1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 12:57
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    [
    This is an alternative choice to reach your conclusions.

No. The New Testament is fulfillment of prophecy.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 19:58
    Originally posted by sonship
    Wrong... Jesus is not "only a sinless man". He is the sinless son of God.

Yes. He is the Son of God. I didn't contradict this at all. I affirm it.

He, God, impregnated Mary. He is His son and very much qualified to be the lamb for all people.

This Holy Spirit Who is God went in and a God-man came out of Mary.
    Mo ...[text shortened]... s humbling of Himself to take on the form of a man - the submissive and obedient slave of a man.
    This Holy Spirit Who is God went in and a God-man came out of Mary.
    More than just a miraculous birth without a male seed occurred. This conceiving of the Holy Spirit was God the Son going forth from eternity to be clothed in His own creation.

Again your own interpretation. God impregnated Mary by creating "seed" in her.
    The only difference between Jesus and anyone else was he did not inherit the sin nature which is passed through the male.
    He did not exist before. He had a beginning.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 02:579 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Again your own interpretation. God impregnated Mary by creating "seed" in her. The only difference between Jesus and anyone else was he did not inherit the sin nature which is passed through the male.
    He did not exist before. He had a beginning.

Jesus Christ is the mingling of God and man. As God or as the Son of God, He pre-existed the birth of the man Jesus and creation itself. So He is the mingling of the uncreated Eternal God and the creature born physically from Mary and called Jesus.

Your heresy tries to teach that Jesus began at birth. This is only true to a point.
    It was through this Person born that the universe was created:

" God ... has at the last of these days spoken to us in the Son, whom He appointed Heir of all things, through whom also He made the universe;

Who,
    [the Son] being the effulgence of His [God's] glory and the impress of His substance and upholding and bearing all things by the word of His power, having made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high ..." (Hebrews 1:2a,c,3)

Jesus the Son of God made purification of sins.
    Jesus the Son of God sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.
    And Jesus the Son of God has to be the same Person for whom the universe was made. But more than that He is the same Person through Whom the universe was made.

" ... the Son, ... through whom also He made the universe."

So to say Jesus is just like every other made but ONLY without sin is not true.
    For through no other born man in human history does the Bible say that through Him God made the universe.

So, yes, Jesus as a man had a beginning in the miraculous conception and birth in the virgin woman. But YES, also, this Person was the Son of God through whom God created the universe.

So the Person born of Mary was not only sinless. He pre-existed the universe because it was created through Him and for Him.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 03:18
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    I wouldn't have too much respect for a "man" who lets himself be "killed" knowing full well he can resurrect himself with the greatest ease, and arguably never even died.

Come to think of it, I have no respect for people who attempt to make themselves be martyrs.
    I doubt Christ cared about the death in front of Him, there are more than a few men that
    have laid down their lives that did so willingly. That was not what He hated and dreaded,
    it was all the evil things we did that He was about to take on Himself in our place.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 20:40
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I doubt Christ cared about the death in front of Him, there are more than a few men that
    have laid down their lives that did so willingly. That was not what He hated and dreaded,
    it was all the evil things we did that He was about to take on Himself in our place.
    Jesus wanted badly those blessings His death would bring to arrive. He was eager for the accomplishment of those things through His death.

His death and resurrection would release the divine life into people to "cast fire on the earth".

" I have come to cast fire on the earth, and how I wish that it was already kindled!

But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how I am pressed until it is accomplished!" (Luke 12:49,50)

He would not only accomplish redemption. He would also in resurrection be transfigured into the mighty indwelling life giving Spirit to infuse man with the life of God.

" the last Adam became a life giving Spirit " ( 1 Cor. 15:45b)

This is the fire on the earth, if men and women would give themselves to enjoy Christ as the indwelling ZOE life giving Spirit.

See how He said He longed for this baptism of crucifixion that He could accomplish this ?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 21:272 edits
    So Jesus was constrained until His baptism of death was accomplished. He would cast fire on the earth.

Christ also taught that His death was to duplicate upon the earth what He was. i do not mean other incarnations of God in man. But I do mean other God-men via His salvation.

It is a shortsightedness of today's Christianity to see only the forgiveness and redemption was purposed by His death. There is another crucial aspect of the God-man's death - multiplication - the release of the life within Him into others that they too may be the mingling of God and man.

Right here is:

" Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless the grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies it abides alone; but if it dies it bears much fruit." (John 12:24)

The divine life concealed in the ONE grain was not meant to "abide .. alone" God's eternal purpose calls for that life to be released from within the shell of Christ's humanity in His death, and released into men and women. Then the one grain containing the life of God would multiply to be "much fruit" of many grains.

The revelation that terrifies Satan which he seeks to hide from the church - Jesus died not only a redemptive death. He died to be multiplied that He would not "abide ALONE".
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Jul '16 21:31
    We read of God's purpose for our calling and predestination - to be conformed to the image of the Firstborn Son of God.

" Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Rom. 8:29)

The trees, the animals, the mountains and hills, the planets and the galaxies are anxiously waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God. What a high purpose the forgiven sinner is called to, to be a son manifesting the mingling of God and man.

" For the anxious watching of creation eaglery awaits the revelation of the sons of God.

For the creation was made subject to vanity not of its own will, but because of Him who subjected it.

In hope that the creation itself will also be freed from the slavery of corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. " (Rom. 8:19-21)

He died for the manifestation of the sons of God for the liberation of creation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree