1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 14:134 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    How do you differentiate between devotion to Christ, devotion to KRSNA , or Bhuddist devotion? I'd be interested to know.

Seems the people that I know that are into devotion dont like questions about their faith...
    I'm not sure what you're looking for here, but I'll take a stab at it. What they have in common is the concept that if you believe / worship ardently enough and / or in the "correct" manner, you will get a reward. It's not unlike a child "wishing upon a star". The things that are different are what you "wish upon", how you wish upon it and the reward.

I think the reason people who "are into devotion don't like questions about their faith" is that it is superficial. If they dig too deep, they'll have to fact the fact that "faith" is built upon wishes.
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 19:55
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I'm not sure what you're looking for here, but I'll take a stab at it. What they have in common is the concept that if you believe / worship ardently enough and / or in the "correct" manner, you will get a reward. It's not unlike a child "wishing upon a star". The things that are different are what you "wish upon", how you wish upon it and the reward.
    ...[text shortened]... y dig too deep, they'll have to fact the fact that "faith" is built upon wishes.
    The evidence from the Bible is that Jesus would not have shared this view and valued faith highly.

Also , grace undermines the wish/reward thing because no amount of devotion or correctness can earn a man his salvation - because it's a gift. Grace is an altogether more mature approach.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 22:17
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    ...[text shortened]... y dig too deep, they'll have to fact the fact that "faith" is built upon wishes.
    I was looking for your views. Thnx. I love the name Think of One but I love 'Think of Zero' even better. Not that I'm ever satissfied ,or that I wont change my mind...

So you think the three examples I mentioned all have the same kind of devotional aspect. (Like is faith in Jesus the same as faith in KRSNA.If not, how would it differ?) I ask you about the christian faith, as I know little about it as opposed to the Hare-Krsna's , for example.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree