1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 05:36
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I am so very sorry for you. Empathy could improve your world.
    You can feel empathy for me as much as you like. I will not object. 😏
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 11:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You can feel empathy for me as much as you like. I will not object. 😏
    Yes, you are SO empathic. Compassion and empathy for your fellow men just drips off you. It's a wonder people don't think you are Jesus Christ come back after all.
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 14:15
    You can feel empathy for me as much as you like. I will not object.
    It's mostly pity. Although you wallow in ignorance, you take pride in it. That contrasts with Pink in the fiction that you shared. Your ignorant pride does conjure memories.

Decades ago, I too suffered the delusions that now hold you down. It is a dark place. Fortunately, I had resources that pushed back the darkness. I was able to see that the shapes moving by were not real creatures, but shadows of puppets. Nor was I chained there, but could freely leave once I understood my condition.

I have friends and family who have remained in the cave watching the shadows. They too reject the message from outside.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 15:31
    It's mostly pity. Although you wallow in ignorance, you take pride in it. That contrasts with Pink in the fiction that you shared. Your ignorant pride does conjure memories.

Decades ago, I too suffered the delusions that now hold you down. It is a dark place. Fortunately, I had resources that pushed back the darkness. I was able to see that the shapes mov ...[text shortened]... ly who have remained in the cave watching the shadows. They too reject the message from outside.
    You have friends and family that are cavemen?
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 15:47
    You have friends and family that are cavemen?
    So, not only have we established that you know nothing about science and have misunderstandings that interfere with your knowledge of theology, we now learn that you are unfamiliar with Plato's most famous allegory.

Pity.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 17:07
    So, not only have we established that you know nothing about science and have misunderstandings that interfere with your knowledge of theology, we now learn that you are unfamiliar with Plato's most famous allegory.

Pity.
    You should have given a reference if these were not your own words. Don't be deceptive, like the devil. 😏
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 17:15
    You should have given a reference if these were not your own words. Don't be deceptive, like the devil.
    They were my words. You don't seem to understand that even yet.

The metaphors in the allegory, however, are as old as Western Civilization. If you knew the reference--as should everyone with an education--you would have instantly recognized both my reference to The Republic and the original spin that I put on this classic text.

Most college undergraduates would recognize the reference. Those who do not should not be smug. Now, go and read The Republic and when you find the passage to which I alluded, you may rejoin this conversation. Perhaps, then, you might be prepared for intelligent discourse.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Aug '15 20:58
    They were my words. You don't seem to understand that even yet.

The metaphors in the allegory, however, are as old as Western Civilization. If you knew the reference--as should everyone with an education--you would have instantly recognized both my reference to The Republic and the original spin that I put on this classic text.

Most college unde ...[text shortened]... ou may rejoin this conversation. Perhaps, then, you might be prepared for intelligent discourse.
    My education was in mathematics, science, and engineering. I only memorized enough literature and western civilization to squeeze by and quickly dismissed that nonsense from my mind as soon as possible. That is why I am .....

The Near Genius 😏
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 13:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 13:28
    My education was in mathematics, science, and engineering. I only memorized enough literature and western civilization to squeeze by ...
    No one is talking about memorizing Plato. If you had read The Republic, you would know the passage.

Your confession that you are not able to competently discuss does explain why you fail to comprehend the Bible.

It's clear that you did not do well in science either.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 15:50
    No one is talking about memorizing Plato. If you had read The Republic, you would know the passage.

Your confession that you are not able to competently discuss does explain why you fail to comprehend the Bible.

It's clear that you did not do well in science either.
    Especially since he only went two years to college. Half-assed undergrad.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Aug '15 19:42
    Mark H Armitage - Report Of Soft Tissues In A Triceratops Horn

YouTube
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Aug '15 04:54
    Mark H Armitage - Report Of Soft Tissues In A Triceratops Horn

[youtube]MqDV_MTQSxg[/youtube]
    So you get tired of that conversation and just try diversion, on the theory that maybe we won't notice and then actually respond to your biased video's again.

It is well known now that soft tissue can survive millions of years. That is a fact. You and your YEC buddies might try your best to bend that into the vain proof the Earth is only a few thousand years old but year after year, your so-called proofs get weaker and weaker and less and less people buy into your buddy's BS.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 01:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you get tired of that conversation and just try diversion, on the theory that maybe we won't notice and then actually respond to your biased video's again.

It is well known now that soft tissue can survive millions of years. That is a fact. You and your YEC buddies might try your best to bend that into the vain proof the Earth is only a few thousand ...[text shortened]... , your so-called proofs get weaker and weaker and less and less people buy into your buddy's BS.
    Just saying soft tissue, such as blood vessels, can last millions of years does not mean that dinosaurs all died off millions of years ago no matter how often you repeat it like a parrot. We need proof and so far there is none. 😏
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Aug '15 10:37
    Just saying soft tissue, such as blood vessels, can last millions of years does not mean that dinosaurs all died off millions of years ago no matter how often you repeat it like a parrot. We need proof and so far there is none. 😏
    There is this tiny detail that dino bones are buried in rock measured to be some hundred million years or more, and all you can do is poo poo the time scale but that is a fact, not pseudoscience like your YEC's conjure up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree