1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 21:561 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I find it interesting that this sort of warning (from one person to another of the same views) is common amongst theists but not atheists. I never hear atheists telling each other 'be on your guard against this argument or that argument, or this type of Christian'. We do listen to each others ideas, but most of the time we figure out counter arguments for our selves, and we are not afraid of any argument a theist might present.
    That's because they are all going to Hell anyway so it doesn't matter. 😏

P.S. I am ready for you to twist my words. That is what atheists like to do.
  2. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 22:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds

When you die you won't get a shock that heaven is /isnt real.

You will be dead.

Your mind will be dead

Your body will rot and decay.

The End

Based on the true story of every human in history.
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 22:281 edit
    Originally posted by nook7
    When you die you won't get a shock that heaven is /isnt real.

You will be dead.

Your mind will be dead

Your body will rot and decay.

The End

Based on the true story of every human in history.
    What really annoys me is that there are people starving in the world much more deserving of the food that RJHinds eats. He does humanity a disservice by even existing.
  4. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 22:38
    Originally posted by Agerg
    What really annoys me is that there are people starving in the world much more deserving of the food that RJHinds eats. He does humanity a disservice by even existing.
    Indeed.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Mar '12 22:42

Your words are already twisted, they need no further angular momentum.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 00:50
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    CS LEWIS

"It is no good asking for a simple religion. After all, real things are
    not simple. They look simple, but they are not. The table I am sitting at
    looks simple: but ask a scientist to tell you what it is really made of-all
    about the atoms and how the light waves rebound from them and hit my eye and
    what they do to the optic nerve a ...[text shortened]... ot His statement to us of certain quite unalterable facts about His own
    nature."
    ah, cs lewis. another strawman antagonist.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 01:59
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Your words are already twisted, they need no further angular momentum.
    I guess you really do have no appreciation for the truth. Well, I tried.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 12:49
    knightmeister. This is not the first time you have brought up this argument. Why don't you simply summarize it and state it in your own words instead of quoting CS Lewis, with the intent of blaming him when your argument fails?
    Let me help you out. This is your argument:
    "My beliefs are too complicated for you to understand, so you cannot create an argument against them because any such argument will be a strawman."
    Or put another way:
    "Any argument against Christianity is an argument against a Christianity I don't believe in. (Or: All arguments against Christianity are strawmen.)"

Of course the counter argument is:
    Our arguments against Christianity, are too complicated for you to understand, so your claim that they are strawmen is a strawman.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 15:04
    But I am not referring to gods or god, but to the only true God.
    You will go to your grave deluded.
  10. Joined
    02 May '09
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 18:31
    I need something cleared up. Christianity requires an unquestioning belief ,faith. I just can't see how anybody does'nt have a smidgen of doubt about anything they believe in . Will anyone swear on their eternal soul and those of their children that they are without doubt in their belief in a christian god.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 20:183 edits
    Originally posted by kaminsky
    I need something cleared up. Christianity requires an unquestioning belief ,faith. I just can't see how anybody does'nt have a smidgen of doubt about anything they believe in . Will anyone swear on their eternal soul and those of their children that they are without doubt in their belief in a christian god.
    Unfortunately, though I cannot for the life in me fathom how; the majority of Christians of the ilk we get on these boards are absolutely and completely convinced that their invisible sky fairy equipped with infinite ranged spying goggles exists. They also believe that magic is possible, that good will always triumph over evil, and that we are on the verge of testing this in some great cataclysmic battle. They unquestionably believe in talking snakes, talking bushes and that regardless of any natural impediment, walking on water and rising from the dead was within the realms of possibility for mortals 2000 years ago. They also reckon that 2 of every damned species of animal that ever lived (including dinosaurs) fitted onto a little ark and were kept alive in these cramped conditions for 40 days by a 900 year old bloke and his small entourage of family members.

It would be comical if it were not so f***ing tragic!

Actually i take the last bit back - it *is* comical; indeed it's fricking hilarious!!! 😵
  12. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 04:01
    If Christians truly believed, then they would celebrate at funerals, not mourn at them.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 04:071 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    If Christians truly believed, then they would celebrate at funerals, not mourn at them.
    not so, Jesus cried at Lazarus death. Death honours no one and the effects of sin are
    hardly a cause for celebration. Christians grieve but they are not overcome with grief
    as those without hope.
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 04:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    not so, Jesus cried at Lazarus death.
    See, I'd call that a flaw in the tale. The engineers of Christianity should've put more thought into the development of the characters. If death for a Christian means being with God, and everyone is crying about it, I'd be forced to conclude that God must be hell to be around.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 04:181 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    See, I'd call that a flaw in the tale. The engineers of Christianity should've put more thought into the development of the characters. If death for a Christian means being with God, and everyone is crying about it, I'd be forced to conclude that God must be hell to be around.
    who says death its about being with God? you really should try to learn not to make
    assumptions and then base arguments upon those assumptions, its castles made of
    sand. death is the effect of sin, that is not something that a Christian would or should
    feel happy about.

id call it a human element and go as far to say it lends legitimacy to the account
    because of that, why indeed would the gospel writer make that up, any conceivable
    argument other than, because i say so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree