1. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '10 13:002 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    There are dozens of passages where Christ says "I tell you" or "I say unto you". But there is only one passage where he says "I say unto you today". And this is probably becuase adding the word 'today' is unnecessary as the listener will obviously know Christ is saying those words 'today'. It is far more likely that the passage should read .. "Verily I say u ant parts about what we need to do and believe to attain salvation is crystal clear.
    well well, did someone pay your fine and they let you out of purgatory, must have been some squillionaire! 😛
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Nov '10 16:57
    There are dozens of passages where Christ says "I tell you" or "I say unto you". But there is only one passage where he says "I say unto you today". And this is probably becuase adding the word 'today' is unnecessary as the listener will obviously know Christ is saying those words 'today'. It is far more likely that the passage should read .. "Verily I say u ...[text shortened]... ant parts about what we need to do and believe to attain salvation is crystal clear.
    Yes since no punctuatian was used no one can say exactly how Jesus said that statement to the thief. But again because Jesus did not go anywhere "that day" other into the grave for 3 days and then once resurrected and was still on earth for 40 days, the thought that in that "same day" they went to paradise can't be.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Nov '10 17:50
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Yes since no punctuatian was used no one can say exactly how Jesus said that statement to the thief. But again because Jesus did not go anywhere "that day" other into the grave for 3 days and then once resurrected and was still on earth for 40 days, the thought that in that "same day" they went to paradise can't be.
    You are making firm conclusive statements about doctrines which are unclear. Why would the 'thought of going to paradise the same day" appear so farfetched?

Christ gave another story of the Rich Man and Lazarus in which the same thing happened. I know its a story but if it were a false doctrine then Christ would not have used it to illustrate a point. There are other passages which seem to imply going to heaven after a death a possibility for certain people as well.

So its not just one isolated statement. There are several and all along the same vein. You cant simply dismiss it because it sounds like its conflicting with another of your doctrines. eg the separation of soul and body after death. Christ said they are separate and distinct.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Nov '10 18:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    pure genius!
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Nov '10 19:47
    You are making firm conclusive statements about doctrines which are unclear. Why would the 'thought of going to paradise the same day" appear so farfetched?

Christ gave another story of the Rich Man and Lazarus in which the same thing happened. I know its a story but if it were a false doctrine then Christ would not have used it to illustrate a point. The ...[text shortened]... s. eg the separation of soul and body after death. Christ said they are separate and distinct.
    It's not far fetched as it just makes no sense and coundn't have happened in 1 day.
    But now if one goes back to God's timetables where a day can mean a number of different time periods such as a "thousand years" or a life span " Noah's day" or a time period "Creative Day's" then it could apply easily.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Nov '10 18:163 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    pure genius!
    galveston:

====================================
    =====================================

robbie:

==============================
    pure genius!
    ===========================

Where did Jesus go for those three days ? Was it only to a physical grave ?

The Apostle Peter says Jesus went to proclaim something in the realms of the departed spirits:

"For Christ also has suffered once for sins, the Righteous on behalf of the unrighteous, that He might bring you to God, on the one hand being put to death in the flesh, but on the other, made alive in the Spirit;

In which also He went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, who had formerly disobeyed when the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah ..." (1 Peter 3:18-20a)

Christ WENT somewhere then during those days in which His body was in the tomb.

It is in the word of God where the real genius is found.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree