1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 16:04
    Is the Devil somehow behind all other religions outside of Christianity ? Was Buddha, and Krishna, and any other religious icon somehow the pawns of Satan in trying to lead the poor ignorant sinners to Hell ? Are all religions outside of Christianity instruments of the Devil ?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Sep '09 19:15
    Originally posted by buckky
    Is the Devil somehow behind all other religions outside of Christianity ? Was Buddha, and Krishna, and any other religious icon somehow the pawns of Satan in trying to lead the poor ignorant sinners to Hell ? Are all religions outside of Christianity instruments of the Devil ?
    It seems like a rigged question. You may as well say, according to Christianity all non-Christian religions are caused by the Christian conception of the devil. And I'm sure all other religions would disagree with the statement.
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 00:34
    Please read the Tao T'Ching written by Lao Tsu around 500 B.C.E.
    It is an easy matter of logic to dismiss the Christian concept of "salvation".
    Christianity might just be a tool of your Devil.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 04:42
    Christianity has a more checkered history than hinduism or bhuddism ,IMO,. This is mainly due to those other religon's non-violent stance on matters. Also the flxibility of those religons. Eg. When the bhudda came along and preached his doctrine of suffering and the way to overcome it, the Hindus just went "well we'll just have to make this bhudda guy our 16th avatar. Now to my way of thinking , thats sane.
  5. England
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 11:02
    the evil one has many names, in other faiths some have many gods.
    even christians have a few names for the devil, and of jesus we call =the lamb of god, christ, son of god, the blessed heart,
    but the devil did notmake them do it
  6. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 16:35
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Please read the Tao T'Ching written by Lao Tsu around 500 B.C.E.
    It is an easy matter of logic to dismiss the Christian concept of "salvation".
    Christianity might just be a tool of your Devil.
    I was just reading Lao Tso the other day. I agree with you on the Christian distortion.
  7. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 16:38
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Christianity has a more checkered history than hinduism or bhuddism ,IMO,. This is mainly due to those other religon's non-violent stance on matters. Also the flxibility of those religons. Eg. When the bhudda came along and preached his doctrine of suffering and the way to overcome it, the Hindus just went "well we'll just have to make this bhudda guy our 16th avatar. Now to my way of thinking , thats sane.
    You are right on target my friend. I have no idea if the East has all the answers but they sure don't rub me like the Christian do. The see it my way or rot in Hell way seems anti spiritual to me.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 17:15
    You are right on target my friend. I have no idea if the East has all the answers but they sure don't rub me like the Christian do. The see it my way or rot in Hell way seems anti spiritual to me.
    No one has all the answers , though they may have 'complete' answers. No one has a monopoly on the truth.
    Consider a zen monastary's atittude. (It is claimed that the zen masters have attained 'christ-conciousness'.) They do not preach their apparent wisdom to anyone. They do not ask anyone to come to their monastaries and they certainly dont go door knocking from house to house. If you want to find out,you must go there , and then, upon the abbots discretion you may be allowed to stay on and study...or not.
  9. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 17:23
    buddism requires no belief in deity, nor does it require disbelief, it is more of a philosophy than a religion
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 17:292 edits
    Originally posted by duecer
    buddism requires no belief in deity, nor does it require disbelief, it is more of a philosophy than a religion
    Bhuddism has different forms. One is a way of devotion where you 'take refuge' in Amhitaba Bhudda. So in that way there is a diety.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 00:522 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Bhuddism has different forms. One is a way of devotion where you 'take refuge' in Amhitaba Bhudda. So in that way there is a diety.
    Are you talking about Pure Land?
    Devotional Buddhism never made any sense to me.

What's interesting is to draw a parallel between Siddhārtha Gautama / Pure Land and Jesus / Christianity. In both the teachings of the original teacher are superseded by devotion. Guatama and Jesus taught that you must change you. Pure Land and Christianity teach that you need only believe/worship. Both hijacked followers from their nominal leader with Christianity getting a much bigger share.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 03:55
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Are you talking about Pure Land?
    Devotional Buddhism never made any sense to me.

What's interesting is to draw a parallel between Siddhārtha Gautama / Pure Land and Jesus / Christianity. In both the teachings of the original teacher are superseded by devotion. Guatama and Jesus taught that you must change you. Pure Land and Christianity teach tha ...[text shortened]... oth hijacked followers from their nominal leader with Christianity getting a much bigger share.
    How do you differentiate between devotion to Christ, devotion to KRSNA , or Bhuddist devotion? I'd be interested to know.

Seems the people that I know that are into devotion dont like questions about their faith...
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 11:03
    From your point of view of course they are not, they are just another versioned symptom of the sickness that all theists suffer from aren't they?

From inside Christianity, the teaching is that there is only ONE NAME by which men can be saved. However unpalatable that is for an enquirer, it is what is written on the menu. If the enquirer doesn't like it they must exercise their freedom of choice.
  14. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 14:09
    Originally posted by stoker
    the evil one has many names, in other faiths some have many gods.
    even christians have a few names for the devil, and of jesus we call =the lamb of god, christ, son of god, the blessed heart,
    but the devil did notmake them do it
    Yeah. Generally the evil one is called Mother in law.
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 14:09
    Boom boom.

Damn. If that's the level I have to scoop to, I'm off to play with my dingdong instead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree