person, the result is often ritual without reality in many realms.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 06:08
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Presumably the church he is talking about is the Catholic church. Sounds a bit petulant to me. You OK GKR?

--- Penguin
    Ah, sorry for this bit of nonsense. I used a "random rant generator" to create the bollocks in the OP (http://www.pakin.org/complaint), where I used "the church" as the company/organization and selected three paragraphs.

But, yeah, awesome that some were thinking about the Holy Communion when reading about "cannibalism's resplendance".

For a "random rant" it wasn't a bad one, I think. Nice that it mentions "Sunday", "moral compass" and "viperine".

😉
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 06:521 edit
    Ah, sorry for this bit of nonsense. I used a "random rant generator" to create the bollocks in the OP (http://www.pakin.org/complaint), where I used "the church" as the company/organization and selected three paragraphs.

But, yeah, awesome that some were thinking about the Holy Communion when reading about "cannibalism's resplendance".

For a "ra ...[text shortened]... wasn't a bad one, I think. Nice that it mentions "Sunday", "moral compass" and "viperine".

😉
    "I've tried to keep quiet, but I just can't hold it in any longer. I have to tell everyone that I find it sickening to watch the church spawn delusions of cannibalism's resplendence. To get right down to it, unlike it, when I make a mistake I'm willing to admit it..." GKR's Original Post. With six vertical personal pronouns (I) in the first two lines, I took you at your word.

Edit: "Let me conclude by stating that the crotchety nature of the church's screeds distracts us from the real lessons we could learn from a rigorous critique of its pranks. You can quote me on that." GKR's concluding remark.
  10. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 11:47

For a "ra ...[text shortened]... wasn't a bad one, I think. Nice that it mentions "Sunday", "moral compass" and "viperine".

😉
    Pretty good, it did all seem to make a certain kind of sense. The whole text of the rant fitted rather nicely with religions. Glad you're also fine!

I find it quite funny also that GB still doesn't seem to get the joke.

--- Penguin
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 14:07
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Pretty good, it did all seem to make a certain kind of sense. The whole text of the rant fitted rather nicely with religions. Glad you're also fine!

I find it quite funny also that GB still doesn't seem to get the joke.

--- Penguin
    "Spirituality: Debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after."

Jokes: Thread 158151
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 22:06
    I've tried to keep quiet, but I just can't hold it in any longer. I have to tell everyone that I find it sickening to watch the church spawn delusions of cannibalism's resplendence. To get right down to it, unlike it, when I make a mistake I'm willing to admit it. Consequently, if—and I'm bending over backwards to maintain the illusion of “innocent until ...[text shortened]... real lessons we could learn from a rigorous critique of its pranks. You can quote me on that.
    GKR, as a personal favor please employ quotation marks ["I" "I'm" "me"] next time you're motivated to "rant." Thanks.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 22:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    GKR, as a personal favor please employ quotation marks ["I" "I'm" "me"] next time you're motivated to "rant." Thanks.
    Given the number of totally ignored requests of you that you answer peoples questions,
    and structure your responses in a coherent and clear fashion and in plain English...
    I see no reason for anyone here to do you any favours.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    10 Jun '14 22:43
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    GKR, as a personal favor please continue to keep up the good work.

Honest Thanks
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    11 Jun '14 07:28
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    GKR, as a personal favor please continue to keep up the good work.

Honest Thanks
    It’s not that I want to, wolfgang. And I lay awake at nights wondering if I’m doing the right thing.

But I must keep on going.

Not for myself, but for my several RHP-friends.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree