The desert lion of isis/isil

The desert lion of isis/isil

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Oct 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
That is not an adequate answer. The victory over death has happened so what happens in the world is secondary. If there's a "time of trouble" so bad it drives us into extinction then we'll all go to heaven or hell and that will be the end of it. There is no reason for a personal appearance within Christian theology.
Scripture must be fulfilled

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
19 Oct 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Scripture must be fulfilled
Why?

w

Moves
19 Oct 14

Why?
Why not?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Oct 14
1 edit

That is not an adequate answer. The victory over death has happened so what happens in the world is secondary. If there's a "time of trouble" so bad it drives us into extinction then we'll all go to heaven or hell and that will be the end of it. There is no reason for a personal appearance within Christian theology.
Sure there is. Christ is coming to win the final battle and have victory over Satan and his lieutenant the AntiChrist. If it were not for this, the AntiChrist could win the battle and this cannot happen. God's representative on Earth must come and battle Satan's representative on Earth. It is fulfillment of prophecy. After this, then the Judgement.

Also, the Hebrews are still looking for their Messiah. They didn't believe Jesus was the Messiah because it was written that the Messiah would save them. They were thinking of face value in a material sort of way and not spiritually and they thought this must mean to be victorious over and save them from their oppressors. Well, with the second coming of Christ, the Jews will finally get their long-awaited Warrior-Messiah.

D

Moves
19 Oct 14
2 edits

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Oct 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I am referring to "the Desert Lion" of ISIS/ISIL and not a film called "Lion of the Desert". Shakir Wahiyib, who is called "the Desert Lion" by his followers, is the leading executioner and enforcer for the Islamic State. He does not not hide his face as most other terrorist do.

D

Moves
19 Oct 14

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Oct 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The Biblical text I quoted refers to the devil. However, he has certain influences on people that gives them aspects of his character. This Muslim leader, known as "the Desert Lion" has been reported to have brutally beheaded and crucified Christains in what I consider a devilish manner of the fierceness of wolves and lions as is foretold in scripture.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
20 Oct 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Sure there is. Christ is coming to win the final battle and have victory over Satan and his lieutenant the AntiChrist. If it were not for this, the AntiChrist could win the battle and this cannot happen. God's representative on Earth must come and battle Satan's representative on Earth. It is fulfillment of prophecy. After this, then the Judgement.

...[text shortened]... with the second coming of Christ, the Jews will finally get their long-awaited Warrior-Messiah.
Hi Suzianne, that represents a far better answer than RJ gave, although I'm still not satisfied. There's an assumption in what you've written that Satan and the AntiChrist have access to this world. Granted I'm an agnostic and don't believe this stuff, but if I did I'd be saying the same thing. The final battle has been won. Christ died on the cross to redeem our sins and that is all that is necessary. Prophecy does not automatically have to be fulfilled. Judgement is individual and does not all have to happen at the same time.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 14
3 edits

Why?
"How then will the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say that it must happen this way?"

(Matthew 26:54 NASB)

For these things came to pass to fulfill the Scripture, "NOT A BONE OF HIM SHALL BE BROKEN." And again another Scripture says, "THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED."

(John19:36-37 NASB)

“But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. “And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. “And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

(Matthew 24:29-31 NASB)

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
20 Oct 14

"How then will the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say that it must happen this way?"

(Matthew 26:54 NASB)

For these things came to pass to fulfill the Scripture, "NOT A BONE OF HIM SHALL BE BROKEN." And again another Scripture says, "THEY SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY PIERCED."

(John19:36-37 NASB)

“But immediat ...[text shortened]... ect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

(Matthew 24:29-31 NASB)
Stop quoting random bits of scriptural imagery and try to argue the point in your own words. What is the point in a second coming if the first one did all that we need it to do?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 14

Stop quoting random bits of scriptural imagery and try to argue the point in your own words. What is the point in a second coming if the first one did all that we need it to do?
There are still things that need to be done. For example, the Jews have not yet accepted Jesus as their Messiah and Satan has not yet been thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
20 Oct 14

There are still things that need to be done. For example, the Jews have not yet accepted Jesus as their Messiah and Satan has not yet been thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone.
Well, when people don't want to share your religion then that's their call. The normal imagery of Hell would mean that Satan already is in that kind of realm. Although it's irrelevant as if Christianity is right then the victory over death has happened. Why do you expect further intervention?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Oct 14

Well, when people don't want to share your religion then that's their call. The normal imagery of Hell would mean that Satan already is in that kind of realm. Although it's irrelevant as if Christianity is right then the victory over death has happened. Why do you expect further intervention?
I believe the Holy Bible.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Oct 14

I told you that His coming is needed to cut short the time of trouble that is coming on the earth so that some humans will be saved alive (Matthew 24:22).
That there will be a time of troubles for the human race is all but certain. What is also certain is nobody is coming down from your so-called deity to fix all our boo boo's. We have made our own beds and will lie in them live or die by our own hands. What I expect is when the real crunch comes, billions will starve and we will lose the technology we have gained over the last 400 years and be back to the 10th century, where people like you will be kings again and will force feed us the religion of the day. And so it has gone and so it will go. No help from your so-called fake god.