The Failure of Christianity to Stand Up to Reason.

The Failure of Christianity to Stand Up to Reason.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Apologist

Moves
25 Feb 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
You're a hypocrite, Darfius. You cut and paste more than your
fair share of drivel to this site.

I find it intellectually offensive when anyone posts something
without citing it, whether I am for it or against it.

And, while several of the claims in the post are very flawed
(no doubt the product of the bias of the author rather than
sound reason ...[text shortened]... ponder the claims only demonstrates an unwillingness to
consider the 'other side.'

Nemesio
Who said I didn't read it, Nemesio?

I even commented on it. Your narcissism is getting annoying.

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
25 Feb 05

Originally posted by pcaspian
I don't think you, or I for that matter, have truely had our faith tested. Death of a partner, a child, suffering and destruction are true tests of faith. When all the world is at your feet and only your faith is preventing you from grabbing as much as you can hold, then you may be tested. Perhaps in our lifetimes we will never have to suffer heartbreaking tribulations, perhaps we may suffer the worst of all.
I recommended your post because I believe that matters like
the day Jesus died is not a matter of faith. Indeed, I believe
that whether a single word of the Bible is historically true is
totally irrelevant to faith; the things you mention in your
thoughtful post are true tests of faith.

I firmly believe that, if you desparately need the Bible to be
literally, historically true, then you haven't any faith at all.

Nemesio

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
25 Feb 05

Originally posted by Darfius
Who said I didn't read it, Nemesio?

I even commented on it. Your narcissism is getting annoying.
I am no more confident in my beliefs as you are in yours.
Thus, I am no more narcissicistic.

In fact, I would argue that I am less narcissicistic because,
unlike you whose life is bound up in irrational axioms like
'The Bible is always historically right,' I am willing to concede
that any article of my faith is potentially wrong.

Nemesio

p

Graceland.

Moves
25 Feb 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Regardless of what you "think", my post was genuine surprise and incredulity that there is nothing more specific in the OT regarding that the Messiah would be a descendant of David.

There is plenty in the OT regarding Jesus being a descendent of David, the poster merely refered to ONE prophecy.

Sigh, you chastise Ivan for his childish tactics, so lets try...

" Again, these are PUBLIC forums, it is impossible to "interrupt" them "

Previously you suggest that a post can in deed be interupted, you suggest that the requirement for 'NOT' interupting a thread is to have already posted in it (irrespective of whether it was remotely in tune with the thread you replied to:

no1marauder : " And this a public thread that I've already posted in; how can I be "interrupting" it"?

Alas, you've demonstrated on numerous occasions a shortage of tact and forum etiquette. Ofcourse there are jerks in all facets of life, I just figure if no-one told you come across as one, you may never reflection on your behaviour. Having said that you seem to be immune to recognising any error in your ways, so I may well be mistaken.

Heck, perhaps I should join forum wars, so you can tell me what you really feel, that is without any mods interfering ?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
25 Feb 05

Heck, perhaps I should join forum wars, so you can tell me what you really feel, that is without any mods interfering ?
This would be worth the price of admission, I'd have to say.

Nemesio

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Feb 05

[b] Regardless of what you "think", my post was genuine surprise and incredulity that there is nothing more specific in the OT regarding that the Messiah would be a descendant of David.

There is plenty in the OT regarding Jesus being a descendent of David, the poster merely refered to ONE prophecy.
...[text shortened]... forum wars, so you can tell me what you really feel, that is without any mods interfering ?

[/b]
Please do join Forum Wars as I would luvvvvvvvvv to discuss matters with you free of the constraints here at RHP (bet you don't have the guts).

p

Graceland.

Moves
25 Feb 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
I recommended your post because I believe that matters like
the day Jesus died is not a matter of faith. Indeed, I believe
that whether a single word of the Bible is historically true is
totally irrelevant to faith; the things you mention in your
thoughtful post are true tests of faith.

Ah, seems not citing your references do pay off 🙂

kidding.

p

Graceland.

Moves
25 Feb 05

Please do join Forum Wars as I would luvvvvvvvvv to discuss matters with you free of the constraints here at RHP (bet you don't have the guts).

I think your problem is that you spend too much time acting like a jerk, that when you do have to act polite, you struggle to adjust. That may explain your online persona.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Feb 05

[b] Regardless of what you "think", my post was genuine surprise and incredulity that there is nothing more specific in the OT regarding that the Messiah would be a descendant of David.

...[text shortened]... forum wars, so you can tell me what you really feel, that is without any mods interfering ?

[/b]
I have said that off-topic evangelizing rather than discussing the issues presented is inappropriate. Do you seriously say that my post asking for other references in the OT was off-topic? If "there's plenty", please post other references in the OT of the prophecy that the Messiah would be a descendant of David as sonofsaul originally requested.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Feb 05
1 edit

[b] Please do join Forum Wars as I would luvvvvvvvvv to discuss matters with you free of the constraints here at RHP (bet you don't have the guts).

I think your problem is that you spen ...[text shortened]... e, you struggle to adjust. That may explain your online persona.
[/b]
I think your problem is that you like to act tough here where you can hide behind other's skirts and throw your trash around, but you lack the cajones to discuss matters where your delicate sensibilities can't be protected. If you weren't such a moral coward you would join Forum Wars and talk trash there like you do here, but it's pretty obvious you can't handle a format where people can speak their minds directly without fear of censorship.

c

Moves
25 Feb 05

I'm intrigued at the christians' almost audible sighs of relief at finding that this is not an original work (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A213247).

What the lack of originality does not do is discredit the article, which is very damning and strenghtens my aethism, Darfius!

p

Graceland.

Moves
25 Feb 05
1 edit

I think your problem is that you like to act tough here

Talk trash ? I comment on your online persona which reflects that of a real life jerkoff. It is disheartening that so much of your self esteem lies in your ability to talk trash online. That is about as interesting as watching two skinny girls arm wrestle... who exactly is that suppose to impress ?

All you've managed to do tonight is prevent me from getting an early nights sleep and re-evaluating my stance on abortion.

oh well.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 Feb 05

[b] I think your problem is that you like to act tough here

Talk trash ? I comment on your online persona which reflects that of a real life jerkoff. It is disheartening that so much of your self esteem lies in your ability to talk trash online. That is about as interesting as watching two skinny girls ...[text shortened]... prevent me from getting an early nights sleep and re-evaluating my stance on abortion.

pc. [/b]
Still too chickens**t to join Forum Wars, Pcaspian? You could insult me to your heart's delight there, but you'd actually have to take some back. I guess that would require more courage than you possess, but a "man" who's tooooo afraid to hear some harsh words ain't much of a man is "he", Pcaspian?

p

Graceland.

Moves
25 Feb 05

Still too chickens**t to join Forum Wars, Pcaspian? You could insult me to your heart's delight there, but you'd actually have to take some back. I guess that would require more courage than you possess, but a "man" who's tooooo afraid to hear some harsh words ain't much of a man is "he", Pcaspian?

Dude, you're losing it.

go get some air, or something.

The Apologist

Moves
25 Feb 05

Originally posted by clive59
I'm intrigued at the christians' almost audible sighs of relief at finding that this is not an original work (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A213247).

What the lack of originality does not do is discredit the article, which is very damning and strenghtens my aethism, Darfius!
It wasn't the lack of originality that made me chuckle, clive.

It was the lack of a realistic point. Conspiracy theorists need help.