The Divine right of Kings

The Divine right of Kings

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jan 16
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
No I am not praying for those Muslim demons.
I asked if you were praying for Syrian refugees.
Do you mean to reply, No, because they are all Muslim demons ?

What do you think James meant when he wrote under divine inspiration -

Berean Literal Bible
for man's anger does not produce the righteousness of God.

New American Standard Bible
for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God.

King James Bible
For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

That is James 1:20. Do you think your aggravated hatred and anger will accomplish God's righteousness ? It sounds like you just want the Father to bless your natural fury.

Effective petition can be killed by human anger. Paul said "Be angry and do not sin. Do not let the sun go down on your anger." (Eph. 4:26) .

In this matter we need self control and empowering of the Holy Spirit.
To bind the demons, we need to be able to have our prays touch the throne of God.
And for the word to reach those locked out of it, we need petitions that touch the throne of God.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Jan 16
2 edits

Originally posted by sonship
I asked if you were praying for Syrian refugees.
Do you mean to reply, No, because they are all Muslim demons ?

What do you think [b]James
meant when he wrote under divine inspiration -

[quote] Berean Literal Bible
for man's anger does not produce the righteousness of God.

New American Standard Bible
for the anger of man do ...[text shortened]... nd for the word to reach those locked out of it, we need petitions that touch the throne of God.[/b]
As I understand it, Syrian Muslim refugees were the ones raping all those German women. Certainly, I believe in controlling my anger so it is directed toward those Muslim monsters and not Syrian Christians. But I don't believe in giving all of them a pass just because of something James said. Those Terrorists deserve the wrath of God and I believe we should be willing to carry out God's judgment on them, if necessary. 😏

rc

Moves
14 Jan 16
1 edit

As I understand it, Syrian Muslim refugees were the ones raping all those German women. Certainly, I believe in controlling my anger so it is directed toward those Muslim monsters and not Syrian Christians. But I don't believe in giving all of them a pass just because of something James said. Those Terrorists deserve the wrath of God and I believe we should be willing to carry out God's judgment on them, if necessary. 😏
Actually dude they were considered to have been North African, Syria is like in the middle East.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Jan 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Actually dude they were considered to have been North African, Syria is like in the middle East.
Islam is an evil religion inspired by Satan and his demons, so it really does not matter to me if they are from North Aftica or Syrian. 😏

r

Moves
15 Jan 16

[b] Praise Jehovah you people!!!
-------------------------------------------------

I do. I do.

Concerning the rights of Kings 1 Samuel 8:5,8,9,18,19 could be considered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good verses. I read them. OK.

Jehovah allowed the people ...[text shortened]... s up to God. Would you agree that this was an exemplary characteristic of David with King Saul ?
Excellent observation. Kudoes!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16
3 edits

As I understand it, Syrian Muslim refugees were the ones raping all those German women.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a common enemy when it comes to the regaining of this planet for Christ.
Calm yourself and at least include this in your considerations -

Maybe, the return of Christ is brought closer by the salvation of multitudes of these people. And possibly Satan would give God's people with just enough information to keep them from sharing God's desire that many be saved.

Yes, what could more disgust us then the sexual misconduct of some of these people.
I am saying, as Paul said " ... we are not ignorant of his [Satan's] devices". Some of the watching Christians have to seek God as to how He wants us to react.

We should bring our reaction to God as we bring everything under His Lordship. And we don't want to play right into the hands of His enemy.

"That we may not be taken advantage of by Satan, for we are not ignorant of his schemes." (2 Cor.2:11)

This is a strategic matter in the spiritual warfare. Does our reaction accomplish what God wants to do? Or does our reaction prolong a powerful coordination between the church and the Lord ?

Certainly, I believe in controlling my anger so it is directed toward those Muslim monsters and not Syrian Christians.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am concerned before God about those Syrians who are not yet Christians.
When news around the world comes, I want to bring my reactions under the leading of the Holy Spirit. The enemy is too subtle. This is not giving a pass to guilty persons.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16
1 edit

But I don't believe in giving all of them a pass just because of something James said. Those Terrorists deserve the wrath of God and I believe we should be willing to carry out God's judgment on them, if necessary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, we may look to God judging righteously. But the great commission of Christ to the disciples was to go to all the world and make disciples of Jesus from all nations immersing them into the Triune God (Matt. 28:19). His final charge was not about the disciples going into all the world to execute God's judgment.

I will include in my considerations the subtly of the enemy to cause the followers of Jesus to morph His great commission into something of the flesh, of the fallen soul. This would prolong Christ's will.

And we should want to not only EXPECT but HASTEN the coming of the day of the Lord rather than prolong it.

"Expecting and hastening the coming of the day of God, ... " (See 2 Peter 3:12)

Paul set himself up as a pattern of God's longsuffering, being something of a repentant terrorist himself.

" ... He has counted me faithful, appointing me to the ministry,

Who formerly was a blasphemer and a persecutor and an insulting person, but I was shown mercy because, being ignorant, I acted in unbelief.

And the grace of our Lord superabounded with faith and love in Christ Jesus. ... Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am foremost.

But because of this I was shown mercy that in me, the foremost, Jesus Christ might display all His long-suffering for a pattern to those who are to believe on Him unto eternal life."
(See entire section of First Timothy 1:12-16 )

Include in your consideration that among even blasphemers, insulting, persecuting, persons acting ignorantly in unbelief in Christ, God may gain some who turn to become totally dedicated persons for the kingdom of God.

rc

Moves
15 Jan 16

Islam is an evil religion inspired by Satan and his demons, so it really does not matter to me if they are from North Aftica or Syrian. 😏
Yes but either the source of your information cannot be trusted or you dogged Geography at school, either way, your statement was inaccurate.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
15 Jan 16
1 edit

RC and I have not had many (any? 😛 ) constructive conversations on this site, but for once I find the subject matter interesting.

I don't believe his basic question ( as I understand it) has been answered. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that he asks:

1. Where in the Bible did the DRofK originate?
with the (implied) follow up questions:

2. Was it a valid doctrine that still applies today?

3. If not, why not? Did God change his mind?

Here are my thoughts on this matter.

Clearly, the DRofK doctrine is based on biblical teachings, such as the passages quoted (especially OT). It held sway until the Enlightenment and French Revolution. (The fact that the actual words are not in the Bble, is neither here nor there.)

So is the doctrine true? Of course not. It is (was) one of the most abusive and repulsive forms of power exercised by a leader.

Now to claim that God ORIGINATED and Implemented that Rule, causes serious problems when we note that it was later justifiably found to be defective and hence overthrown.

That brings us to the critical point of what it actually IS that the Bible records. It is NOT the ultimate, verbal Word of God, but writings which holy men of their day recorded as worthy of preservation. That included historical records, cultural habits, poetical writings and myths, as well as doctrine amongst other things.

The DRofK was in the category of recording the cultural and historical reality of the day. That was the way people governed themselves, and (more importantly) believed that God wanted them to govern themselves.

When later it was apparent that David was the first of very few "just" kings, and the vast majority where tyrannical dictators, mankind chose other forms of government, e.g. democracy.

Of course, the ancient but still popular Armenianism vs Calvinism debate applies here. In one sense, God IS responsible for everything that happens, especially the appointment of modern "kings" ( read : Presidents?) but in that same way he is also responsible for everything else, e.g. whether the bus is on time this morning or which way the wind blows. But that is a subject for another debate.

I would further see the DRofK as a cultural institution which was ostensibly sanctioned, even instituted, by God, in the similar light as slavery, about which there already have been several threads.

Just saying.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16
1 edit

Caljust, thanks arranging your thoughts in a substantive contribution to a not too easy subject. I'll think about it.

Someone put it - "Government is better than no government. Good government is better than bad government. God's government is best of all."

r

Moves
15 Jan 16

Caljust, thanks arranging your thoughts in a substantive contribution to a not too easy subject. I'll think about it.

Someone put it - "Government is better than no government. Good government is better than bad government. God's government is best of all."
A good observation.
But why won't the governments of the Earth accept God's Government?
(Psalm 2:1-12) Why are the nations agitated And the peoples muttering an empty thing?  2 The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.  3 They say: “Let us tear off their shackles And throw off their ropes!”  4 The One enthroned in the heavens will laugh; Jehovah will scoff at them.  5 At that time he will speak to them in his anger And terrify them in his burning anger,  6 Saying: “I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain.”  7 Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah; He said to me: “You are my son; Today I have become your father.  8 Ask of me, and I will give nations as your inheritance And the ends of the earth as your possession.  9 You will break them with an iron scepter, And you will smash them like a piece of pottery.” 10 So now, you kings, show insight; Accept correction, you judges of the earth. 11 Serve Jehovah with fear, And rejoice with trembling. 12 Honor the son, or God will become indignant And you will perish from the way, For His anger flares up quickly. Happy are all those taking refuge in Him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by roigam
A good observation.
But why won't the governments of the Earth accept God's Government?
(Psalm 2:1-12) Why are the nations agitated And the peoples muttering an empty thing?  2 The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.  3 They say: “Let us tear off their shackles And throw ...[text shortened]... perish from the way, For His anger flares up quickly. Happy are all those taking refuge in Him.
Thankyou. Praise the Lord Jesus.

We can be positionally saved forever.
Then once being justified we can be organically saved in His life.
That means of course that Jesus is alive, available, experiencial, and able to actually live in us.

This is one of my favorite passages from Romans to prove this TWO STEP procedure of God's full salvation. That is we are saved from His wrath - justified. The being so justified we are saved in the realm of His living presence - saved in His life. And that much more.

" For we, being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be saved in His life, having been reconciled." ( Rom. 5:10)

Positionally - Justified / Reconciled
Dispositionally - Organically saved in His life

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16

Brother Witness Lee on Transformation for the next age:

Christian living involves a daily process of transformation. The Bible says that man was created from the dust of the ground: “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul” (Gen. 2:7). One day the heavenly flow with the divine mineral entered into our being. This divine mineral is the divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4), and the water is the divine life, the divine Spirit. Once this living water came into us, it began to wash away our natural life and to add more of the divine element into our being. This is transformation. Day by day we are living a life of transformation. We are all undergoing God’s transforming work.

In the Lord’s recovery we have paid a great deal of attention to the matter of transformation. However, not much has been written by others on the importance of transformation. Nevertheless, it is a fact that all believers eventually will be transformed. If the process of transformation cannot be completed in this age, God will have a way to complete it in the next age. In the New Jerusalem all the believers will be transformed precious stones. Babel was built with bricks, but there will be no bricks in the New Jerusalem. This city will be built with transformed material; that is, it will be constituted of God’s redeemed, transformed people. What Christians, then, will share in the millennium? It will be those who have been transformed during their lifetime. But in eternity in the New Jerusalem all the people of God will be there as transformed ones. The Christian life is a life of transformation. Daily God is seeking to transform us.

This transformation is a transformation of the human nature by and with the divine nature. This means that a better material is being wrought into us. As a result, although we were made of dust, we are being transformed into something precious and transparent. This comes from being saturated with better materials, with heavenly materials.

Life Study of Exodus, Message 124, The Priestly Garments, W. Lee, Living Stream Ministry

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?cid=0C0CEF

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jan 16

Originally posted by CalJust
RC and I have not had many (any? 😛 ) constructive conversations on this site, but for once I find the subject matter interesting.

I don't believe his basic question ( as I understand it) has been answered. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that he asks:

1. Where in the Bible did the DRofK originate?
with the (implied) follow up questions: ...[text shortened]... e similar light as slavery, about which there already have been several threads.

Just saying.
Only Christ has the Divine Right of a King. No other king is divine.

HalleluYaH !!!
Praise the LORD!
Holy! Holy! Holy!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Jan 16

Only Christ has the Divine Right of a King. No other king is divine.

HalleluYaH !!!
Praise the LORD!
Holy! Holy! Holy!
Do they teach English where you come from?