1. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 04:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    who says death its about being with God? you really should try to learn not to make
    assumptions and then base arguments upon those assumptions, its castles made of
    sand. death is the effect of sin, that is not something that a Christian would or should
    feel happy about.

id call it a human element and go as far to say it lends legitimacy to ...[text shortened]... d would the gospel writer make that up, any conceivable
    argument other than, because i say so.
    Ah, I almost forgot about this artful dodge. The Christian who comes forward and says, in effect, that what 99% of Christians say all the time just ain't so, or ain't meant to be the way it sounds, or it's all just a metaphor, or whatever. You may be "different" or atypical in some way, but I can tell you that the way the story goes is: the saved Christian goes to be with God. You can say that is not accurate, but I can tell you -- and you surely are aware -- that the great preponderance of self-professed Christians in the Western world cleave to that idea. It's said in the churches, and its said at funerals. Same old song.

Yet, the Christians who claim to believe in the faithful departed going to heaven still mourn terribly, as if somehow their belief were failing them. As if, for a while at least, the immunity to certain realities that the religion meme affords its carrier is stymied, and somehow found wanting. I don't care what you in particular believe in -- you're the artful dodger who happens to be present during my soliloquy, rallying some half-assed defense of "the Faith". My observation pertains to the multitudes of others who call themselves Christian and would agree with the statement that to die is to go to heaven and be with God.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 06:10
    Originally posted by kaminsky
    I need something cleared up. Christianity requires an unquestioning belief ,faith. I just can't see how anybody does'nt have a smidgen of doubt about anything they believe in . Will anyone swear on their eternal soul and those of their children that they are without doubt in their belief in a christian god.
    It is like this, I have 1% doubt and you can have the other 99%. 😏
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 06:20
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Unfortunately, though I cannot for the life in me fathom how; the majority of Christians of the ilk we get on these boards are absolutely and completely convinced that their invisible sky fairy equipped with infinite ranged spying goggles exists. They also believe that magic is possible, that good will always triumph over evil, and that we are on the verge of ...[text shortened]... c!

Actually i take the last bit back - it *is* comical; indeed it's fricking hilarious!!! 😵
    They were miracles.

YouTube
  4. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 06:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They were miracles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs
    finally you direct me to a link worth following, excellent tune. would'nt hold up in court though.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 06:39
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    finally you direct me to a link worth following, excellent tune. would'nt hold up in court though.
    Not in todays court - too many idiots on the jury. 😏
  6. Joined
    02 May '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 17:02
    It is like this, I have 1% doubt and you can have the other 99%. 😏
    1% is the same as 99% , go on swear on your eternal soul . Have FAITH .
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 18:46
    1% is the same as 99% , go on swear on your eternal soul . Have FAITH .
    The odds are in my favor. I take that bet. What do I have to lose?
  8. Joined
    02 May '09
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 19:06
    Go on then ,type that on your eternal soul ,that you believe without doubt in a Christian God .
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 19:23
    Go on then ,type that on your eternal soul ,that you believe without doubt in a Christian God .
    Right On! HalleluYah !!! 😏
  10. Joined
    02 May '09
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 05:45
    Right On! HalleluYah !!! 😏
    there is a big jump from wishful thinking to faith .
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 06:03
    there is a big jump from wishful thinking to faith .
    But once you get a very small amount of faith, it does not take long to grow
    very big.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 07:06
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Do you sincerely know the difference between 'belief' and 'believe'?
    Leave him alone he's fixing his engine.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 07:33
    Originally posted by Agerg
    What really annoys me is that there are people starving in the world much more deserving of the food that RJHinds eats. He does humanity a disservice by even existing.
    It really bothers you that I am as fat as a pig, eating the abundance of food God
    has provided for me?
  14. Joined
    02 May '09
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 17:40
    I'll give some due RJhinds, you keep swinging.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '12 21:531 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    not so, Jesus cried at Lazarus death. Death honours no one and the effects of sin are
    hardly a cause for celebration. Christians grieve but they are not overcome with grief
    as those without hope.
    you neglected to infix that end part of that comment with “deluded” for you should have said:

“...Christians grieve but they are not overcome with grief
    as those without deluded hope”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree