1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 09:54
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    egypt was never made desolate by the hand of nebuchadnezzar for 40 years.
    nebuchadnezzar was only able to vassalize egypt for a little while but egypt later returned in power and subjugated babylon.

sour is tyre in the arabic language. the city is called tyre and it is on the same mass as the ancient city of tyre. further, you raise a moot point sin ...[text shortened]... NO city would be built there. ever.

when will you stop making excuses for your lying god?
    Taken from a history book concerning Trye.

Alexander the Great ... reduced [Tyre] to ruins (332 B.C.). She
    recovered in a measure from this blow, but never regained the place she
    had previously held in the world. The larger part of the site of the once
    great city is now bare as the top of a rock -- a place where the fishermen
    that still frequent the spot spread their nets to dry.

Myers, Philip Van Ness. General History for Colleges and High Schools.
    Boston: Ginn and Company, 1889.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 10:04
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Taken from a history book concerning Trye.

Alexander the Great ... reduced [Tyre] to ruins (332 B.C.). She
    recovered in a measure from this blow, but never regained the place she
    had previously held in the world. The larger part of the site of the once
    great city is now bare as the top of a rock -- a place where the fishermen
    that still frequent the ...[text shortened]... Philip Van Ness. General History for Colleges and High Schools.
    Boston: Ginn and Company, 1889.
    Anything more up to date than the 19th Century?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 10:284 edits
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    i didn't feel the need to mention it because the present day city of tyre covers a large part of the original island.

please do some research before embarrassing yourself.
    so the actual city that was prophesied against is where? underneath the sea, EPIC FAIL
    to discredit biblical prophecy. It covers a large part, oh dear, how not very accurate.
    Can you say how much? Is the prophecy only partly true then? what of the ancient
    Phonecian city, can you tell us how much of it remains and where it can be found,
    thanks in advance - robbie.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 10:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so the actual city that was prophesied against is where? underneath the sea, EPIC FAIL
    to discredit biblical prophecy. It covers a large part, oh dear, how not very accurate.
    Can you say how much? Is the prophecy only partly true then?
    The prophecy is quite obviously a dud, robbie. Are we to measure the value of the spiritual insight you have to offer your fellow humans in terms of your willingness to get involved in tabloid blogosphere sophistry such as this?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 10:411 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The prophecy is quite obviously a dud, robbie. Are we to measure the value of the spiritual insight you have to offer your fellow humans in terms of your willingness to get involved in tabloid blogosphere sophistry such as this?
    Where is the ancient Phonecian city FMF, if you please. I would be pleased if you kept
    me out of this, its not about me, is it.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 10:45
    Where is the ancient Phonecian city FMF, if you please. I would be pleased if you kept
    me out of this, its not about me, is it.
    Tyre was rebuilt. The prophecy is a dud. Do you hawk this kind of stuff door to door? 🙂
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 10:47
    The prophecy is quite obviously a dud??? Oh really, perhaps we shall examine its
    details,

(Zechariah 9:3-4) . . .And Tyre proceeded to build a rampart for herself, and to pile
    up silver like dust and gold like the mire of [the] streets.  Look! Jehovah himself will
    dispossess her, and into the sea he will certainly strike down her military force; and
    in the fire she herself will be devoured.

which part of this prophecy is a dud, FMF, do tell, that Tyres military force was not
    pitched into the sea, that it was not burned with fire? Do tell.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 10:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Tyre was rebuilt. The prophecy is a dud. Do you hawk this kind of stuff door to door? 🙂
    No the ancient Phonecian city of Tyre has not been rebuilt FMF, its a desolate ruin,
    underneath the sea, how desolate do you want a city uninhabited underneath the sea
    to become FMF.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 10:521 edit
    No the ancient Phonecian city of Tyre has not been rebuilt FMF, its a desolate ruin,
    underneath the sea, how desolate do you want a city uninhabited underneath the sea
    to become FMF.
    My sister has been to Tyre. The city got rebuilt. Look, it's OK. If this is the kind of stuff your superstition is built upon, then you are welcome to it.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 10:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    My sister has been to Tyre. The city got rebuilt. Look, it's OK. If this the kind of stuff your superstition is built upon, then you are welcome to it.
    the ancient Phonecian city FMF, where is it and how desolate is it? Uninhabited, yup,
    after all, its underneath the sea, desolate, you bet, its underneath the sea. Why you
    continue to attempt to make it personal is perhaps an indication of being bereft of
    reason. Your sister has not been to the ancient Phonecian city of Tyre, its underneath
    the sea, she has been to a Lebanese city built on a peninsula. Why you cannot make
    the distinction, I cannot say.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 11:03
    the ancient Phonecian city FMF, where is it and how desolate is it? Uninhabited, yup,
    after all, its underneath the sea, desolate, you bet, its underneath the sea. Why you
    continue to attempt to make it personal is perhaps an indication of being bereft of
    reason. Your sister has not been to the ancient Phonecian city of Tyre, its underneath ...[text shortened]... n to a Lebanese city built on a peninsula. Why you cannot make
    the distinction, I cannot say.
    There is no Phoenicia anymore. The "ancient city of Tyre" is now the "modern city of Tyre". Does this kind of stuff really pass for "spirituality" for you?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 11:102 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    There is no Phoenicia anymore. The "ancient city of Tyre" is now the "modern city of Tyre". Does this kind of stuff really pass for "spirituality" for you?
    the ancient Phonecian city is now the modern city, ?? no its not, nothing exists of the
    ancient Phonecian city, did I mention its underneath the sea? If there are any ruins
    they are Greco-Roman or from the period of the crusaders, not the Phonecian city
    which was destroyed and is where, underneath the sea. Is this the best you can do
    FMF, does this kind of stuff really pass among the populace for a refutation of a Biblical
    prophecy, how lacking in integrity.

Did Alexander come along and pitch the city destroyed by Nebuchandezzar into the
    sea, build a causeway and destroy the ancient Phonecian city (not the modern
    Lebanese city) so that its now uninhabited and desolate?
  13. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 11:11
    The more pertinent question would be, how many cities of the ancient Levant and Near East were not destroyed at some point?!

Pretty low i reckon, i would guess that all the major trading cities were destroyed at least once.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 11:151 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The more pertinent question would be, how many cities of the ancient Levant and Near East were not destroyed at some point?!

Pretty low i reckon, i would guess that all the major trading cities were destroyed at least once.
    Another FAIL! the actual manner in which the Phonecian city of Tyre would be
    destroyed is well documented, the Bible is unerring it providing details, not some
    haphazard, you might be destroyed or you might not.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '12 11:18
    the ancient Phonecian city is now the modern city, ?? no its not, nothing exists of the
    ancient Phonecian city, did I mention its underneath the sea? If there are any ruins
    they are Greco-Roman or from the period of the crusaders, not the Phonecian city
    which was destroyed and is where, underneath the sea. Is this the best you can do
    FMF, ...[text shortened]... ncient Phonecian city (not the modern
    Lebanese city) so that its now uninhabited and desolate?
    The city of Tyre was rebuilt. It isn't a Phoenician city now. There is no Phoenicia. It had already been rebuilt in the Greco-Roman times and from the period of the Crusaders, as you have apparently inadvertently conceded. Does this kind of stuff really pass among the Christian populace as a Biblical prophecy come true? Whatever floats your boat, robbie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree