The Evidence For A Young Earth

The Evidence For A Young Earth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
11 Aug 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Well, you certainly have not presented anything interesting. So you can go back and stick your head where the sun doesn't shine and be in blissful ignorance.
I have suggested that you try to defend literalism as a reading method for Genesis. You find that uninteresting because you would rather accuse others of ignorance than chase away your own ignorance by learning something about historical hermeneutics, poetry and metaphor, science, ...

I'm reasonably certain that your "ingenious" and "original" insults are derived from looking in the mirror and thinking that it's a window.

Naturally, I'm ready to discuss any of these topics in more detail, but I need evidence that the other side of the conversation is more engaging than a wall of plaster. So far that is not the case.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
11 Aug 15

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Naturally, I'm ready to discuss any of these topics in more detail, but I need evidence that the other side of the conversation is more engaging than a wall of plaster. So far that is not the case.
Sad to say, but several of us have tried, but the wall of plaster it assuredly is.

All you can expect from RJH is a Youtube video, a smugface icon or a Hallelujah, or all three. Oh, of course, and the regular insult.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
11 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by CalJust
Sad to say, but several of us have tried, but the wall of plaster it assuredly is.

All you can expect from RJH is a Youtube video, a smugface icon or a Hallelujah, or all three. Oh, of course, and the regular insult.
Sad. Posting videos is easy.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
11 Aug 15

I have suggested that you try to defend literalism as a reading method for Genesis. You find that uninteresting because you would rather accuse others of ignorance than chase away your own ignorance by learning something about historical hermeneutics, poetry and metaphor, science, ...

I'm reasonably certain that your "ingenious" and "original" insults are ...[text shortened]... r side of the conversation is more engaging than a wall of plaster. So far that is not the case.
… historical hermeneutics, poetry and metaphor, science, ...

Yep. How are you, Wule?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
11 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by vistesd
[b]… historical hermeneutics, poetry and metaphor, science, ...

Yep. How are you, Wule?[/b]
Life has gone to the dogs. With my human children grown, I have two new fur children: two three-year old boxers, in addition to our old cat. We've also been fostering a third boxer since May who goes to his furever home tomorrow. We'll likely have a new foster within the next couple of weeks. Taking in these rescue dogs keeps life interesting and busy.

When you live with boxers, the world is forever young, albeit not the way RJH thinks of it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Aug 15

I'm reasonably certain that your "ingenious" and "original" insults are ...[text shortened]... r side of the conversation is more engaging than a wall of plaster. So far that is not the case.
I can't be all things to all people because I am only ....

The Near Genius 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Aug 15

Sad. Posting videos is easy.

[youtube]ttEMYvpoR-k[/youtube]
Does this help?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
12 Aug 15

Does this help?
No. I don't ever click on your videos. I don't want to poison my mind with weak-minded creationist propaganda.

At least the video that I posted was a truly spiritual song in the Jewish tradition by a convert to Buddhism.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Aug 15

No. I don't ever click on your videos. I don't want to poison my mind with weak-minded creationist propaganda.

At least the video that I posted was a truly spiritual song in the Jewish tradition by a convert to Buddhism.
You must be beyond help.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
12 Aug 15

You must be beyond help.
That's a mirror, not a window. But I must disagree. Your delusions can be corrected with appropriate counseling and real education.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Aug 15

That's a mirror, not a window. But I must disagree. Your delusions can be corrected with appropriate counseling and real education.
Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Aug 15

But first he would WANT to change his delusions, he will never do that, since he is quite besotted with his delusions. He would probably go into a great depression, never able to rise from his rocker again if those delusions were destroyed.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
13 Aug 15

Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall

[youtube]YR5ApYxkU-U[/youtube]
I had time for that video. I think I'll stick the DVD in the box and watch the whole film again. Then I'll spend the rest of the day listening to the early albums when Syd Barrett was still part of the band.

Thanks RJH. Can you relate to Pink when he's sitting in the corner of the stall trying to write poems with his finger and the water in the bowl?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 15

I had time for that video. I think I'll stick the DVD in the box and watch the whole film again. Then I'll spend the rest of the day listening to the early albums when Syd Barrett was still part of the band.

Thanks RJH. Can you relate to Pink when he's sitting in the corner of the stall trying to write poems with his finger and the water in the bowl?
NO

W
Angler

River City

Moves
14 Aug 15

NO
I am so very sorry for you. Empathy could improve your world.