1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 11:44
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    The last Christian died on the cross.--Nietzsche
    The last Republican died in Ford's Theater.* --rwingett

*Yeah, I know, he actually died in the house across the street.
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 11:53
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The last Republican died in Ford's Theater.* --rwingett

*Yeah, I know, he actually died in the house across the street.
    The last proponent of the Hegelian System died of cholera in Berlin,in 1831. The last communist is buried in Highgate cemetery,London.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 16:292 edits
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Matthew 7, verses 1 to 6:

1 [b]Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24
    3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    4 Or how wi ng about judgement as well. Verse one is a direct instruction about judgement.

--- Penguin.[/b]
    Judge not, that ye be not judged.

The term judge is used in more than one sense, but Christ's meaning is plain. (1) He does not prohibit the civil judgment of the courts upon evil doers, for this is approved throughout the whole Bible. (2) He does not prohibit the judgment of the church, through its officers, upon those who walk disorderly, for both he and the apostles have enjoined this. (3) He does not forbid those private judgments that we are compelled to form about the wrong-doers, for he himself tell us that we are to judge men by their fruits. (See Mt 7:15-20.) What he designs to prohibit is rash, uncharitable judgments, a fault-finding spirit, a disposition to condemn without examination of charges.
  4. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 21:141 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    [b]Judge not, that ye be not judged.

The term judge is used in more than one sense, but Christ's meaning is plain. (1) He does not prohibit the civil judgment of the courts upon evil doers, for this is approved throughout the whole Bible. (2) He does not prohibit the judgment of the church, through its officers, upon those who walk disorderly, for ...[text shortened]... ble judgments, a fault-finding spirit, a disposition to condemn without examination of charges.[/b]
    Well there's a secret decoder ring if ever I saw one. You're basically saying that the Bible says not to judge unless your judgement is wrong. That's going to be a hard call to make isn't it? And I don't think it's what Matthew is saying at all.

--- Penguin
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 21:41
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I thank Buddha for being my teacher.
    I thank Jesus for bringing me love.
    I thank Mohammed for being the prophet.

Quorum et decorum.

-m. 😀
    quorum et decorum?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Oct '11 22:53
    [b]Judge not, that ye be not judged.

The term judge is used in more than one sense, but Christ's meaning is plain. (1) He does not prohibit the civil judgment of the courts upon evil doers, for this is approved throughout the whole Bible. (2) He does not prohibit the judgment of the church, through its officers, upon those who walk disorderly, for ...[text shortened]... ble judgments, a fault-finding spirit, a disposition to condemn without examination of charges.[/b]
    Especially if we are quilty ourselves of the same thing.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 00:031 edit
    Well there's a secret decoder ring if ever I saw one. You're basically saying that the Bible says not to judge unless your judgement is wrong. That's going to be a hard call to make isn't it? And I don't think it's what Matthew is saying at all.

--- Penguin
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what ajudgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the bmote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the cbeam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; cseek, and ye shall find; dknock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the elaw and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in there

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16 Ye shall aknow them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth devil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy bname have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a crock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that ahouse; and it bfell: and great was the fall of it.

28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were bastonished at his doctrine:

29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Have you read it in context now?
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 00:121 edit

--- Penguin
    I state this nowhere, strawman.

It means that you shouldn't be judgemental but judging is an apropriate way to meet out punishments and judging a man by his fruits is how you will recognize false teachers.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 00:322 edits
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what ajudgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the bmote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the cbeam that is in thine own eye?

4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out ...[text shortened]... ht them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

Have you read it in context now?
    On 28 you should edit and correct the word "bastonished" to "astonished".

There are other places where your post has picked up "b" in front of a word.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '11 21:161 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But Mohammed is a false prophet.
    And Buddha is dead!! 😲
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 01:12
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    On 28 you should edit and correct the word "bastonished" to "astonished".

There are other places where your post has picked up "b" in front of a word.
    Obviously his spell checker is not divinely inspired.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 05:50
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I think he is not a "true" Christian, not because he passes judgment, but because he tries to restrict the definition of what a true Christian is. In that sense, a "true" Christian would be one who does not have a fixed definition of what a true Christian is. It would be one for whom the phrase "true Christian" has no meaning.
    A true Christian doesn't know what a true Christian is?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree