1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 03:572 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Christianity without a practical application is dead and I reject the neo platonic Calvinism which emphasises airy and ethereal elements because of a disdain for flesh and blood.

The Spirit gives life to the mortal body of the saved. This proves that God's full salvation tends to the salvation of man's physical part as well:

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from among the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from among the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who in dwells you." (Rom. 8:11)

Do you see that the Third Person of the Trinity - "the Spirit" cares about the human body? And He will give life to our mortal bodies if we receive Jesus Christ and let Him be the Spirit Who indwells us.

The the Spirit here is the last Adam, Christ, is evident. For the "life giving Spirit" is Jesus Christ:

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

He will dispense divine and eternal life from our innermost being and even swallow up our mortal body. Even before the transfiguration of the body the indwelling Jesus Christ can enliven the fallen, sin filled mortal body, giving it life.

For Paul says that because of the indwelling Spirit giving life the Christian is no debtor to the flesh. Look now at verse 11 and 12 together as a continued thought.

" But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from among the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from among the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who in dwells you. (v.11)

So then, brothers, we are debtors not to the flesh to live according to flesh." (v.12)
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 04:144 edits
    How are we doing ?

The city of water is also the city of the Trinity.
    Where is the Trinity seen in the city of water ?

The Father is in God.
    The Son is in the Lamb.
    The Holy Spirit is in the river of water of life.

" And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal ..."

There is the Third Person of the Trinity, the Holy Spirit.

" ... proceeding out of the throne of God ..."

There is the First Person of the Trinity, God the Father.

" ... the throne of God and of the Lamb."

There is the Second Person of the Trinity, the Son Who is the Redeemer - "the Lamb". God is in the Lamb for Jesus Christ is the incarnation of God.

The city of water is also the city of the Triune God being dispensed INTO man.

"And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street." (Rev. 22:1)

God the Spirit is here.
    God the Father is here within God the Son.
    That is why there are not plural THRONES but "the [singular] throne of God and of the Lamb."

The PEOPLE into whom the Trinity is dispensing Himself is indicated by "the street". Man walks in God, lives God, lives unto God and allows God to live in himself. And the Triune God lives OUT from within man.

This is the fulfillment of the eternal purpose of God and the fulfillment of the very meaning of creation.

In love the saved are built up into the city of water.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 06:58
    Originally posted by sonship
    What does the "water of life"mean ?
    Is it a flood that will put out the flames of your eternal hell?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 11:282 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Is it a flood that will put out the flames of your eternal hell?

It is God's (not mine) eternal fire Matthew 25:42.

"Then He will say also to those on the left, Go away from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels." (Matt. 25:41)

The slander of accusing me to be the creator of "the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels" is a misdirected accusation.

This "eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels" has its origin in God the Preparer of it. And it is not INSIDE of the city of water but is a realm OUTSIDE of the city of water.

This is proved by Revelation 22:14,15.

"Blessed are those who wash their robes that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter by the gates into the city.

Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and makes a lie." (Rev. 22:14,15)

Clearly these representative (not exhaustive) list of sinful people find themselves OUTSIDE the holy city of water. The saved human beings who have "washed their robes" have right to eat of the tree of life and enter INTO the city of water.

We are also told in Revelation 21:27 that the sinful human beings cannot enter into the city.

"And anything common and he who makes an abomination and a lie shall by no means enter into it [b] (the holy city of water) , but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life." (Rev. 21:27)

Inside the city of water man is conformed to the image of Christ.
    Outside in the eternal punishment are those who cannot enter into the city.

There are others outside which are not damned. I will not elaborate on that now. Though I have spoken to it in the past. These ones outside of the city are the nations who are healed by the leaves of the tree of life and who walk in the light of the city of water.

These are not sons of God. They are nations left on the earth who are restored to the state of the innocent and very good Adam and Eve as they were before they fell. Yet also they had not eaten of the tree of life and taken God into them.

Another subject this is really, and not an easy one.

Finally, Revelation 21:8 also locates the lost outside of the city and having their portion in "the second death"

" But the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and fornicators and sorcerers and idolaters and all the false,

their part will be in the lake of fire which burns with fire and brimestone, which is the second death." (Rev. 21:8)

The first word "But" indicates contrast to what has just been previously said -

"And He said to me, They have come to pass. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,

I will give to him who thirsts from the spring of the water of life freely. He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be God to him and he will be a son to Me.

BUT ... the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable ... etc. etc. ... their portion ... the lake of fire and brimestone which is the second death."
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 11:531 edit
    its God's not mine eternal fire...
    No, it's your interpretation.

Same as "city of water" is yours and not God's.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 12:07
    ..what I call the city of water...
    Rev 22:18  For I testify .. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 12:141 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Rev 22:18  For I testify .. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 
    Rajk999, you should be over on The Dioagnosis of Romans 7,8 trying to argue for law keeping obligatory for Christians.

Umm the reason I said - "I CALL" highlights that that is not necessarily a name in the Bible.

Now if I had written "The BIBLE CALLS ... the city of water" then you could REMIND me with Rev. 22:18,

Maybe one day you'll realize that i do try to be careful here what I write.

I call ... the city of water ..."

Since I didn't ADD it to the text of the Bible, your reminder is not necessary, IMO.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 12:17
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, it's your interpretation.

Same as "city of water" is yours and not God's.
    You are in few words mode?

If you want to snipe at me in sparse little snippets, I will likely not exert much labor to reply.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 12:201 edit
    Okay, we have some unhappy posters at my saying "the City of Water".

Well. you have to admit that the water is the divine life.
    So the city of water is the city of life.

The city of water is the city of eternal life.
    Now, who can possibly misunderstand that?

It is a city of eternal life and the eternal life is also signified by "the river of the water of life".

It seems that we have hear some nitpicking objections which are REALLY not that substantial.

Well, let me defend my phrase "city of water" a bit even though that phrase I don't derive literally from the Bible's text.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 12:271 edit
    Grounds for calling New Jerusalem a city of water is because it is so prominent that the drinking of the river of the water of life is for the city.

" And the Spirit and the Bride [the CITY] say, Come! ... let him who is thirsty come; let him who wills take the water of life freely." (See Rev. 22:17)

The "water of life" for drinking in the Bride, the city New Jerusalem, surely makes the city a city of water.

She is a city of God's life. That is a city of God dispensing Himself into man to be united, blended, and mingled with man.

All of man's thirst and hunger for enjoyment is quenched and satisfied in the city of life. All of man's longings is met by being built up together into a corporate expression of the dispensing of the Triune God into man.

So it is a city of thirst quenching water of eternal life.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 12:54

Soon as I read that I knew this was no thread for me.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 12:571 edit
    John wrote the book of Revelation before he wrote the Gospel of John.

In John 7:39 out of the innermost being of all those who receive Christ shall flow rivers of water of life.
    of
    What would you call a city all those who are thus built up together life spiritual life and love ? It is a city of life.

Out from the innermost being of every member of the holy city is flowing the Holy Spirit of God, the divine life imparting Spirit Who is Jesus Christ.

"the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45b)
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 12:59

The city of God, New Jerusalem is definitely a city of the dispensing Triune God.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 12:59
    Okay, we have some unhappy posters at my saying [b]"the City of Water".

Well. you have to admit that the water is the divine life.
    So the city of water is the city of life.

The city of water is the city of eternal life.
    Now, who can possibly misunderstand that?

It is a city of eternal life and the eternal life is also signified by "the riv ...[text shortened]... city of water" a bit even though that phrase I don't derive literally from the Bible's text.[/b]
    There is no "city of water" in the bible, you just made it up. Like someone before you made up the trinity.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 13:001 edit

Sonship posts almost as much error as you lot. It's quite astonishing considering how seemingly well read he is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree