1. London
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 13:36
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    You really should read the Pope's Regensburger speech. It'll teach you a few things about interpreting the developments and their consequenses in the history of God's Revelation, in particular it'll teach you about the synthesis between the Greek spirit and the Christian spirit, the inner rapprochement between Biblical faith and Greek philosophical inquiry, ...[text shortened]... _xvi/speeches/2006/september/documents/hf_ben-xvi_spe_20060912_university-regensburg_en.html
    Not the best of moves ...

😞

LH
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    21 Sep '06 13:49
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Not the best of moves ...

😞

LH
    Why not ? There is nothing wrong with that speech. Let's say it is titillating .... in more than one way ..... and for more people than just the Muslims or the Jihadists ..... 😛
  3. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '06 15:12
    Wow, what a post, yozzer. I haven't finished reading all yet, and I am not sure if I will be able to absorb all in a single reading. Maybe I'll have to look up at some of the things you've raised here. That should be interesting. In another thread, I've promised to read up on the bible. Hopefully I will find there 'truth'.

Now I don't know if I will agree with what you have written here, but I must say that I am very, very impressed with your logical arguments/reasoning, and the apparent research required to arrive at such an extensive argument!

I wonder, yozzer, would it be possible to copy what you've written here into say microsoft word, and then send it to as an email attachment? I'd really appreciate it very much. My email address is: ckoh1965@yahoo.com. I want to actually print it out and analyse every bits and pieces if I can. Thank you in advance.
  4. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 04:06
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Wow, what a post, yozzer. I haven't finished reading all yet, and I am not sure if I will be able to absorb all in a single reading. Maybe I'll have to look up at some of the things you've raised here. That should be interesting. In another thread, I've promised to read up on the bible. Hopefully I will find there 'truth'.

Now I don't know if I will agr ...[text shortened]... actually print it out and analyse every bits and pieces if I can. Thank you in advance.
    Forget about it. Silly of me. How simple to just cut and paste onto a blank word document! Have done that now. Thx anyway. Again very good piece of work, yozzer!
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Sep '06 12:201 edit
    Originally posted by ckoh1965
    Forget about it. Silly of me. How simple to just cut and paste onto a blank word document! Have done that now. Thx anyway. Again very good piece of work, yozzer!
    Or, you could just go to the website from which yozzer lifted it in the first place. The original article has a date of 20 November 1999.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A213247

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree