1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 00:26
    THE DESERT LION OF ISIS/ISIL

Shakir Wahiyib is a feared enforcer for the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham who does not cover up his face in videos of his killings.

In an army full of masked, black-clad figures, he is the one man who is never shy to show his face. But for those unlucky enough to cross him, the face of Shakir Wahiyib, a feared enforcer for the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, is often the last they will ever see.

The star of a series of grisly jihadist videos, including one in which three men are executed after failing his "Quranic quiz", Wahiyib is one of the few publicly-identified leaders of the shadowy jihadist group that has swept through northern Iraq.

The movement, otherwise known as ISIS, generally instructs its followers to keep their faces masked to minimise the chances of them being tracked down by the Iraqi government. But while its commander-in-chief, Abu-Bakr al-Baghdadi, is even said to disguise himself while meeting fellow commanders, Wahiyib has no such reservations. Showing considerable relish for his work, he grins for the lenses of jihadi cameramen he goes on the rampage with his masked underlings.

Despite his high profile, relatively little is known about the exact background of Wahiyib, who is referred to as the "Desert Lion" by his supporters. However, his tribal surname – Fahdawi – suggests he is from the Anbar-based Albu Fahd tribe, known to US forces as one of the "sinister six" that first allied with al-Qaeda after Saddam Hussein's fall.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2658182/Unmasked-The-public-face-ISIS-terror-army-threatening-destroy-Iraq.html

...the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour... (1 Peter 5:8).
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 00:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]THE DESERT LION OF ISIS/ISIL

[quote] Shakir Wahiyib is a feared enforcer for the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham who does not cover up his face in videos of his killings.

In an army full of masked, black-clad figures, he is the one man who is never shy to show his face. But for those unlucky enough to cross him, the face of Shakir Wahiyib, a ...[text shortened]... ml

...the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour... (1 Peter 5:8).[/b]
    You don't really give a shyte about the people killed, only that you THINK there is some verification of your end of days crap. You are SO compassionate.
  3. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 01:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You don't really give a shyte about the people killed, only that you THINK there is some verification of your end of days crap. You are SO compassionate.
    You know, of course, the RJHinds persona on RHP will never go to the Christian heaven.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 01:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The endtimes crap is not mine; it is from the Holy Bible. I am simply pointing out that what is happening now may have something to do with it. As you have said, we have been waiting for nearly 2,000 years, so it should be getting close by now.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 01:52
    The endtimes crap is not mine; it is from the Holy Bible. I am simply pointing out that what is happening now may have something to do with it. As you have said, we have been waiting for nearly 2,000 years, so it should be getting close by now.
    The world is not scheduled to end for another billion years, and that'll only be the biosphere. The problem I have with this apocalyptic stuff is that a second coming really doesn't make sense. According to the Gospels Christ died on the cross to redeem our sins. The sacrifice has been made, the victory over death has happened and so there really is no point to a second coming. As I understand it Revelation only just made it into the Bible. Sonhouse has presented the interpretation most of the rest of the world have, including the sane Christian world. I don't think that this particular lion in the desert presages the end of times, except for anyone unfortunate enough to become one of his victims.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 02:30
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The world is not scheduled to end for another billion years, and that'll only be the biosphere. The problem I have with this apocalyptic stuff is that a second coming really doesn't make sense. According to the Gospels Christ died on the cross to redeem our sins. The sacrifice has been made, the victory over death has happened and so there really is n ...[text shortened]... rt presages the end of times, except for anyone unfortunate enough to become one of his victims.
    It is not Revelation alone, you dumbass.

"For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. "Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.

(Matthew 24:21-22 NASB)

It is Christ's return that will cut those days short.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 03:36
    It is not Revelation alone, you dumbass.

"For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. "Unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short.

(Matthew 24:21-22 NASB)

It is Christ's return that will cut those days short.
    I didn't say it was only Revelation, although it's the only place where "the end of the world" is a central theme. Anyway, try to cope with the point rather than throwing abuse.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 06:24
    I didn't say it was only Revelation, although it's the only place where "the end of the world" is a central theme. Anyway, try to cope with the point rather than throwing abuse.
    It is called "the great day of the Lord" or "the day of God's wrath" in the Old Testament.
    Near is the great day of the LORD, Near and coming very quickly; Listen, the day of the LORD! In it the warrior cries out bitterly. A day of wrath is that day, A day of trouble and distress, A day of destruction and desolation, A day of darkness and gloom, A day of clouds and thick darkness...

(Zephaniah 1:14-15 NASB)
  9. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 07:52
    What is close to you? Five years? Ten? It'd be great if you could put a figure on it. Also, if all you creationists could agree on that number? Awesome. Then, when that time comes and goes, and nothing happens, perhaps you can join the rest of us here in reality. That would be just great, if you would.

Thanks in advance, a friend.

🙂
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 14:39
    Originally posted by C Hess
    What is close to you? Five years? Ten? It'd be great if you could put a figure on it. Also, if all you creationists could agree on that number? Awesome. Then, when that time comes and goes, and nothing happens, perhaps you can join the rest of us here in reality. That would be just great, if you would.

Thanks in advance, a friend.

🙂
    Do you think I am a prophet?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 15:25
    Do you think I am a prophet?
    Not even close. Troll is what you really are. And I reiterate, you don't give a rats ass about the victims killed, only that you think it proves your stupid bible as being true.

It's been 2000 years and counting and all you have is more troll crap.
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 16:32
    It is called "the great day of the Lord" or "the day of God's wrath" in the Old Testament.
    Near is the great day of the LORD, Near and coming very quickly; Listen, the day of the LORD! In it the warrior cries out bitterly. A day of wrath is that day, A day of trouble and distress, A day of destruction and desolation, A day of darkness and gloom, A day of clouds and thick darkness...

(Zephaniah 1:14-15 NASB)
    You still haven't answered the question. What is the need for a second coming?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 16:36
    It makes a great story plot.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 17:06
    I told you that His coming is needed to cut short the time of trouble that is coming on the earth so that some humans will be saved alive (Matthew 24:22).
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 17:30
    I told you that His coming is needed to cut short the time of trouble that is coming on the earth so that some humans will be saved alive (Matthew 24:22).
    That is not an adequate answer. The victory over death has happened so what happens in the world is secondary. If there's a "time of trouble" so bad it drives us into extinction then we'll all go to heaven or hell and that will be the end of it. There is no reason for a personal appearance within Christian theology.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree